Recon Infantry?

Have a feature request for SRCW? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Xbwalker
Brigadier Gen.

Recon Infantry?

Post by Xbwalker »

Maybe they exist and I have not run into them yet but what about recon infantry?

I know there are recon cavalry but what about infantry? I would link numerous examples of recon units during all our past wars but needless to say, they played a major role. Perhaps we could look into adding them as an ultra cheap recon unit (and vulnerable due to infantry speed) maybe with some sort of bonus to detection and stealth?
Chesehead
Brigadier Gen.

Re: Recon Infantry?

Post by Chesehead »

Most foot infantry recon is done by spec ops guys, so I would assume a unit your thinking of would simply be some spec ops or perhaps light infantry. I would assume the game models foot infantry recon units as part of an infanty brigad
Fistalis
General
Human: Yes

Post by Fistalis »

Chesehead wrote:I would assume the game models foot infantry recon units as part of an infanty brigad
This, recon groupings which move primarily on foot aren't usually battalion size. And the ones that were would have no difference in stats to a comparable infantry group.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
geminif4ucorsair
General

Post by geminif4ucorsair »

Fistalis wrote:
Chesehead wrote:I would assume the game models foot infantry recon units as part of an infanty brigad
This, recon groupings which move primarily on foot aren't usually battalion size. And the ones that were would have no difference in stats to a comparable infantry group.
Infantry Recon units were proposed and data provided for Goats (BG). In Soviet service, they were organized in many cases as battalions, and when operating as independent, were usually under Corps or Brigade service. They are infamous in Soviet lore and are the linked heritage to Spetsnaz units of mid-Cold War period.

Several Western armies also had them during WW 2 and one proposed for SR-CW would have had high stealth, faster speed than normal Leg infantry, etc. - but ultimately, both fell to the Goat ax.

While there are no Leg Infantry recon units, the Soviet Sorokovke unit is included, which was equipped with early post-war 4x4 BTR-40 vehicles (plus other types).

Return to “Suggestions - SRCW”