MiddleEast Scenario: what's the Iranian Caspian fleet for?

Discussion on Supreme Ruler 2010 Scenarios

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

foo
Sergeant

MiddleEast Scenario: what's the Iranian Caspian fleet for?

Post by foo »

Is there any utility in maintaining the Iranian Caspian fleet? I've played the middle east scenario as Israel and worked my way east, taking on Syria, Iraq and finally Iran. When Iran fell, I was left with a sizable Caspian Sea fleet. Couple of carriers, several frigates, etc. Since the scenario has no other regions adjacent to the Caspian sea, is there any reason to maintain the ships? Can I sell them to reduce expenditures and raise money? Or is there some way to use them? The Caspian Sea is landlocked, so what's the point? (I'd love to get them to the Persian Gulf. Perhaps lots and lots of camels? :wink: )
Great game, thanks!
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

well if ur playing through a campaign u could use the ships in the world map. But yeah if u have no real use for them u might as well sell them because u can't get them out of the Caspian Sea.
In war destroy everything even the livestock.
foo
Sergeant

Post by foo »

thanks. thought so, but I thought I'd check if anyone could see a use for them. They're expensive to maintain and brought a pretty penny ~$1.2B when sold.
Great game, thanks!
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

well the only use they might have had in that scenario is to be a missile platform for missiles like the tomahawk. Course the only way to get such a missile would been by cheating. Don't think the WM hands out those kinds of techs.
In war destroy everything even the livestock.
The Khan
General

Post by The Khan »

bergsjaeger wrote:well the only use they might have had in that scenario is to be a missile platform for missiles like the tomahawk. Course the only way to get such a missile would been by cheating. Don't think the WM hands out those kinds of techs.
Israel can't have tomahawks?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

The Khan wrote:Israel can't have tomahawks?
What do you mean by "have"? They can't build them without the design, they can't research the design. They could buy the design or they could buy the finished missiles.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
The Khan
General

Post by The Khan »

Balthagor wrote:
The Khan wrote:Israel can't have tomahawks?
What do you mean by "have"? They can't build them without the design, they can't research the design. They could buy the design or they could buy the finished missiles.
Um, sorry I meant the tech research. I think every nation with a grasp of jet engines, missiles and some computers and wireless control should be able to get a cruise missile, don't you agree? Plus Israel IS rich and learned.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

The Khan wrote:...I think every nation with a grasp of jet engines, missiles and some computers and wireless control should be able to get a cruise missile, don't you agree?...
Sure, but not the tomahawk. Best would be a fictional design with a local name and unique stats, though probably similar to the tomahawk. More often we had to use generics and in some cases none were ever created for the equipment file. Takes time filling in all those entries, the equipment file you're using was about 6 years of work. We'll have a bunch of new stuff for SR2020.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
The Khan
General

Post by The Khan »

Balthagor wrote:Takes time filling in all those entries, the equipment file you're using was about 6 years of work. We'll have a bunch of new stuff for SR2020.
Oooo...Congrats, yeah I can see Turkish designed frigate names and stuff too.

Perfect work in reanimating my little country in the best way, although total lack of an extensive rail system baffled me a bit. Every weekend, a military train would carry supplies from my old home's neighborhood :)

Railways ARE used after all.

Return to “Scenarios”