Naval Battle.

Discussion on Supreme Ruler 2010 Scenarios

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

bergsjaeger
General

Naval Battle.

Post by bergsjaeger »

I'm wondering has anyone tried this scenario. it seems it would scare anyone at first. but to me its rather simple. 6 regions on 6 islands about a million miles apart. :lol: Another thing I wonder about is y every region only are able to research Japan's techs (the worldwide ones too). I know it may be too late to change but having other uits techs like the US or Russia might been kinda fun. But its rather fun like it is. Just a challenge. I admit its not a map for anyone who isn't experienced in long journey's with their navy or air units. But I also admit it be good practice for anyone who isn't. :lol: Funny when all my air units couldn't get to an small island I controlled. I think my ships can't pass through there now because of all the planes in the water. And as for all the regions captial's names. Well won't spoil that U just have to play the scenario to see. But I can say my region will be a legend.
In war destroy everything even the livestock.
Legend
General
Human: Yes

Post by Legend »

Just to let everyone know - this map was primarily intended as a testing map and as such does not fall into the storyline of our game. Just looking at it will tell you that the islands were made up - not real satellite imagery, the names of places were fillers, etc. So, it maybe shouldn't have gone out in an update but it gives another map for people to play even if it isn't up to our usually standard of other maps.

We hope you enjoy playing it.
Draken
General

Post by Draken »

Somehow I missed it... I'll give it a try ! Sounds like a fun one :lol:
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

the scenario's name is naval conquest. U only can get in it through scenarios. I hope it stays around. i enjoy playing it now. :lol: As for the map itself I was wondering if it was a real group of islands or not.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Nope, I made the imagery in photoshop by morphing existing imagery. Think I make it out of the British Isles...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

:lol: Ancaster's capital was leveled. :D No hard feelings. now which island's capital is next.
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

If this is the Naval Conquest scenario,i just looked at it and hated it.

The islands are too small and the way they(the islands) end against the maps borders was also something i disliked

Any chance of a large map like this with larger islands farther apart and all fully surrounded by water ?
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
The_Blind_One
Colonel

Post by The_Blind_One »

tkobo wrote:If this is the Naval Conquest scenario,i just looked at it and hated it.

The islands are too small and the way they(the islands) end against the maps borders was also something i disliked

Any chance of a large map like this with larger islands farther apart and all fully surrounded by water ?
I tend to agree, I just hated the fact that ur country was cut off at the map's edge. I would have liked it more if they were real island and u could surround them and bomb the **** out of them :D
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

tkobo wrote:...Any chance of a large map like this with larger islands farther apart and all fully surrounded by water ?
Unlikely unless we end up doing testing that naval conquest is insufficient for.

As mentioned, that scenario was never designed for public consumption, I was using it for testing purposes.

Of course, someone in the community could always try and make it ;)
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
red
General

Post by red »

I looked at imagery a bit and came up with this image from Oceania, if that interests anyone. Not sure it's what people are looking for.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Of not, with the next update the Naval Conquest has been moved to the "custom" list in game.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Khorne
Major

Post by Khorne »

Awsome map red
Go Home and Die
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

Hard to tell scale from the pick.How big are the islands--what regions would be aproximately the same size in game ?

4 to 6 islands the size of australia on a large map would be the kinda thing i would like.
Last edited by tkobo on Jul 04 2006, edited 1 time in total.
Chuckle TM
red
General

Post by red »

Top-left is New Zealand, bottom-right is the Philippines. I don't know really, I was just looking at it as coming up with imagery would be the hardest part in making any such map.
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

Can you put the same region in the game map multiple times ?

Could you have 4 australias on one map ?
Chuckle TM

Return to “Scenarios”