Making the casus belli system more flexible

Have a feature request for SRCW? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

kj011
Sergeant
Human: Yes

Making the casus belli system more flexible

Post by kj011 »

As of now, the casus belli system is not flexible enough to provide for a dynamic gaming experience. If the developers add new features like embargoing another nation or causing border provocations in future would vastly improve the current casus belli system. It would be also great to include scripted events that allow you to deport the minority group within your nation which is in control of a neighboring nation (Pakistan & India, China & Vietnam etc.. )
way2co0l
Brigadier Gen.

Re: Making the casus belli system more flexible

Post by way2co0l »

More options and control along those lines would be great at some point. I really have no clue when they'd manage to get to working on additions like that but I'd love for expanded options at some point in the future!
dbraaker
Lieutenant

Post by dbraaker »

Well if you want war you have to teclare war. adding a feature assuring you to be attacked by someone is pointless. you have to live with the consequences of your actions i think.
kj011
Sergeant

Post by kj011 »

dbraaker wrote:Well if you want war you have to teclare war. adding a feature assuring you to be attacked by someone is pointless. you have to live with the consequences of your actions i think.
I get the point about the scripted events. However, Bismarck would disagree with you about the importance of using diplomatic tools for manipulating international opinion. :wink:
Overlord
Lt. Colonel

Post by Overlord »

kj011 wrote:
dbraaker wrote:Well if you want war you have to teclare war. adding a feature assuring you to be attacked by someone is pointless. you have to live with the consequences of your actions i think.
I get the point about the scripted events. However, Bismarck would disagree with you about the importance of using diplomatic tools for manipulating international opinion. :wink:
Or George W.
Overlord
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Overlord wrote:
kj011 wrote:
Or George W.
I've been bugging them about false flag attack options for espionage forever.. not quite what you guys are asking for but same effects.
For instance... you send spies to do a sabatoge attack on the U.K and try to make it look like it was the USSR that did it.
If you fail.. you wold lose relations with U.K and the USSR both and they would gain CB.
If you succeed the U.K would gain CB against the USSR and reduced relations between the tow and they would have no idea of your involvement.

Edit: just realized I haven't made a thread bugging them about it in the cold war forums..
okay now i have http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 61&t=18603
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
domcoppinger
Colonel

Post by domcoppinger »

Yeah it is a shame that there are not more diplomatic options in the game. Especially since other paradox games do have various diverse options. A few options I would love to see are:

> Being able to persuade nations to attack other nations
> Making a nation a colony you own
> Warning or threatening other nations, possibly as a tool to make them take action
> Being able to embargo nations (Pretty important idea I think!)

Just a few extra diplomatic features like this could really liven up the game, and provide some extra tension. Just like in the real Cold War!
Much Thanks

- [On the topic of timelines] "Time isn't made of lines, it is made of circles, that's why clocks are round!" - Unknown-

Number 46-48

Return to “Suggestions - SRCW”