How different will this be from other SR games

Have a feature request for SRCW? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

ozmono2005
Brigadier Gen.

How different will this be from other SR games

Post by ozmono2005 »

The name suggest that this game is going to be very similar to the first two supreme rulers and people appear to be talking about it as if it was very similar too. Considering what era the game is set in, I like to think alot will be overhauled especially the diplomacy. I'm just curious though how different will it actually be?

PS

While I'm talking about changing things, please have transparent economic manpower pool where you can see exactly how many of your population works and a breakdown of what specific industries/services they work in.
SoB
Brigadier Gen.

Re: How different will this be from other SR games

Post by SoB »

The work force break down is a nice idea.
You plastic soldiers i will turn you in to real soldiers

CPO Mzinyati
GIJoe597
Board Admin
Human: Yes

Post by GIJoe597 »

I must confess to being in the camp that does not hold out much hope for this being a drastically different game. Realistically, I see the limitations of the various versions of SR, concerning AI military and country/unit management etc, and do not think a cold war version can be made to do the era justice. Especially the political nuances.

I have already decided to pass on 1st go. I may pick it up when its on sale or in a bargin bin. In the event I am proved wrong, well only time will tell.
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
dust off
General

Post by dust off »

Honestly, yes, some concerns that it could end up being SR 2020 in a cold war skin. By cold war skin I mean that if the same issues like Combat AI, formations, hierarchy are the same then it could well feel the same.
SoB
Brigadier Gen.

Post by SoB »

I have hope for if you have nothing you have hope blablablabla
Even if it is a revamp of sr2020 it would still be good.
You plastic soldiers i will turn you in to real soldiers

CPO Mzinyati
czert
Captain

Post by czert »

Yes, I have same question - it will be sr 2020 only with earlier techs and minor improvments (other than superpower managment from screens).

I will love to have implement RW events - like cuban missile crissis - what happen if SU dind fall back ? will US realy start war ? will be here much more diplomatic options ?
Can you beat me ?http://czert1938.mybrute.com

Want help to develop/play mod for one of best games ever ? Try this. http://www.ja-galaxy-forum.com/board/ub ... =cfrm&c=11
ozmono2005
Brigadier Gen.

Post by ozmono2005 »

I'm bumping this as it's almost been two months and I was hoping somebody in the know might be able to shed some light on it now.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

until we release more information we're really the only ones "in the know" and we always say very little during the development.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
vorius
Lt. Colonel

Post by vorius »

Balthagor wrote:until we release more information we're really the only ones "in the know" and we always say very little during the development.
speak softly and carry a big stick?

that is interesting about work force break down - particularly if you can promote certain sectors so you dont have to micromanage closing/opening buildings everywhere to focus your manpower when unemployment is too low. Heh it's funny how playing SR games I consider high unemployment a blessing - yay I can produce more building!!!

Return to “Suggestions - SRCW”