Current Scenario Development

Discussion on Supreme Ruler 2010 Scenarios

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

Just an FYI... The current scenarios we have in development at this very moment are:

- California
- Australia
- Indonesia
- Guatamala
- Canada
- Middle East (not that anything ever happens in that part of the world).

-- George.
Empier4552
General

Post by Empier4552 »

Maybe its just because im from that part of the region but can we please please have something for South Asia (India/Kashmir/Pakistan)

As for the middle east- hehe...I bet the press will have something to say about it when the game is released!
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

can we please please have something for South Asia (India/Kashmir/Pakistan)
I dunno, it's such a peaceful and uneventful part of the world, I can't imagine any realistic conflict scenario involving India and Pakistan :smile:

But yes, I'm sure Chris will be taking special care when making the South Asia scenarios, I'm sure they will be one of the more popular in the game.

-- George.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

I am in fact currently doing research on the India/Pakistan conflict. As George said, we've recognized the interest there will be in this scenario and are determined to provide a compeling scenario.

Currently reading "War at the top of the World" by Eric S. Margolis.(1999). Very interesting to read his Afganistan comments since they where written before 9-11. Gives great details on all the conflicts that have affected the India/Pakistan situation.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Empier4552
General

Post by Empier4552 »

In such a conflict scenario it'd also be interseting to see China, and Britains part. China because its ownership of some Kashmir land and Britain because of their weapon deals with India yet hope for peace.
Juergen
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Juergen »

What about europe?

If the USA splits up into different states fighting each other why should the EU last?
The number of possible scenarios is also pretty high and there is also a lot of military and industrial hardware around.
And the North Sea would make a fine naval battlefield.And besides there is still Russia...
BattleGoat
General

Post by BattleGoat »

Don't worry about Europe... We have plenty of action planned there as well. Keep in mind that we plan on shipping SR2010 with a scenario based on anywhere in the world! (With one notable exception --- we might leave Afghanistan out...)
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

David missed one other comment. As of our last discussion, we had left the Swiss as neutral. It would be possible to play a Scenario against or as the Swiss, but they didn't fit into the Campaign story line we where looking for.

Also, on the splintering of the US and Europe, because of the total population and vastness of the US (and North America in general) we have been able to sub divide the US much farther than most European countries. In our scenario for California, you start as one quarter of a state. The following battle you would be that independent state of California. In most of the European maps, you begin as one of the European countries fully intact. It would be very difficult to do large-scale warfare between 2 or more Hungarian or Austrian sub-regions…

Are there any European countries that anyone feels needs/would like a sub-conflict? We do have Italy (split North/South at Rome) and the United Kingdom for example.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Juergen
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Juergen »

What about bavaria being completely independent form germany? :lol:
Im sure a lot of people would like to see such a scenario. :smile:
BattleGoat
General

Post by BattleGoat »

There is a German Scenario planned. I think it will also involve Belgium... I can't remember all the details on it though.
Mojo
Warrant Officer

Post by Mojo »

What about Africa? Seems like there could be alot of interesting possibilities there. Like South Africa trying to take over the continent. Or rival warlords in Somalia, Ethiopia, and Sudan duking it out. Just some food for thought.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Well, let's talk about Africa then. We had been looking at having 3 sub-battles for portions of Africa, followed by a 3-player map for Africa. The South was one player, North East as a second and North West as the rest. It should be noted that Egypt is not part of the African campaign but is in the Middle East campaign. Key players for East would be Sudan-Ethiopia-Somalia but there is still some discussion how far south to go. In the south, the Dem. Rep. Of Congo looks like a good focal point for the story line and the conflict, but are any of the more Northern regions interested in this issue. I also have not gotten around to checking what motivating factors we will have for the Western territories. I have a feeling that we can get a little something from Libya and Algeria, but I’m not sure how might be the biggest agitator in that area. As far as we can see, none of the African countries are large/important enough to have a sub-battle for the country.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Empier4552
General

Post by Empier4552 »

Libya would do good in a middle east campaign connected to israel.

it would be interesting to see a Post Israel campaign where the countries such as palestine, iraq, libya, egypt and Suadi arabia etc etc break out into war among themselves if a decent enough storyline came along to explain it.

perhaps one country or two go too extreme and a few go quite moderate etc.
BattleGoat
General

Post by BattleGoat »

Africa... Over my vacation last week I re-read "Vortex" by Larry Bond (probably the 4th or 5th time I've read it :grin: - I like Larry Bond books!). I might steal and twist a few ideas from it for inspiration in the Southern Africa scenario. South Africa wanting to retake Namibia and get those gold mines, racial unrest (this time a reverse form of apartheid with the whites being forced out), maybe a Zulu rebellion for lack of representation in government... etc...

There is lots of history and motivations for conflict in generally all of Africa, so it will be fun researching this more closely.

As for Libya and Egypt... We're putting Egypt in the Mid East Scenario (that's most appropriate for it) but Libya will be kept in a North Africa Scenario - after all they don't get a long with Chad very well.
Samourai Steven
Corporal

Post by Samourai Steven »

On 2002-07-27 08:12, BattleGoat wrote:
Don't worry about Europe... We have plenty of action planned there as well. Keep in mind that we plan on shipping SR2010 with a scenario based on anywhere in the world! (With one notable exception --- we might leave Afghanistan out...)
What will it be based on? I think an economic depression would trigger a rise of far right in Western Europe, which would lead to disintegration of European Union. Some regional movements could even further disintegrate big European countries (Bavaria in Germany, Corsica, Brittany and Savoy in France, Lombardia in Italy, Catalonia and Basques in Spain...).
Earth is a nice place to live in. Especially when you own it.

Return to “Scenarios”