US or Soviet?

Have a feature request for SRCW? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Justice
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

Re: US or Soviet?

Post by Justice »

I must say I like many of the ideas expressed above.

Expenditures and action sets based on idealogy coupled with the ability to 'research' new and interesting ways to fleece your populace...sounds *very* realistic to me.

I'd suggest that we'll really need a way to influence (via spending and propaganda) the internal workings of other state actors. Something like a stability score for each state that our actions can help to stabilize or destabilize, the consequences of which can be regime change or even complete collapse. Naturally we'd be subject to the AI doing the same to us, and therefore we'll need to defend against such outside influences.
~Justice

"All men die, few men truly live."
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

Movement from one system to another should be quite possible,but have to be done with care and patience to avoid political and economic chaos.Of course if the player simple isnt worried about the negs,he should be able to rush into changes and try to deal with the results as they come.

And degrees is VERY important.There should be a sliding scale like setup for possible actions, and as it moves one way or another,the selection of available actions should change along with the position on the scale.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
Hundane
General

Post by Hundane »

Movement from one system to another should be quite possible,but have to be done with care and patience to avoid political and economic chaos.Of course if the player simple isnt worried about the negs,he should be able to rush into changes and try to deal with the results as they come.
This might be wishful thinking but I forsee the increase use of and importance of Garrisons for SRCW. The players and AI may have to increase garrisons in some areas to maintain control or may have to decrease garrisons to keep the population happy. Depending how dynamic the loyality system is, this could be mean a player would have to keep some areas of the region heavily garrisoned while some areas would only need a few.

Things could get really hairy for some regions trying to build up military facilities and units and at the same time trying to keep internal control.
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

Definately.Armed forces (military) used as "police" to "keep order" should a be prime characteristic of some political systems in the game.
Chuckle TM
Demonius
Lieutenant
Location: United States, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe

Post by Demonius »

ill probably play as the Soviets first then the US
Nikola Serb
Captain

Post by Nikola Serb »

Mother Russia....and Yugoslavia.
Dropped by invaders, BOMB RAID IN VAIN!
tommo8993
Captain

Post by tommo8993 »

I'd love to play a 1970's Britain, when we had a quarterly decent navy and armed forces.
michael63000
Colonel

Post by michael63000 »

Egypt, and I will fulfill the dreams of Sadat and Nasser, I will invade and destroy Israel. :)
Col_Travis
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Col_Travis »

Balthagor wrote:
Hundane wrote:...If the AI had goals to achieve or to win the game, the actions it took to achieve those goals and win might become obvious.
And in a cold war era game, what would a "win" be or the UK?
For the UK it could be reversing the wedge driven between her and her Dominions by the US after WWII as she did durring the Indo-Pakistani Wars. For Portugal it could be defeating the US-Soviet backed rebel forces in her African Colonies. And Germany it could be complete Unification of all 5-Occupation/Administration Zones and a leading member of the non-aligned movement.
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

Is the plan to only have two choices of play in the campaign ? USSR or US ?

And any region in sandbox mode ?
Chuckle TM
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

tkobo wrote:Is the plan to only have two choices of play in the campaign ? USSR or US ?

And any region in sandbox mode ?
Something like that. We're still working on the details...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Col_Travis
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Col_Travis »

What do you do when your Super Power ally is deliberatly undermining you as the US did to France, the UK and more importantly Portugal?
Darkrajin
Warrant Officer

Post by Darkrajin »

Personally, I plan to be the Soviet Union and attempt to bring Australia over to my influence....(yes I am an Aussie) lol and if that fails, a naval invasion will insure.
Col_Travis
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Col_Travis »

Darkrajin wrote:Personally, I plan to be the Soviet Union and attempt to bring Australia over to my influence....(yes I am an Aussie) lol and if that fails, a naval invasion will insure.
May God and Queen have mercy on your Immortal Soul as My CANZUK co-allition stops you in your tracks!
Darkrajin
Warrant Officer

Post by Darkrajin »

yeah yeah just try and stop me....interfere with my plans, and your will go down in nuclear fire.

Return to “Suggestions - SRCW”