Code optimized to run faster on average dual core

Have a feature request for SRCW? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

wbonx
Captain
Human: Yes

Code optimized to run faster on average dual core

Post by wbonx »

Has been done something to optimize the code to avoid having to wait too long for a day to pass?
In the last edition after some years of game it was almost not playable on a 2.4ghz dual core, 4gb of ram.

How faster will be the new game?

It would be a great solution to be ablke to play for example only europe, better then having to wait too long (I know there's much that can be done in that time, but trust me it gets tooo slow after some time).
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: Code optimized to run faster on average dual core

Post by Balthagor »

The game is already optimized for multiple cores. And we have been doing further work to increase game speed. And while we get some ppl asking for top speed we get other random posts like the recent on the Steam forum;
...Oh, so glad you can play in REALLY SLOW mode to learn... once in normal speed my head spins..so much to watch and learn.. you will be lost for days. have them bring food and water to you! lol
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
wbonx
Captain

Post by wbonx »

Balthagor wrote:The game is already optimized for multiple cores. And we have been doing further work to increase game speed. And while we get some ppl asking for top speed we get other random posts like the recent on the Steam forum;
...Oh, so glad you can play in REALLY SLOW mode to learn... once in normal speed my head spins..so much to watch and learn.. you will be lost for days. have them bring food and water to you! lol
IS it done in C++, data are stored on files?

I have a pretty good dual core, and it's almost not playable after some years of game time.

Yeah only for the first 10hours of game can be usefull to play at slow speed.... then is useless and impossible.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

The game is written in C++
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
stuguy909
Colonel

Post by stuguy909 »

Balthagor wrote:The game is written in C++
that explains why it runs on linux so well. I learned some C++ for my job in the USAF while doing C shell scripts for UNIX. I am doing this stuff in college here in japan now. so fun. any chance for a command framework to write scripts for AI or unit functions to be placed in an override directory to be released? IE: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Cate ... mands_ArmA

Return to “Suggestions - SRCW”