Weird tech progression

Have a feature request for SRCW? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

antemalagon
Sergeant
Human: Yes

Weird tech progression

Post by antemalagon »

I'm on Jan 1957 as the US with full research funding and 12 research facilities and for awhile I've had only One technology available to research... whats up with that. For awhile all I had was geosynchronous orbit and now its just satellite broadcasting. Meanwhile I have M1 Abrams and F18Ds. It doesn't make sense to me. If it was based on tech level or era or something then why do I have Abrams or f18s. If its reliant on the tech tree why the heck does everything else afterward depend solely on geosynchronous orbit and satellite broadcasting ...
larsjrg
Sergeant

Re: Weird tech progression

Post by larsjrg »

The game is hardly ment for USA to have 12 research slots, also I do have a feeling you've tons of unit researches to do? If you focus hard on pure technologies you'll end up in your situation rather quickly. I've a feeling that the way the techtree is built forces the space race for every nation, if they manage to get that far in the technology race.
Gurc
Lieutenant

Post by Gurc »

There is a technology bottleneck. A satellite technology whose prerequisites are non-tradable open a whole new area. It is the bottom left space race milestone's technology. I had to wait for 1 year each for two technologies. After that you need like 40 research centers :) for obtaining technology at the highrest rate possible ,because the tree becomes very widespread. I think GC2020 technologies come after it.
antemalagon
Sergeant

Post by antemalagon »

Yeah there's definitely a bottleneck, at least 3 technologies that remain the only technologies on the board if not more. I just don't understand how all the 2020 technologies are all reliant on one specific space technology. It doesn't make sense to me to have Abrams and f18s but still be waiting on pretty basic techs that supposedly all rely on some space tech. Is there a specific reason for the bottleneck ? I could understand I guess if its a balancing thing but it seems like there are so many facets of technology represented that there should never be a bottleneck realistically.
antemalagon
Sergeant

Post by antemalagon »

As for unit research, why waste the time researching them all when I can just defend with basic units and get up to abrams and f18s while others still use ww2 era tanks and prop planes.
Hakuren
Warrant Officer

Post by Hakuren »

Yeap, well 12 Research Centers is a bit extreme, even for me, but I agree that tech tree need serious love - changing pre-req for a lot of stuff, and adding tiny bonuses to normally useless techs. Make every tech worthwhile. That should be a priority.

As UK you can spam Challenger IIIU tanks ~1955 or so, long before Challenger I even appear on the research list. Build 200 of those and you can easily conquer whole world with them. Need 4-5 RC for that, not even close to 12! :lol:

Return to “Suggestions - SRCW”