Meet Colony Needs Button

Have a feature request for SRCW? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Samer
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

Meet Colony Needs Button

Post by Samer »

I think it would be really helpful if there was an option to meet all the resource/financial needs of a specific colony automatically without having to setup trades. Maybe have a list where it shows all your colonies and a tick box next to each one to meet or not meet their needs. That way when you build stuff in the colonies you can be sure they will have enough resources to complete the project.
way2co0l
Brigadier Gen.
Human: Yes

Re: Meet Colony Needs Button

Post by way2co0l »

I kind of like the idea, but wonder how it would work if BG ends up providing an option that I hope they do that allows AI nations to build their economy up more on their own. Most nations have a somewhat undersized industrial sector which struggles to keep up with our own economic growth until we expand it, and I would hate to cripple myself trying to help my colonies only to find they're sapping my much needed materials. Having the option to click a checkbox like you mentioned to turn it on or off would be nice and would probably be the best way to balance it. Could simply have the box unclicked at the beginning of the game when you're usually expanding your industrial production and only turn it on when you're capable of supporting colonial growth, or when you're intentionally attempting to expand a specific colony. Yea, I kind of like the idea. :)
bvb
Colonel

Re: Meet Colony Needs Button

Post by bvb »

At the very least, we need to have their economic info available to view. (Financial & resource). As is the only hint we get are the bars in the diplomacy window, and those are based on % variance, but nothing of actual numbers. If they need 100 and produce 500 the bars will look like there is a huge surplus, whereas if they produce 10 million and need 11 million, the difference between the two bars will be very small. Not too helpful when trying to set up a weekly trade or whatever to help fill their need. :wink:

Return to “Suggestions - SRCW”