Time

Have a feature request for SRCW? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

RHKINC
Sergeant
Human: Yes

Time

Post by RHKINC »

Since the game is planned to cover ~50 years effectively, is the daily hour clock going to be gone? I know the speed will be inherently faster (as with any game engine upgrade) but will it be enough to make the game last longer than the 5 year slow down we saw in 2020?

As a related question, will the unit "area checks" be revamped to improve efficiency?
Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Re: Time

Post by Ruges »

Heh I was thinking about time too the other day. But I am a bit suprized you want a faster time. What do you want like 5 secound days? How would you play that? We are talking about the cold war here where 5 or 10 minutes could have made a huge difference. Where WW3 could have been started and finished in 30 minutes. So if you speed the speed up, it would take less then a secound for the game to end.

I was on the other hand hand wondering how they where going to slow the game down. If the overall speed was going to be slower or, lets say if a country went into defcon 1 mode, the speed would slow down to real time. Becouse its going to need a slower speed to simulate the steping up and lowering of tensions. Just the act of luanching your stratigec bombers is going to have relation issues. And could even lead the WW3 if tension is high enough. And all this stuff happens in minutes and hours. and days. If its 5 secounds a day, Thats 30 secounds for a game week. The situation could have come and gone in that period of time.

If you really want this superfast nuke game. I sugest you play Defcon. It only takes minutes to play. Steam even has a demo for it, if you want to check it out.
Eldin
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Eldin »

I think RHKINC raises a valid point. The truth of the matter is that SR2020 has gotten a lot of criticism for being a "slow" game and I would guess that it would be good for sales if that was not the issue with this game.
I would like to have the ability to speed up the game dramatically so that I can actually enjoy all of the 50ish gameyears we will most likely recieve without playing until I retire. ;-) and then to slow it down to experience the dramatic minutes and hours where war could be declared any minute.
However I got the impression from the announcement that they had plans on how to best handle this and I must say I am excited to see how it will turn out! :-)
smitt2
Corporal

Post by smitt2 »

The time clock is fine is in SR2020 leave it the same for Cold War or just make it more adjustable
BlackEagle
Captain

Post by BlackEagle »

Maybe a faster level of velocity to choose.

And it would be great to choose the decade that we want to play, if we didn't like to play in the 50's, or 60's we could choose to play in other decades... i think that it would be cool.
tommo8993
Captain

Post by tommo8993 »

I agree it should be faster, 2020 it takes ages for a year to pass. However the other side of the argument is that because the game is real-time having a 10 second day is unplayable. If 2020 ran faster it would be perfect, but i dont know how BG will tackle it but i hope they work out a system.
Ragu
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Ragu »

I believe that the slow down in sr2020 was due to a change in the how the AI used it's units. That was added in an update. Now the devs have a chance to properly streamline the code and such. So I would expect the engine to run way smoother than before.

Return to “Suggestions - SRCW”