Kurdistan better off if independent

Discussion on Supreme Ruler 2010 Scenarios

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Khorne
Major

Kurdistan better off if independent

Post by Khorne »

From what ive learned kuridistan is the only part of iraq you can go to with the threat of being kiddnapped or get yer head cut of by radicals and thats mostly because it is just so autonomus from the rest of iraq cause right now you got people from iraq going to kurdistan to get away from all the insurgents and to get jobs. if you also look most of the buissness in iraq is headin north to kurdistan cause it is just so much safer there than in bagdad or basra. They dont really need iraq eneyway cause right now that place is a total shithole on the brink of civil war. They also have a autonomous gov that is seperate from religion. so if you ask me i think th kurds are better off independent.
Go Home and Die
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

Well the reason its safer in Kurd held territory is the rest of the iraqi groups know better than mess with them. Even Saddam couldn't wipe them out. So that should tell anyone that the kurds should be the last one they would want to mess with. As for a independent Kurdistan. I think they should have their own country. And I know Turkey would back it. Kinda the reason the Kurds had weapons to begin with.
In war destroy everything even the livestock.
moondrift
Captain

Post by moondrift »

Ah, but as far as Turkey is concerned they can have an independant homeland/country as long as they don't want the bit they are claiming in Turkey and over which a few border skirmishes have been ignited!...
margab
Captain

Post by margab »

Hello,

I'm from Turkey, and I don't think any of you guys know what you are talking about. Turkey would NEVER allow an independent Kurdistan, Turkey explicitly states that if Kurdistan is ever established as an independent entity, Turkey will have a cassus belli against it and it is very very likely that there is going to be a war.
So no, I don't think Kurdistan should be established as an independent country, if it is done that way, than Turkey and Kurdistan would need to be started of as being in war in the scenario (and of course it not that difficult to guess the consequences and the result of such a war). Thanks.
"Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes?"-Juvenal
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

Thanks for margab for the 'local insight' - the Kurdish issue is certainly one of those 'conflict hotspots' (Like Kashmir, Tibet, Kosovo, etc) that simmers and may some day explode. It's one of those things that makes our Supreme Ruler 2010 storylines more believable :-?

Though for various reasons we didn't get a chance to include the Kurdish element in any of our existing scenarios, it would certainly be something to consider adding to an Iraq-based mission if we ever make one. In fact, it's one of many contributing factors as to why Turkey is our Mid-East map and not our Europe map.

-- George.
Khorne
Major

Post by Khorne »

personnally turkey is the of 600 years of occupation of greece and one day i pray a greek army will march on istanbul and reclaim the byzantine capital and will hopefully rip the minarets of the hagia sophia and end the desacration of such a holy shrine once and for all And avenge our ancestors your ancestors droveout.

The Empire shall rise agian to beat turkey in another war.
Go Home and Die
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

... we on the other hand hope for nothing but peace :D
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
margab
Captain

Post by margab »

Khorne wrote:personnally turkey is the of 600 years of occupation of greece and one day i pray a greek army will march on istanbul and reclaim the byzantine capital and will hopefully rip the minarets of the hagia sophia and end the desacration of such a holy shrine once and for all And avenge our ancestors your ancestors droveout.

I "personally" believe that you are taking this too "personally". I was just trying to get the facts right. It's bad enough as it is, with Turks having so many enemies, one more won't matter.

When we come to your comments, one can see that your hatred is rooted deep within your heart and is causing you pain. I don't know a solution to your problem other than seeing a good psychiatrist. I can only justify your cries for the flow of blood as being connected to your medieval mindset living in 21st century.
Accept historical facts, get over your inferiority complex and wish for better things in the world instead of war and bloodshed.
"Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes?"-Juvenal
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

I'm still holding out for peace. And I did find your comments very insightful margab, thanks for adding to the discussion.

Of course, you are correct that people need to be sure not to take any of the discussions personally, we need to keep the forum friendly for all gamers :)
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Khorne
Major

Post by Khorne »

Well i did take that a bit too personnaly> :-?
Go Home and Die
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

Actually I saw how opinions and thinks u thought were true might not be. I'm the type that doesn't try to offend anybody but if I have I'm sorry. At least that can be said. :lol: I have other opinions I can express but I won't because there just my opinions.
In war destroy everything even the livestock.
The Khan
General

Post by The Khan »

Khorne wrote:personnally turkey is the of 600 years of occupation of greece and one day i pray a greek army will march on istanbul and reclaim the byzantine capital and will hopefully rip the minarets of the hagia sophia and end the desacration of such a holy shrine once and for all And avenge our ancestors your ancestors droveout.

*Facepalm*

We conquered Anatolia with the sword, the language of that ancient times. You lost dozens of times over, British gave you guns and ships 600 years later, you lost again to a rag wearing starving militia army we had.

However, seeing an Orthodox-Armeni-Greco extremist can be refreshing sight sometimes, like amusing little monkeys on Southeast Asia.

Holy shrine? All Abrahamic religions are equally heartless terror cults for me.

Kurds aren't as innocent as they look, just because they side with the anglosaxon wave, you folks "oooh" and "aah" for them.

Kurdish tribes have Honor Killings, a KURDISH tradition which also has polluted our people's culture as well. But who cares? A Kurdish Yezidi girl was stoned to death, I saw the camera, wow, the KURDS did it.

But who cares? PKK extorts Kurdish businesses in Denmark, who cares?

The Western media sweeps them under the rug for all they care. No side is innocent. That's why I'm a cynical, bitter man despising all factions, including my own country's government.
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

Just posting to say your right on alot of what youve said about the Kurds as referring to the PKK and "innocence" in general .

And to point out, in case you didnt know, the PKK IS considered a terrorist organization by a few of the west.

Its just that at the moment, they are not at the top of our concerns list.But this will likely change as Turkey pushs for it .
And Turkey will be right to do so.

Not that Turkey is without blame, but in this case they are simply right about the PKK.

And yes, all governments and cultures (that i know of) stick, but some less than others.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
The Khan
General

Post by The Khan »

To get back on track of discussion, a Kurdistan scenario might be very difficult because all the powers that would back it would evaporize in the setting.

No European aid,(European states have a weird love for kurds, sorry if offending anyone but Austria angered us repetadly by granting PKK leaders safe passage and lodging)

No American support (gone with the depression)

An enraged, Kurd hating horde of Arabs and Turcomans free of American weapon threat, with many Turcomans arrested and tortured by Kurds after iraqi war, countless family vendettas.

Iran openly attacks any PKK spotted settlement even today and bombs it without considerance of civilian casualities. Consider a fanatical Iran army without international laws applying and armed with nukes, something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.

Israel on the other hand, the foremost supporter of the Kurdish people, will be ganged up on by others.

Oh boy, Middle east will be a blood cauldron when this setting kicks in.

Or a giant, glowing glass bowl.
SoB
Brigadier Gen.

Post by SoB »

wester aid to isral only stared in 1978 thats 2 befor 1 the reson and 2 after and the 2 after where small comerd to war 1 and 2 i am frome south africa and i love isral (i am not a jew) i suport the pkk because the turks did not by how helcopter but some dumb eropine contires(italie) of cut (befor you say any thing the rooifalk is beter than the apach and only slit worse or papse on par with the longbow i rate the matbaer(bad speling but u now the only attak helo in itly)bad it is obsilit

there is nothing rong with italins or there contrie and they do build good equment

Return to “Scenarios”