Korea

Discussion on Supreme Ruler 2010 Scenarios

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Shutzen
Warrant Officer

Post by Shutzen »

Quick question about Korea... What kind of forces does S. Korea start with? The reason I'm asking is that are 37,000 US troops in Korea today with all the equipment that goes along with them. I'm just curious about how you handled that in the game. Looking at the game's history, I assume that all the American troops went home after the world's economy collapsed and the US splintered. Does S. Korea start with any equipment "left over" from the US military presence there?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

No, currenlty we have to Korea Map designed with all the US equipment removed. I've finished be map but haven't tested it yet. It is by for the map with the most units on the map. North Korea has such a horribly large number of military equipment! But you've made me second guess myself. I'm going to look at what equipment the US would have had there and I may add some of that equipment to S. Korea. Even with out it they do still have a very large force, particularly their navy.
Hunter41
Sergeant

Post by Hunter41 »

For Korea, and for other scenarios too, will you see WM and other AI countries intervening by supplying troops and resources? Or could this be included as an option in scenario setup. I realize the fictional context of SR2010; however, it would be a great feature.
For example in the Korea scenario, the scenario starts with North Korea invading the South, Japan sends troops to support the South, and soon some American and/or WM troops start to reinforce the South too. If WM reinforcement gets too threatening to China, then it may feel obliged to intervene. Thoughts?
Shutzen
Warrant Officer

Post by Shutzen »

Oooh. Very cool. I would definitely love to see how that would play out. However, the only problem might be with the game's "plot". From what I read, most countries have pretty well splintered and are fighting internally. Since there is no unified US (in the beginning of the game) they can't really send troops to help Korea. Maybe the same with Japan. It is a great idea though. Even if it were not an option in the campaign game, your idea would be very cool to play out as an individual scenario.
Is it possible? :smile:
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Actually, Shutzen got it right. There is no unified US or Japan at that point of the game. But the WM is an active power at all times. Itervention by the world market will always be an AI decision. The WM agenda is to see one ruler come out supreme, generally on their own. However, they don't want to be living on a pile of ash when it's done so will be watching how things unfold. There is also a WM rating for every player. So whether the WM comes to the aid of either south or north Korea really depends on how well they can deal with the world market. If NK can keep the WM happy, they might be able to conquer all of SK without any outside intervention. However, SK starts with a much higher WM approval rating so it is far more likley that some form of support will be provided. This might be in the form of money, goods or military equipment. Having the WM actully move troops in will always be the last resort. The WM wants to see all of these conflicts resolved internally to weed out the weak leaders.
LORD_BUNGLA
Lieutenant

Post by LORD_BUNGLA »

Can a player take over the WM by force? Like take all its land and start governing it, as if it were a country
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

No. Not all WM territory is visible to the player. The WM represents all other regions the world over. The only thing that can be done is to hold the WM back until you succesfully complete the scenario. This would return you to a neutral standing with the WM but would affect your WM rating at the openning of the next scenario in the campaign. Remember that the WM as virtually unlimited resources. Attacking the WM will be a very dangerous thing until you are a much larger power.
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

How do you annoy them enogu hto invade you? I would love to know how to try take there land all over europe in the france scenario.
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

You cant, it never made it in.

While theoretically, the world market would be able to draw on the resources and units of ALL the nations not on the map,it instead ended up more like the U.N.
Unable to do anything but push paper,blow hot air, and issue hollow threats.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

lol sounds bout right :D

Return to “Scenarios”