U-2

Have a feature request for SRCW? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

U-2

Post by Ruges »

How will actions such as the US flying U-2 spy planes over Russia during this period be represented in the game?
dust off
General

Re: U-2

Post by dust off »

Using the relations meter could be good- with 'advisors' in proxy wars, intense incursions, and puting troops in places like cuba pushing the meter towards a hot war.

But clearly the declare war on incursion would need working on.
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

Its been a real long time since ive seen the message,so long im not even sure at this time which version it was in, but you used to be able to turn off war on incursion (for the player),and you'd get this message saying there was an incursion,asking you what you wanted to do about it.The two options IF i remember correctly were war and nothing.

So at least the frame work is there to build a deeper reaction system for this kind of occurrence.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
dust off
General

Post by dust off »

Yeah, I remember that. I always though that the idea was for the use of special forces to do demolitions or recon. But the AI never used it and alway declared war.
Eldin
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Eldin »

Seeing as how they have made a shiny new mesh for the U2 I suspect they will not neglect this part of the Cold War! ;-)
Justice
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

Post by Justice »

I wonder if "Military Advisor" will be a new unit. Perhaps even a new kind of unit that attaches to indigenous units, raising their efficiency. Or, like in SR2020, when you get the UN message about advisors, that in CW, individual nations can provide advisors which raise efficiency based on tech difference or some other factor.
~Justice

"All men die, few men truly live."
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

That would make a nice touch,especially if not only the UN could own and deploy them.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
Justice
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

Post by Justice »

tkobo wrote:That would make a nice touch,especially if not only the UN could own and deploy them.

Exactly!
~Justice

"All men die, few men truly live."

Return to “Suggestions - SRCW”