AI building facilities on empty ground.

Have a feature request for SRCW? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

hoddized
Colonel

AI building facilities on empty ground.

Post by hoddized »

Are there any plans to make the AI capable of building mines and such on empty ground? That is, hexes that lack industrial center, a town or a Military complex. Never seen it do that and I am quite sure it can't.
way2co0l
Brigadier Gen.
Human: Yes

Re: AI building facilities on empty ground.

Post by way2co0l »

hoddized wrote:Are there any plans to make the AI capable of building mines and such on empty ground? That is, hexes that lack industrial center, a town or a Military complex. Never seen it do that and I am quite sure it can't.
As of now it's not able to do it on it's own no. There are a few scripted events where it's done, but that's the only way they get them and there aren't many of them from what I understand.

The devs are aware of it, and I believe they are trying to work it in. They have to make sure that the ai is capable of doing it intelligently or else it could just end up hurting them in the long run. But like you I'm crossing my fingers and hoping to see them do it themselves eventually. I don't like the entire worlds economy revolving around me. I want some competition to compete over a limited market with the ai nations. I don't want everything I build to just automatically turn to gold. lol
MacDglas
Sergeant
Human: Yes

Post by MacDglas »

way2co0l wrote:
hoddized wrote:Are there any plans to make the AI capable of building mines and such on empty ground? That is, hexes that lack industrial center, a town or a Military complex. Never seen it do that and I am quite sure it can't.
As of now it's not able to do it on it's own no. There are a few scripted events where it's done, but that's the only way they get them and there aren't many of them from what I understand.

The devs are aware of it, and I believe they are trying to work it in. They have to make sure that the ai is capable of doing it intelligently or else it could just end up hurting them in the long run. But like you I'm crossing my fingers and hoping to see them do it themselves eventually. I don't like the entire worlds economy revolving around me. I want some competition to compete over a limited market with the ai nations. I don't want everything I build to just automatically turn to gold. lol
I'm all for the AI building stuff on empty ground. Lets just hope it doesn't build too enthusiastically since we've all seen what that can do. Remember in SR2020 where the AI (North Korea etc) kept building units after units until they were all concentrated into one big gigantic blob. We should try to avoid this happening to buildings "COUGH".
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

One very possible problem with the AI building ,is that the game makes it possible for the player to win from just about every region.This means every region in the game can become ridiculously "successful" and built up if the AI can go on building sprees.

And that would take the "every monkey can" issue to new unfortunate heights.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
battlegoat9787
Colonel

Post by battlegoat9787 »

tkobo wrote:One very possible problem with the AI building ,is that the game makes it possible for the player to win from just about every region.This means every region in the game can become ridiculously "successful" and built up if the AI can go on building sprees.

And that would take the "every monkey can" issue to new unfortunate heights.
You have a point, but the main problem for me regarding this issue is whether the AI will build sensibly and not build too much that it would slow the game down or clutter the map.

It is an idea worth thinking of, but AI will need to be programmed well. I suggest though that improvements to the AI invasions should come first since like a few people such as myself have noticed, the AI isn't perfect and its annoying when I see ships just loaded with troops that end up circling and wondering around because the AI doesn't know how to invade. When it does invade, the AI send very few troops (China vs Taiwan) which end up getting slaughtered upon landing lol.

Return to “Suggestions - SRCW”