Developer Stigma: Source Code

Have a feature request for SRCW? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Rosalis
Colonel
Human: Yes

Re: Developer Stigma: Source Code

Post by Rosalis »

Recently we tried the same in one of the economy topics. Just build expensive buildings and you are pretty much good to go, but it doesnt feel right. Same as scrapping all industries of countries you take over because the demand isnt there. Basicly you can fill that gap with low producing expensive buildings or units that cost alot. But yeah if your talking numbers you like to see logic math and a competitor, which isnt there (altho the ai scrap rubber facilities in favor of synthetic).
I can see why they did it, and with the excuse of huge over production in the world at that time, wasnt that strange, but now we are clearly in a different situation and countries really gonna depend on there supply routes and domestic demand, which like you say doesnt really grow that much if you keep the same markup, despite your population and gdp/c growing one way or another.

btw i havent taken the time yet or priority to disable ground attack on interceptors, there are just so many things i like to see reflected bether. I like the way it works in evildari's mod. The hard thing will be to let the ai also produce these missiles and sell them to countries with good interceptors. Thats like my dream, that Netherlands with a descent air force (and missile production) help there allies in the middle east. These theatre restrictions really messes with things. Allies and regions also needs to defend there import and export supply routes abroad. What i learned so far its best to play on aggressive stance, so there are as little theatre restrictions as possible, but unpredictable is also descent.

About the rubber and water, dont get me started. I think BG is well aware alot of people from sr2020 basicly abanded the game because of it. Altho they still claim it didnt impact gameplay that much. Water atleast in later games was extremely important. Same as agriculture, now Russia produce enough to annex all of Europe without problems and scrap all agriculture facilities. Sure it can be modded out, and im working on it for years. Still trying to keep things realistic for all countries.
ImperiorIL
Warrant Officer

Post by ImperiorIL »

Rosalis wrote: Jul 16 2021 I can see why they did it, and with the excuse of huge over production in the world at that time, wasnt that strange, but now we are clearly in a different situation and countries really gonna depend on there supply routes and domestic demand, which like you say doesnt really grow that much if you keep the same markup, despite your population and gdp/c growing one way or another.
On the note of gdp/c, many people may have not realized, but different from SR2020, in SRU your demand for resources is dictated exclusively by the ratio of your gdp/c with the world average.
That is to say, no matter how terribly chaotic and impoverished or peaceful and prosperous, the world will still consume the exact same amount of resources if taxes and markups are the same.

Which means that you can never enrich the world, you can only ever "transfer wealth" by enriching yourself in relation to others. Up to the demand cap, which is probably somewhere around 2-3x the world avg.
Rosalis
Colonel

Post by Rosalis »

Yes, which is kinda of an issue because population and quality of products should definetely mather. They are the ones buying or not. I think military goods can increase prices, but yeah demand doesnt suffer.

Thanks for explaining in good English btw :)

Im curious, you guys also tested whats like best way to keep wealth in the world? Like start from the top with Kuwait, Norway, UAE, or get rid of the low gdp/c with big population regions? Just for testing ofcourse. Usually i have problems with big population and low gdp/c, so i always hunt down the richer regions, and colonise the poor, but for testing i wanna do something like this. Like if you take over the world with Kuwait everyone should be better off, just like if Vietnam conquer the world, facilities will hardly produce anything? Thats kinda mine experience with this economy setup. Thats why i colonised France as China, i was way better off to let the resource prices stay higher then annex rich population of France. After that i colonised US and my own gdp/c reached 20k for the first time as China.

Return to “Suggestions - SRCW”