Turkish Civil War?

Discussion on Supreme Ruler 2010 Scenarios

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

The Khan
General

Turkish Civil War?

Post by The Khan »

If I want to program a Scenario, what would I need?

There is a possible scenario that might include a split up Turkey, if anyone's interested in helping me.

Possible Sides:

North Western Turkey, including the Entire Black Sea region, Marmara Region, and Aegean Region, with very good industry and considerable force, consisting of a secular democracy and a healthy chunk of Military. needs electricity badly, has good timber&coal and minimal oil reserves, some ore, just enough to sustain barely.(Recommended for Easy setting and the real outcome for World War 3 Campaign since Capital City is Istanbul and all that)

Ankara Region, consisting a Monarchy or Dictatorship, and possessing middle, east and Southern Anatolia, terrain provides far more food than needed, no agri buildings needed, has considerable ore, some timber and coal, and some access petroleum, will later need electricity when expanding but has some coal power plants to sustain for now

And a seperated Kurdistan, under Dictatorship or Communism, low armed but numerous and entrenched in Southeast, white both regions have 100% Causus Belli on it and HATEHATEHATE it. Has control of numerous hydro-dams and a shitload of oil, has somehat sustaining food, some ore, almost no timber and place to build a lot of hydrodams as well. Supported by Iraqi Kurds, it possesses cheap, but numerous militia and many entrenched positions in Mountain Passes, no airforce, no heavy tanks

It is very controversial, but may be worth it.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

first things you'll need are the mapeditor (if you've got the latest update, you have it) and the Player Variables files for the map (here)

Then check out the modding page on the wiki

Try for your first mod just changing the starting treasury of Turkey. Then try making a new region in the spreadsheet called Turkey2. Then try repainting territory to the ownership of Turkey2.

You may also want to look at some areas of the mapeditor documentation (also included in the updates).
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
The Khan
General

Post by The Khan »

Thanks. IF I get it done, can I send it to you? It might be a nice twist.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

certainly, if you get it to a relatively playable status we'll host it on the Wiki for you then everyone can try it out.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
The Khan
General

Post by The Khan »

Wish me luck, I started on it and it is damn tricky...

Can anyone help me explain an easier way? Like just editing the usual Mideast map with Turkey only. Usual Mideast Map, with only factions inside Turkey, and some part of Iraqi Kurdistan as well.
Spider_hip
Corporal

Post by Spider_hip »

Hey Khan, as I know , you re the same guy who also post at civfanatics, so it means you're Turk as I know..

So, why do you want to make that kind a fantastic thing about your country ?
---------
Well sorry, I just saw your awatar.. So We're at the same side.. I also followed you at other stratagy game forum for years.. So as I know you know what to do welll.. Go on buddy.
The Khan
General

Post by The Khan »

Spider_hip wrote: So, why do you want to make that kind a fantastic thing about your country ?
---------
First, sorry to inform that I do not have an account in Civfanatics, but I am Turk well enough.

Anyways. The situation is sadly not fantastical anymore. A great deal of Islamic fundamentalism was risen here, going as far as murdering indigenous and non-indigenous Christian ministers(a turkish pastor and a german one and a few turkish Christians are beheaded by a few bastards with means supplied to them by a yet-to-be-revelaed ring and small brains), and taping the event, much like the filth that think they can stop a superpower (no matter good or evil) by beheading defenceless people.

The secular part of Turkey literally is crying out for anyone to deliver them from people that murder girls because they didn't turn out to be a virgin (which is medically useless after adolescence is over anyway) or believe they must turn a plane towards mecca and pray during prayer time (it's called a compass,you moron) or harass a girl with bikini in a beach.

Such are people that think their babble of a Bronze Age Semitical Death and Blood Sacrifice cult is moral yet preached death of non-believers.

Worse, these people are right now occupying powerful positions in the country, mostly by the inactivity and apathy of ossified secular officials, and rising religious fundamentalism due to poverty. They even have sympathizers in the army, though fortunately the army expels those that are found evidently following a sheikh or being a part of fundie Muslim fraternities. However, they have infested the last secular institution as well, the Army, but are kept in check by the international opinion of fundamentalist Jihadis being blown to smithereens so they are silent.

What would happen if the situation of 2010 would happen? One of their politicians claimed that Sharia would happen either without blood, or with blood. (Necmettin Erbakan) They have the country in their claws, and will stop at nothing to achieve this.

There are always fictitious bombings in scenarios of 2010, like Chinese\American and Indian presidents. Same could be implemented to our side. A massive suicide bombing on Ataturk's mausoleum or any other landmark would create a nationwide outrage and protests, meantime, the increasingly powerful (in real life) Kurdish officials of Iraq could break apart once Nato, UN and all the international thingies got dissolved.

The result would be an invasion across the border while Secular and (Jihad-loving-dipshit-fundie) Fundie sides got locked in a string of assassinations and investigations moments before they break apart and engage each other.

It would be horrible, and imagining this alone and admitting it would earn me a prison stint in Turkey, but well... It's a scenario. FICTION.

Also, Spider_hip, where are you from?
Feltan
General

Post by Feltan »

I think an interesting scenario in that part of the world would be a resurgance of the Ottoman Empire. Prior to 1922, most all of what is called the "Middle East" was nominally under the control of the Ottomans. The Young Turks got in over their heads during WWI, and the Brits and French and Russians carved up the empire after the War -- but that need not be the final word. I think it is plausible that a charasmatic leader could re-assert claims, and start patching the empire back to its former glory.

Of course, no one secular can generate that type of fire -- you'd need a modern day Jannisary, a Mustafa Kemel, to fire people up.

Possible, and interesting to contemplate.

Regards,
Feltan
ETA Five Minutes ......
Spider_hip
Corporal

Post by Spider_hip »

Yep you maybe right about this situations. But Isn't it kinda bad advertisement of our country..

For example, there is sex scandal in greece. Everyone talk about this info, It's very shame for greece.(But they don't say let's make a senario about this-also as you can see they talk presumptuously about senario wishes as you saw in other topic). In usa, in every five minutes one girl desecration bye around.And It's the country which also has most serial killers in the world..

I mean , in fact, in every country there is hapining bad things, shamy things,but in Turkey, As I saw, It started low down psychology to us, and also being fan of outside.. Like the other countries are all very advanced.. But It's wrong.. In fact we are more advanced than most people know.. About military, about technology. And most importantly at underground sources..

I mean there is already going on outside propaganda if you accept or not.

And our media is one of big heads who leads the flag on this.. We never learn about abroad news.. Yeah we saw sometimes and that would be Usa holywood stars, japon's new technologies, abroad contries advencements..

So this is reverse psychology for us.. For example , we are so close to be worlds first three most advenced fastest internet connection. Turkcell has worked for few years with our underground cables. And in some sites that service is nearly opened. (100mbit) Also now we have 4mbit for 60$.. I know that's a bit expensive but except for many contries..

Did you know that in Iran they pay thousand dollars for 0,5 mbit per month.

I'm trying to say, we can not grow up fluently If we go on to see and talk about our every problems.. Yes Normally It's good for personal, but not for country.. psychology is important. And we still think that if we stuck on our ongoing problems and solve them , we could be advanced. Nope sorry, but It's wrong. If we see our already existing advancements and try to improve them, other existing problems could be solved automatically..

There is Turkish saying;

Yarayi kasirsan kanar.

Whatever, I hope you understand me as I understood you.

I love this game.. I'm looking foward for 2020 impatiently

oo , by the way as you can also understand with my sentences, I'm Turk also.

I have no offence to other countries. I have offence to whom has offence to another country , It would be Turkey or else..
Feltan
General

Post by Feltan »

Spider_hip wrote:
And our media is one of big heads....
Our media has big heads too, but unfortunately no brains inside them.

Regards,
Feltan
ETA Five Minutes ......
The Khan
General

Post by The Khan »

Feltan wrote:I think an interesting scenario in that part of the world would be a resurgance of the Ottoman Empire. Prior to 1922, most all of what is called the "Middle East" was nominally under the control of the Ottomans. The Young Turks got in over their heads during WWI, and the Brits and French and Russians carved up the empire after the War -- but that need not be the final word. I think it is plausible that a charasmatic leader could re-assert claims, and start patching the empire back to its former glory.

Of course, no one secular can generate that type of fire -- you'd need a modern day Jannisary, a Mustafa Kemel, to fire people up.

Possible, and interesting to contemplate.

Regards,
Feltan
Certain people that got to power amongst Young Turks were dumb. Many Turks hate me for that but just being secular doesn't make you right. They picked the wrong side.[/rant]

Whatever. I think Mid-East Scenario is already a similar one imo, save for Iran which we made peace centuries ago.

Though a scenario solely based on getting Balkans and Mid-East back on Turkish command may be an interesting scenario.
Last edited by The Khan on Jan 15 2008, edited 1 time in total.
Feltan
General

Post by Feltan »

The Khan wrote:
Certain people that got to power amongst Young Turks were dumb...
Enver Pasha.

Regards,
Feltan
ETA Five Minutes ......
The Khan
General

Post by The Khan »

Feltan wrote:
The Khan wrote:
Certain people that got to power amongst Young Turks were dumb...
Enver Pasha.

Regards,
Feltan
Ok you got me. Dumber than a chock-full of rocks.

HE alone gave the order to expel every Armenian out of the East in the midst of winter with very little supplies. He got influenced by German culture and probably, I am sure as hell he didn't know s**t about the Entente, and sided with Germans in an impossible possibility of victory.

Because of him, we have an Armenian issue and every last bit of blood drained out of the Empire.
Feltan
General

Post by Feltan »

Plus Enver lead an attack into Russia early in war. Don't remember the numbers exactly. I think it was the Turkish 3rd Army. No logistical support at all; marching in the dead of winter. Something like 80+% attrition before they saw their first Russian.

Enver should have listened to tkobo and just built B-52's! :lol:

Regards,
Feltan

P.S. Early on, everyone thought the Germans were going to win. However, you are correct, the Young Turks sided with the wrong side even though they had offers from the Allies. How history would have been different!
ETA Five Minutes ......
The Khan
General

Post by The Khan »

Feltan wrote:Plus Enver lead an attack into Russia early in war. Don't remember the numbers exactly. I think it was the Turkish 3rd Army. No logistical support at all; marching in the dead of winter. Something like 80+% attrition before they saw their first Russian.

Enver should have listened to tkobo and just built B-52's! :lol:
Sad, sad memories. That ill-fated place, Sarıkamış, is well remembered even today, and mourned. And a horrific blunder. Some fundies say he was a masonic-illuminati-whatever to weaken the muslim soldiers and whittle them.
Feltan wrote: P.S. Early on, everyone thought the Germans were going to win. However, you are correct, the Young Turks sided with the wrong side even though they had offers from the Allies. How history would have been different!
Who where these "everyone"? I don't remember a significant german colonisation outside of Germany. Also, the U.S favored the Entente!

Return to “Scenarios”