Colonies

Have a feature request for SRCW? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

hoddized
Colonel

Colonies

Post by hoddized »

I'm wondering if colonies do work as I think they should for the soviet union and china. The population does no seem to be counted towards the total population of the parent nation so I am wondering, does the population of a colony add to the domestic demand of the parent nation? Does the population of a colony add to the reserve manpower of the parent nation? Same goes for taxes and social spending.

Thanks in advance,
Höddi.
CptBritish
Brigadier Gen.

Re: Colonies

Post by CptBritish »

No they are basically their own countries as far as I can tell (and have been told)

But someone has informed me that when you build in a colony you won't get anything back until they are balanced
so as the UK If I max out Libya with oil wells (I.E build them myself) and they are producing 1mil barrels per day. but the Libyan's only need 250,000 barrels a day i'll get an extra 750,000 from them.

Whether is works or not is another thing i'm i'm going to try it when I get home from work.

One thing I don't know is if building on their land uses your population or theirs... Could be something that needs clearing up.
Supporting Nuclear Power in the UK.

Just because the Japanese happened to build one near multiple fault lines doesn't make them any more dangerous than they were before the Earthquake.
hoddized
Colonel

Post by hoddized »

I noticed that constructing military buildings in a colony uses the reserves the colony has, but I have yet to see a colony build any units. While the system as I think it is now is all well and good for the "real" colonies, it is a problem for the colonies which are supposed to represent "regions" in contries (USSR and China). Without the extra manpower, domestic sales, taxes etc. the USSR is in a tough spot trying to compete with the USA. Perhaps some kind of a region system to complement the colony system would be better, regions could get their independence but otherwise would function as a part of the parent nation (taxes, domestic sales, reserves etc.).
CptBritish
Brigadier Gen.

Post by CptBritish »

Basically I think we just need all the information that colonies do...

Or is it in the PDF manual I haven't looked yet lol

and about your regions idea... I think if the colonies population does work in factories that you build it will off set the USA's population (America at the time is only 50 million people ahead) plus the Soviet Union has an amazing amount of resources availiable to it you just need to supply said areas... I mean in SR:2020 its oil production could supply the world more or less lol you just needed to develop all those siberia oil fields

Basically the Advantages of both Superpowers are:

USA potential Manpower and technological edge.

Soviet Union Massive starting forces and massive potential resource income.
Supporting Nuclear Power in the UK.

Just because the Japanese happened to build one near multiple fault lines doesn't make them any more dangerous than they were before the Earthquake.
CCCP232
Sergeant

Post by CCCP232 »

hoddized wrote:I noticed that constructing military buildings in a colony uses the reserves the colony has, but I have yet to see a colony build any units. While the system as I think it is now is all well and good for the "real" colonies, it is a problem for the colonies which are supposed to represent "regions" in contries (USSR and China). Without the extra manpower, domestic sales, taxes etc. the USSR is in a tough spot trying to compete with the USA. Perhaps some kind of a region system to complement the colony system would be better, regions could get their independence but otherwise would function as a part of the parent nation (taxes, domestic sales, reserves etc.).
Ive noticed this too. Also, in my current game as the USSR my treasury is around 1.5 billion, yet Ukraine has almost 4 billion in its treasury as does Kazakhstan, and Belarus and Uzbekistan arent far behind my own treasury, even though they actually are supposed to be part of the USSR. Nor dont seem to get any of the resources from facilities I build there. As the USSR I shouldnt have to trade for uranium or agriculture from Ukraine.. it should be under my direct control.

Not to mention constantly running short of labor since almost half of USSR population is in colonies, having them researching their own techs, not being able to control garrisons or facilities in them, and even having the Georgian SSR leaning towards the American sphere at the games start and beyond.

Now I can see Tibet and Uyghuristan being colonies of China since they were/are disputed territories and China wasnt very organized at the time having just come out of a civil war, but to have Soviet republics, which were virtually undisputed sovereign Soviet territory and most of which founded the USSR, essentially opperating independently doesnt make sense to me.

I really like the game overall so far, but this just doesnt feel right when playing the USSR. The system with colonies generally works for most of the other parts of the world, but the situation with Soviet republics really needs to be reworked in a future patch or expansion. Their supposed to be a UNION afterall :-) I like the sound of a region system.

Any developer comments?
Fistalis
General
Human: Yes

Post by Fistalis »

Just a note.. colonies can't refuse a trade. You can ask for the resources/money whatever you need and offer nothing and they will accept. Would be better if they would just give you the surplus though. (or maybe i'm biased cause it would make my president mode mod easier to play lol)
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace

Return to “Suggestions - SRCW”