Weapons Trade and Market

Have a feature request for SRCW? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

michael63000
Colonel
Human: Yes

Weapons Trade and Market

Post by michael63000 »

There should be an open weapons market and/or a weapons trade treaty where countries could put their surplus and/or old weapons up for sale and you could have the ability to browse the different types of units the country has and request to buy some of them (without looking at their numbers, just types) and the other country could accept or decline but you have to have very close relations and it must be made VERY hard to get units this way. Also it should be made VERY HARD to build units because in reality, to build a factory that makes let's say 100 tanks every 2 months would cost a country so much money that it will collapse. So getting units should be HARD and not easy like SR2020.

Agreed?

Also about the Market, countries can put up their surplus and/or old units up for sale where other countries can buy it freely, get's rid of old stuff and provides other countries with new stuff.

I love these and these would make the game SO MUCH better for me and others alike. The most important part is to make it EXTREMELY difficult to acquire weapons, you don't just go into a store and buy 1,000 tanks, and you don't just build 20 factories and make 10,000 tanks with a prosperous economy. It needs to be VERY HARD, I mean, look at Egypt for example, It took them 30 years to acquire 1,005 M1A2 Abrams tanks and over 2,000 M60A3 tanks, that's 30 years for all that, and before they had around 1,700 T-55 and T-62 (by 1973 war).

Who agrees with me? I ask, and I am speaking for the entire community, that this request does not get ignored. I stopped playing SR2020 because I was fed up with the easiness of getting units and starting wars.
Hundane
General

Re: Weapons Trade and Market

Post by Hundane »

The most important part is to make it EXTREMELY difficult to acquire weapons, you don't just go into a store and buy 1,000 tanks, and you don't just build 20 factories
Who agrees with me?
I agree with you but I dont think that feature would sell many games. Too many people already complain about how slow the game plays, add in longer build times for units and/or facilities and it would overchallenge most peoples short attention span.

I like the unit trading system they have for SR2020 but I hope they change it all up for Cold War.
michael63000
Colonel

Post by michael63000 »

The Unit trading in SR2020, no offense, but it wasn't good at all, there should be a market of surplus units that countries can sell to other countries, and there should be a way to buy units from other countries, units of your choice, but it would be hard.

Also to fix the slow game they could give the game more speed options for people who want a fast paced game.
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

I would point out if the game is truly about the cold war and not a rehash of 2010/2020 it should be intended to be played over a 60 year period. If people just want to attack attack attack, stick with 2020.
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
michael63000
Colonel

Post by michael63000 »

GIJoe597 wrote:I would point out if the game is truly about the cold war and not a rehash of 2010/2020 it should be intended to be played over a 60 year period. If people just want to attack attack attack, stick with 2020.
I agree which means slow would be better since it is realistically accurate.
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

Actually it would depend on the region.US,germany and russia turned out much more than a mere 600 tanks a year.

Germany in 1942 produced something like
*panzer II -850
*panzer III -3,400
*panzer IV -950

They produced even more tanks in 1943 and 44.And we are talking the game starting not that long after that point.

Now Commander and Chief (pc game) tried to use a scheme in which only certain countries could produce military equipment,and all the other countries in the world had to buy them.It didnt accomplish much of anything gamewise,and often made no sense at all.

It would make much more sense IF low end regions started out unable to produce,but then under the players guidance were able to establish their own production,should they choose too.The amount of which decided by the policy course of the region in question.

The market idea is a good one though, and has been suggested many times for the sr series.Hopefully we'll get it this time.Hopefully it will include an "order" system as well as used,so a region can place orders with other regions for new equipment made for them,from other regions .

An arms market should factor in big in the cold war.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
SoB
Brigadier Gen.

Post by SoB »

Don't forget about arms embagos. Arms embagos should prevent acces to the arms market and automated millgoods trade. This should not stop nations from buying mill goods/hardware through other means
You plastic soldiers i will turn you in to real soldiers

CPO Mzinyati
michael63000
Colonel

Post by michael63000 »

I agree to both of your comments, embargos should be in the game aswell.
Justice
Lieutenant

Post by Justice »

Can't have embargos without a black market...
~Justice

"All men die, few men truly live."
michael63000
Colonel

Post by michael63000 »

Not that hard to make, just add another one of those "trade windows" and call it Weapons Market, and have a Global Tab where you could view surplus units being sold, and even have a Black tab where it is the black market.
Communazi
Warrant Officer

Post by Communazi »

This is one of my gripes with SR2020

I'd like some way to automatically purge units of a certain age/tech level from my army completely. (either put on the market, decomission or give to an ally)
NitrousOxide
Sergeant

Post by NitrousOxide »

Playing as Kuwait the other day i thought of something similar to this. It's really unrealistic to think a country like Kuwait and some of the smaller countries like the islands for example can have an extensive aircraft/military industry. But with its good relations with the US there is nothing that stops it from ordering american aircraft. Kuwait could place an order for two F-18 squadrons for example for production cost plus a margin. If accepted these would go into the US production queue and when completed delivered directly to the ordering countries capital with a message reminding aircraft have been delivered. Is something like this possible ? It would give some countries the possibilities of having new weapons without buying all that expensive tech and infrastructure plus other countries with spare capacity the possibility of making some extra greens. Of course countries would have to have good relations for such a transaction.
michael63000
Colonel

Post by michael63000 »

I have to bump this back up because I'm reading many peoples ideas and 100% of them want some way to buy weapons from other countries, most people don't care how it's done but we need a way to get units without producing them and without waiting for offers, ordering units from other countries is the only option left, if this feature isn't on the Cold War game It will completely turn me off from buying it and I'm thinking other people too, since it's a MUST have feature for any strategy game.
michael63000
Colonel

Post by michael63000 »

Okay, there is no confirmation of this feature, and that makes me worried, not one BG response to, what does this mean? No market feature?

The least you can do BG, yes I'm directing my speech towards you now, is make the "(Unkown)" in the weapons tab in diplomacy to the units they have and remove the numbers, so that you can order some units from them, or if they have the design, they can build it for you. There should be an option to buy from their surplus or build.

BG, please response.
SoB
Brigadier Gen.

Post by SoB »

If BG does not have unit trade they would be tacking a step backe wards and BG wont do that:@:@.
You plastic soldiers i will turn you in to real soldiers

CPO Mzinyati

Return to “Suggestions - SRCW”