US or Soviet?

Have a feature request for SRCW? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

bommel
Sergeant
Human: Yes

Re: US or Soviet?

Post by bommel »

Both, many times. US first though.
SrRulz
Sergeant

Post by SrRulz »

Soviet of course :D
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Balthagor wrote:
Hundane wrote:...If the AI had goals to achieve or to win the game, the actions it took to achieve those goals and win might become obvious.
And in a cold war era game, what would a "win" be or the UK?
Survival of it as a sovereign nation into the modern age. The goal of all countries during the cold war..and MAD. Some countries of course felt the best way to achieve that was to contain their enemy and increase their influence. While others simply tried to stay away from choosing sides.

Maybe a survive until X date victory option? Couldn't see it being in the main campaign but would be a nice option for sandbox. The will to survive really seemed the weakest point of the AI in 2020. They wouldn't even launch nukes as a last resort..
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
way2co0l
Brigadier Gen.

Post by way2co0l »

Well I intend to play some multiplayer with a brother that also enjoys these types of games so I'm sure we'll both end up playing each of them a few times as well as several of the other regional powers through the sandbox mode.
Maio
Corporal

Post by Maio »

US of A .

Apple pie and rock n roll all the way :P .

Romania in sandbox mode . I want to park some B 52's over at Kogalniceanu Airbase :D .
Just relax ...
PR is my thing
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

this question has probably allready been posted, but what happines if USA falls, If USSR falls, it becoumes it's direct subregions. Is it the same with USA, it would become into 50+ states? Also could you still countinue playing.
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
stuguy909
Colonel

Post by stuguy909 »

Canada
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

Too late to be of any use, but I read a post earlier in this thread wondering how to best define the different government types.

The first thing that came to mind was a plus and minus system, for example if, you are a Democracy you have a bonus to income but a negative to weapons production. If you are Communist, the exact opposite. Or something similar.

The basic thought process is, communists/dictators rule with an iron fist and can control the will of the population.

A democracy has to work within/around the will of the population.

This is very simplified as I have typed of course, but I hope you get the gist. Not saying it would be that cut and dried but it was the thought that occurred to me.
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
duh
Corporal

Post by duh »

USA

AI plays very well in Eurasia/Africa, but played poorly in America.
SR2020 also does not work well landing troops and economic budget. Need help AI. :-?
Sorry for my bad English.
CptBritish
Brigadier Gen.

Post by CptBritish »

First campaign game will be Soviets first... Wanna take advantage of all that mineral wealth! and start an early way while I have the ground tech advantage and the numbers. Will probably take the middle east first... that will seriously starve the west of fuel :) then onto Central and Western Europe and hope that the Americans haven't deployed many nukes to Europe yet lol

But my first game when I install will be the Brits :) and try to take advantage of their decent Anti-tank guns and Jet fighters and if its possible hold onto the Empire as much as possible (If its actually possible ofc if not just take back the oil producing nations) then put as many forces as possible on the Eastern front and hold back the tide I'd no doubt unleash with all this power mongering...

Also I wouldn't mind giving Rhodesia a go and making it into a major African power...
Supporting Nuclear Power in the UK.

Just because the Japanese happened to build one near multiple fault lines doesn't make them any more dangerous than they were before the Earthquake.
stephen
Lt. Colonel

Post by stephen »

First I play the Soviets and then the US in campaign.
In sandbox i'm gonna play West Germany. . .rebuild germany and fight the soviets again :-)
"There are no desperate situations, there are only desperate people"

~Heinz Guderian~
CptBritish
Brigadier Gen.

Post by CptBritish »

stephen wrote:First I play the Soviets and then the US in campaign.
In sandbox i'm gonna play West Germany. . .rebuild germany and fight the soviets again :-)
Thinking about it...

Isn't a West Germany player gimped in SR:CW?

Just say it all kicks of in your game, you beat back the wave of Soviet Troops and move into Eastern Germany liberate all your countrymen... You then left with a Tiny patch of British, American and French land surrounding one half of your capital city... Bit sh*te considering your then denied that tax wealth etc...

or is the Allied occupation of Berlin been handled differently and i've missed the memo?

Just because the Japanese happened to build one near multiple fault lines doesn't make them any more dangerous than they were before the Earthquake.
LebaneseLion
Major

Post by LebaneseLion »

Lebanon of course, 1948 Israeli Independence war, 1958 US Marines intervention, love to enjoy the 1967 Yom Kippur war, Palestinian refugees, event leading up to 75, then civil war, Israeli invasion 82, marines attacked 83.

Hopefully I can alter the events and let Beirut be the "Paris of the Middle East" and Lebanon the "Switzerland of the Middle East". I will make this happen and I will change history forever so that people will never have to hear about Dubai or UAE hahahahaha :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: [_]O [_]O

8)
Challenger
Corporal

Post by Challenger »

CptBritish wrote: You then left with a Tiny patch of British, American and French land surrounding one half of your capital city... Bit sh*te considering your then denied that tax wealth etc...
I think that this west germany vs soviet union war would evolve into a NATO vs Warsaw Pact war and therefore the brits, french and americans would lose their parts of berlin, since it's quite hard to hold it since it's so deep in DDR's territory.
So West Germany would be able to conquer Berlin back.
Though that's only valid as long there isnt a global setting for the capture mechanic.
CptBritish
Brigadier Gen.

Post by CptBritish »

Maybe the territory won't be "Loyal" to the Brits, French and Americans so if another ally captures it back it won't go back into their hands...

Also wasn't there alot of allied equipment in Berlin? I mean they were there to get a portion of the spoils and not let the Ruskies get all of Berlin... I'm not saying they'd beable to hold off the Warsaw pact for a prolonged period of time but if a West Germany player makes a spearhead attack while bringing up units to hold his flanks it might be possible to save the Allied soldiers in Berlin while they make a "last stand" in Berlin... Ofc this would all depend on the Strength and speed of the West German forces.

I think its going to be one of those things that we just need to wait while release to find out...

Return to “Suggestions - SRCW”