Questions/ideas on concepts

Have a feature request for SRCW? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Hellfish6
Lt. Colonel

Questions/ideas on concepts

Post by Hellfish6 »

What kind of game is SRCW intended to be? A game where you basically try to take over the world (like SR2010/2020) or a more nuanced game with an honest attempt at recreating the tools and conditions of the cold war?

I'd like to offer some ideas:

Buying/selling units: The ability to request things. If I'm playing as Iraq and I want to buy Soviet tanks, the current system in SR2020 requires me to purchase the unit design (which is often horribly overpriced) and build them myself. What if I put an open offer, as on a world market, for types of units. Then any nation could be willing to sell some - older units would be first to be offered, but if you have good relations between two counties, you might get offered newer designs by your allies.

Kind of tied into that, what about arms embargoes? Trade embargoes? Commodity embargoes?

Border conflict: lots of border conflicts happened during the CW. All over Africa, China and Russia, most of the Central/South American countries, etc. They usually didn't lead to all-out war - how will SRCW handle that, if at all?

Internal conflict: Many, many armed forces around the world are there to protect the regime/government/itself from internal threats often moreso than external threats. Most African nations, for example, have always had military forces oriented inside rather than out. How will SRCW deal with this? And how will it tie into the political situation? How can other nations - like the US or USSR - influence internal rebel groups?

Will all wars be, basically, fights to the finish like they are in 2020?

Foreign bases. How will they be handled? Can I, as an Iraqi player, allow the USSR to build a bomber base in my territory? Or an intel facility?

Doctrine. Will it matter? Right now a hypothetical American T-55 unit is the exact same as a Zimbabwean T-55 unit. Will training/doctrine play a bigger role?

Obsolete equipment. Will it matter? Aside from just being technologically obsolete, will countries that cannot afford to maintain equipment suffer consequences?
"Nuke the site from orbit, it's the only way to be sure."
Col_Travis
Brigadier Gen.

Re: Questions/ideas on concepts

Post by Col_Travis »

I'm currious about how you will be handeling the baseing of 32 Soviet divisions in eastern Europe, not to mention all of the foreign/NATO forces in western Germany. How are you going to handel the decolinization in Africa and S.E. Asia?

Return to “Suggestions - SRCW”