Let's Talk Vietnam

Have a feature request for SRCW? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

dust off
General

Let's Talk Vietnam

Post by dust off »

Geopolitica with tactical control of troops during the Vietnam conflict- fantastic, a gaming dream true.

In this theatre I look forward to batalion control.
But really curious about some game elemets:
Asymetrical warfare: what kind of improvements are needed to pull it off to symulate the attrition from the VC?
Strategic redeployment- please add some abstract way to redeploy troops and air units to distant theatres.
Justice
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

Re: Let's Talk Vietnam

Post by Justice »

dust off wrote:Geopolitica with tactical control of troops during the Vietnam conflict- fantastic, a gaming dream true.

Asymetrical warfare: what kind of improvements are needed to pull it off to symulate the attrition from the VC?
Strategic redeployment- please add some abstract way to redeploy troops and air units to distant theatres.
Once again, I concur with this. But how about SR2020 on a theater-level with choices of what theater, rather than just Vietnam? That conflict being among a wide variety of choices could provide unlimited hours of play and replay value. Also, Brigade and Batallion-sized elements are well suited to this. Witness what is typically deployed to Iraq/Afghanistan these days. A theater command element with a selection of brigades and support packages.

~Justice

"All men die, few men truly live."
~Justice

dust off
General

Post by dust off »

Justice wrote:
dust off wrote:Geopolitica with tactical control of troops during the Vietnam conflict- fantastic, a gaming dream true.

Once again, I concur with this. But how about SR2020 on a theater-level with choices of what theater, rather than just Vietnam? That conflict being among a wide variety of choices could provide unlimited hours of play and replay value. Also, Brigade and Batallion-sized elements are well suited to this. Witness what is typically deployed to Iraq/Afghanistan these days. A theater command element with a selection of brigades and support packages.

~Justice

Yeah, the best outcome would be that they can nail down some kind of heriarchy for at least brigade combat teams.
RHKINC
Sergeant
Human: Yes

Post by RHKINC »

I smell scenario-centric expansion pack...

Return to “Suggestions - SRCW”