Regions list on Supreme Wiki

Have a feature request for SRCW? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Regions list on Supreme Wiki

Post by Balthagor »

Now a warning, I am (not surprisingly) VERY busy but have been doing multiple passes of the map for various elements. I've started posting some of our regions related design decisions but I can't promise to add to this often or quickly. But it's a start. Feel free to discuss the region decisions here.

CW Included Regions List

And if you ask "what about XXX" before I've posted about that area, don't expect an answer. I'll get to it when I get to it. As mentioned, Chris = Very Busy.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: Regions list on Supreme Wiki

Post by Balthagor »

Did a big update, more than half are listed now.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Samilou
Captain

Post by Samilou »

What about failed break-away states?

Katanga and South Kasai for example, of the 1960-1966 Congo Crisis.

Biafra?

What are the gameplay causes for treating Libya as a French colony?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

No comment yet on the "failed" regions idea.

I did a quick double check on Libya and turns out we had conflicting decisions on this. I've updated the list, it's now considered a British colony. It was administered jointly by the Brits and the French but there seems to have been more British forces there. Either way, it's limited importance since we've tagged it as desired independence in 1951. Colonial status is a reasonable representation of "administered by" for game purposes.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

Balthagor wrote:No comment yet on the "failed" regions idea.

I did a quick double check on Libya and turns out we had conflicting decisions on this. I've updated the list, it's now considered a British colony. It was administered jointly by the Brits and the French but there seems to have been more British forces there. Either way, it's limited importance since we've tagged it as desired independence in 1951. Colonial status is a reasonable representation of "administered by" for game purposes.
Could you not have it as UN administered?
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

No, the engine does not support that.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Hullu Hevonen wrote:How are you going to handle the reunification of Somaliland with Somalia in 1960? Also will Somaliland later on be able to try to breakfree from somalia like now?
The current country of Somalia is made up of the Cold War colonies of "British Somaliland" and "Italian Somaliland". French Somaliland later became Djibouti so is unrelated beyond a common name root. These regions will eventually gain independence and may unite depending on map conditions. Somalia actually achieved independence in 1960 and ten game years is a long time. It is however possible for this to occur along historical lines.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

How is the Porkkala, a military base in finland occupied by russia until 1956, going to be handeld, or is it not region specific question?
Happy Linux user!
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

I was unaware of that one, I'll have to look into it more. At present, that area is Finish controlled.

FYI, regions list is done.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

sooo.... was looking at taiwan.... the ministry of culture aint gonna like that .... :P
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
mfisher12
Lt. Colonel

Post by mfisher12 »

tkobo wrote:sooo.... was looking at taiwan.... the ministry of culture aint gonna like that .... :P
Never trust those imperalists :P

In fact, the Nationalist Chinese moved to Taiwan in 1949 and, while they still claim sovereignty over the mainland, it's been a separate state since then. So depending on the timeline of the scenario, "Independent Nation" is about right.
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

mfisher12 wrote:
tkobo wrote:sooo.... was looking at taiwan.... the ministry of culture aint gonna like that .... :P
Never trust those imperalists :P

In fact, the Nationalist Chinese moved to Taiwan in 1949 and, while they still claim sovereignty over the mainland, it's been a separate state since then. So depending on the timeline of the scenario, "Independent Nation" is about right.
Ou that reminded me! Hainan island was still in ROK hands in 1949. On 1 may 1950 PRC got authority over it when the Hainan campaign ended.
Happy Linux user!
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

details on that please, I can't find anything...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

well,china has claimed that taiwan is a "break away" region,despite the prc never having owned taiwan,and the UN considered the RoC as the legitimate government of the whole of china til the early 70's.

So for alot of the games time frame,taiwan IS china....and later taiwan becomes a non-state,and mainland china becomes china.

At no point (even remotely close to the timeline)was taiwan an independant State.Even today it doesnt meet all of the 8 commonly required and recognized requirements.Though it comes close enough for government work :P

As to how this matters....
The current mainland chinese government tends to ban games that dont go along with the party line.And calling taiwan an independent State,is NOT along said line.Gameplay reason or no....And the ministry of culture are the ones who make the decision and do the banning.

Oh, and in taiwans last UN bid for recognition, they dropped their claim over mainland china.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

http://books.google.fi/books?id=Zj5_pcu ... an&f=false (start from page 12)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landing_Op ... nan_Island
http://translate.google.com/translate?j ... ml&act=url
http://stores.drben.net/ChinaReport/Hai ... ublic.html
http://wn.com/Landing_Operation_on_Hainan_Island
http://hainanliving.com/Welcome-to-Hain ... ainan.html

Most info about the operation and details of Hainan 1950 are from reading books, but I made a buch of google searches from witch I hope you have use of.

The same that happined to Hainan might of happined to Taiwan unless the US 7th fleet would of come between the 2 sides in the taiwan straits. Though such an operation would of been harder then Hainan.
Happy Linux user!

Return to “Suggestions - SRCW”