WWIII too easy for nations with Petroleum?

Discussion on Supreme Ruler 2010 Scenarios

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

margab
Captain

WWIII too easy for nations with Petroleum?

Post by margab »

I just started a game with Turkey. In a few months the petroleum prices jumped from around $50 a barrel to $2,000 a barrel!

I know that AI countries cannot build buildings, so this is normal since there is no World Market. But isn't there a way to level this unfair advantage? As Turkey, I built up the petroleum facilities, and I'm now exporting and making HUGE profits. The same goes for countries like Iran and Saudi Arabia (it has around $300B in a few months and doesn't even use it for anything).

Is the only option NOT building any petroleum facilities not to gain an unfair advantage? But then the human player is faced with the unfair advantage of the countries that were mentioned that already export petroleum.

What do you think is a fair solution?

P.S. If it is $2,000 a barrel now, I can't imagine what it will be in say 2 years. $10,000 a barrel? Even with $2,000 you get about a 10,000% profit which is ridicilous...
"Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes?"-Juvenal
BigStone
General

Re: WWIII too easy for nations with Petroleum?

Post by BigStone »

margab wrote: Is the only option NOT building any petroleum facilities not to gain an unfair advantage?
Well it could be a nice scenario when not been able to build civ/mill facilities...
NO MORE NOISY FISH [unless they are green & furiously]
I HAVE STILL A FISH IN MY EAR
The_Blind_One
Colonel

Re: WWIII too easy for nations with Petroleum?

Post by The_Blind_One »

margab wrote:
P.S. If it is $2,000 a barrel now, I can't imagine what it will be in say 2 years. $10,000 a barrel? Even with $2,000 you get about a 10,000% profit which is ridicilous...
Dude I was playing a region and was exporting solely military goods, the other regions were fighting so bad they depleted all stocks and came knocking to my door for resources, wich they all bought for the fair price of 12.6M a tonne :D

They had HUGE debts 8), I didn't know where to spend all the money on! :P
margab
Captain

Post by margab »

Lol right now it's $4900 a barrel. It's not going up anymore, but oil exporting nations are making huge profits. I have like $500B by now and it's been a couple of months since the beginning of the scenario...
Khorne
Major

Post by Khorne »

*When i get rich like that i just give most of it to the other nations.
Go Home and Die
margab
Captain

Post by margab »

Well you are too nice :p I like to give it to Japan and India who have huge deficits because of my petroleum, and get my money back by selling them again, improving relations during the process ;)
Khorne
Major

Post by Khorne »

Well unlike you margab im not a very good millionaire oil baron.
Go Home and Die

Return to “Scenarios”