Tech suggestion :)

Have a feature request for SRCW? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

PWNzer49
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

Tech suggestion :)

Post by PWNzer49 »

While I like the detail and number of units available to research, could you please have some of the units be availible for research at a later date? It's 1952 in my game and I'm already investing in the F-4. And while it will be fun to plow over Russian yaks with my phantom...a period in CW where sabres and mig 17s are in high use would be appreciated.
Chesehead
Brigadier Gen.

Re: Tech suggestion :)

Post by Chesehead »

Best bet for now is to go with a mod. I'd suggest helping out with this one.
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 65&t=18558

Ideally, you'd stretch out techs for the Phantom. I'm plenty open for ideas.
antemalagon
Sergeant

Post by antemalagon »

lol its 1955 for me and I've got F18Ds already
larsjrg
Sergeant

Post by larsjrg »

antemalagon wrote:lol its 1955 for me and I've got F18Ds already
Not to mention you will end up with totally obsolete units within a 1 a year... ones units have to be traded of to foreign countries. Fueling the military economy of non-stop unit building.

Typically science was not a one country project but rather collaboration between scientist across the world. Perhaps certain techs unlocks should be associated with an overall level of progression of all the countries, so you cannot leap forward as is possible now.
Chesehead
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Chesehead »

larsjrg wrote:
Not to mention you will end up with totally obsolete units within a 1 a year... ones units have to be traded of to foreign countries. Fueling the military economy of non-stop unit building.

Typically science was not a one country project but rather collaboration between scientist across the world. Perhaps certain techs unlocks should be associated with an overall level of progression of all the countries, so you cannot leap forward as is possible now.
It should be dependent on certain countries maybe, and not say some backwater african colony. Also, scientific coorperation didn't come about till much later as things got complicated. Maybe have a tech that would unlock others?
larsjrg
Sergeant

Post by larsjrg »

Chesehead wrote:
larsjrg wrote:

It should be dependent on certain countries maybe, and not say some backwater african colony. Also, scientific coorperation didn't come about till much later as things got complicated. Maybe have a tech that would unlock others?
Science always been complicated, the more you know the more questions you get. When did this corperation then come? Basic research concepts been shared between the community of scientists even before this game starts in 1949.

"A review of selected parameters of the growth of scientific collaboration over the last century provides further confirmation of the dependency of teamwork on the increasing professionalization of science." by D. deB Beaver and R. Rosen (1978). Especially since the beginning of 1900's the community been extremely talkactive between each other. Of course certain technologies are "less shared" and have a real gain to them, like industry, medicine, war techs. But basic concepts that propels these techs should really have a common international basis rather than "I researched more than you".

But indeed basic research should not be dependent on african colonies, as the majority of science progress have come from the modern world.

Return to “Suggestions - SRCW”