Creating Subgroups In Reserves

Have a feature request for SRCW? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Samer
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

Creating Subgroups In Reserves

Post by Samer »

Would it be possible to allow us to organize our reserves the way we like it. I would like to see the ability to create subgroups in the reserve screen than we can assign units into. Each subgroup would then be divided into the traditional groups (infantry, tanks, artillery, etc...) just like how it is now. The reason I ask is because it would make it so much easier to determine which units are obsolete and meant for trading, and which units are front line worthy.
bvb
Colonel

Re: Creating Subgroups In Reserves

Post by bvb »

A UI button to "mark unit for sale" or something would be nice too, that would simply add a symbol or tag to all selected units. Then when you go to sell/give away units you don't have to remember the specific unit (31st M-60 Battalion, 17th 40mm Bofors, etc) you can see all units with that symbol (an asterisk or something at the beginning of their name) and know you're selecting the right ones.

Obviously we can rename units manually to accomplish the same, but this would allow doing 5, 10, 100 units with a single click.
way2co0l
Brigadier Gen.

Post by way2co0l »

What would also be kind of cool is if they made it so that when you tagged a unit as "for sale" that it lets the ai know it can try to send you an offer to buy it without you finding someone to unload it on.
Samer
Lieutenant

Post by Samer »

Ya that would be really interesting. And also when you go into the trade menu and click on the unit tab it will show what other nations have for sale too. I like!
Legend
General

Post by Legend »

We do have a "tag unit" for sale system listed on our development features list ... only I think it gets pushed down for items that we deem as higher in priority. One day perhaps. However, we may look at this particular item/feature and decide to go with something different... perhaps an "auto trade obsolete". Or some other method of managing equipment. We never know how it'll turn out.

- Daxon
Draken
General

Post by Draken »

Perhaps a "Flea Market" list somewhere that tells you what nation is selling what units....

Who knows.... Perhaps an auction system too :D
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent.
Isaac Asimov, Salvor Hardin in "Foundation"
-
Si vis pacem, para bellum
-
It is hard to free fools from the chains they revere.
Voltaire
way2co0l
Brigadier Gen.

Post by way2co0l »

Legend wrote:We do have a "tag unit" for sale system listed on our development features list ... only I think it gets pushed down for items that we deem as higher in priority. One day perhaps. However, we may look at this particular item/feature and decide to go with something different... perhaps an "auto trade obsolete". Or some other method of managing equipment. We never know how it'll turn out.

- Daxon
Glad to hear it's on the list. I definitely agree there are more pressing issues that need resolved first but I do hope you guys manage to get to it eventually.

The primary thing that needs to get done before a system like this will really work is find a way to get the ai to stop crippling itself with a force it can't support. If the ai's military budget is beginning to become more than it can support, it should identify it's least valuable equipment and put them up for sale. If no one buys them within a certain portion of time, they get scrapped.

This shedding of useless units will in turn allow nations to look into buying more modern equipment from larger powers such as the US and USSR. If there is equipment available that surpasses their own, and they have the finances to afford it, then they should pull the trigger. Then once they gain the new units, they should repeat the process by putting up for sale whatever unit was just made obsolete by the purchase.

It should have the effect of larger nations upgrading their own equipment and shedding off their excess obsolete units which are still more advanced than what most nations have to work with, trickling all the way down until the lowest nations are putting up their most worthless units that no one is willing to buy and eventually get scrapped. If done properly it should increase the late game challenge by providing more modern enemy OOB's, as well as preventing any specific nation from becoming so overly burdened by their forces that their economy simply can't support it.
Legend
General

Post by Legend »

Your post sounds like it could start a new thread... *hint*.

I do believe your comment is noted in our system as well to work on. I agree with the points you have made about how it will help countries.

- Daxon
way2co0l
Brigadier Gen.

Post by way2co0l »

Legend wrote:Your post sounds like it could start a new thread... *hint*.

I do believe your comment is noted in our system as well to work on. I agree with the points you have made about how it will help countries.

- Daxon
Sure, I can make a new post if you'd like me to. :) I can be pretty bad with hijacking threads sometimes. LOL. :P

Return to “Suggestions - SRCW”