European Unification?!?!?!

Discussion on Supreme Ruler 2010 Scenarios

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

CptBritish
Brigadier Gen.

European Unification?!?!?!

Post by CptBritish »

This would never happen "Peacefully".

Simple as would you expect the British Leader to Go "Here France You can take control of Britain its ok!"

Or

"Hey Germany its Poland here, why don't you come over and Rule us Legit now?"...

Its ok with the American Senarios as they are all American and the Russian ones (Is there Unification there???) but EUROPE would never unifie like the game is saying... Not Democratically... Only by military would Europe unite...

Thats wat I think anyway...

Plz Change Europe to a Complete Victory as "Unification" Would never happen even if some outside power said "We'll Nuke you if you don't!"
Supporting Nuclear Power in the UK.

Just because the Japanese happened to build one near multiple fault lines doesn't make them any more dangerous than they were before the Earthquake.
Decimatus
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Decimatus »

I would rather just have them fix the complete victory setting in the lobby so you could choose what you want. :)

I only used the unification vote once, and that was in the demo.
Viperace
Lieutenant

Post by Viperace »

SECOND THAT !!!!!

Its a dissapointment when i played World Domination as British, i was expecting a grand war at Europe but :roll: turn out to be a peaceful,boring Unification vote.

Too bad, what a waste of a good scenario
3iff
Brigadier Gen.

Re: European Unification?!?!?!

Post by 3iff »

CptBritish wrote:This would never happen "Peacefully".

Simple as would you expect the British Leader to Go "Here France You can take control of Britain its ok!"

Or

"Hey Germany its Poland here, why don't you come over and Rule us Legit now?"...

Its ok with the American Senarios as they are all American and the Russian ones (Is there Unification there???) but EUROPE would never unifie like the game is saying... Not Democratically... Only by military would Europe unite...

Thats wat I think anyway...

Plz Change Europe to a Complete Victory as "Unification" Would never happen even if some outside power said "We'll Nuke you if you don't!"
Ah, but this EU treaty they're trying to ratify IS trying to do this, albeit slowly. The united states of Europe is a target for many European leaders who want to drag their people into this prospective mess. A large proportion of our rules/laws are now generated from Brussels... (politics rant now off).
CptBritish
Brigadier Gen.

Re: European Unification?!?!?!

Post by CptBritish »

3iff wrote:Ah, but this EU treaty they're trying to ratify IS trying to do this, albeit slowly. The united states of Europe is a target for many European leaders who want to drag their people into this prospective mess. A large proportion of our rules/laws are now generated from Brussels... (politics rant now off).
Yea your right...

But in the Game the EU treaty is in the Sh*tter and Britain the Nordic Regions and Swizerland openly oppose another one been Drawn up...

European Map could be the best map in the Campaign (Not as much lag as World Map) as there are lot of different countries, Differing militaries etc etc...

Plz BG a European Unification would never happen in the Aggressive world your trying to create

Just because the Japanese happened to build one near multiple fault lines doesn't make them any more dangerous than they were before the Earthquake.
3iff
Brigadier Gen.

Post by 3iff »

I think that if everything went the way some politicians wanted, then we would be subsumed into a US of Europe and the unification would go ahead...but there's still far too much inter-nation rivalry to allow this to happen.

The British are still trying to decide wheter to be in the EU or not...and continually opt-out of many decisions (like the Euro and work related laws). Also surprisingly, we have the French and Germans closer allied and they see the Brits as their rival (seen from my Brit perspective).

There is too much distrust of the politicians behind much of this that make decisions without the approval of the people they 'claim' to represent. Until the recent referendum rejections by France and Holland, only Spain had approved the treaty and many other countries just allowed their parliament to approve the treaty.

There are also too many self-interest aspects and national differences to allow the EU to be one homogenised mass. Projecting towards the SR2010 storyline, I would have thought that war was a more likely outcome than peace.

Anyway, what 'would' be nice is to have a randomness for the campaign where the scenario could be played as a unification or complete victory...probably not possible though.

CptBritish.. I presume you know you can change the victory conditions when you start the map as a scenario?? So, you can play it as a complete victory and wipe all those foreigners off the map. :lol:
BattleGoat
General
Human: Yes

Post by BattleGoat »

We're adding (sometime soon) the ability to reject the results of a Reunification Vote and try for a complete victory -- it is likely that the more agressive AI regions would also opt not to accept unification votes that did not result in their favour.

Also... we'll take a look at maybe increasing some of the Causus Bellis (if that hasn't already been done) so that someone is likely to go to war before the vote --- and once one region attacks, it's like a set of dominoes!
- David
3iff
Brigadier Gen.

Post by 3iff »

I saw that alternative option for unifications that don't go the players way...leading to a final battle for the scenario end. That would be a sensible alternative when countries don't agree with the unification outcome.
Decimatus
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Decimatus »

It would be cool if once the unification vote was cast, all the AI regions surrendered to the victor. So, if you do opt out, you would likely be facing a much larger AI opponent. :) Of course there would need to be a lobby option to turn it off.
CptBritish
Brigadier Gen.

Post by CptBritish »

For a laugh I loaded up the North American Scenario and though I'd see If I could win as the Carribian (LOL) to my Surprise it is not a unification Vote WTF!!!!

Europe gets a unification Vote but North America does not???

Europe has a much more warlike and untrust towards nieghbours than North America Plz Plz Plz Plz Change it to Complete....

konan
Lieutenant

Post by konan »

Hi all

Sorry but i don't agree with cpt british, the way to find an unification in europe without a war is very concrete.

Actually is nearly to be made between all west european country, except the british that isn't too much clear their intention.

It isn't that poland say ... "hey germans come and rule" but they just said "we want join our rappresentation in the EU and we must join EU rules and laws"

Naturally this option in the game isn't improved and think should, as a way to create a new nation from two or more countries. In a pacific way with the promise of an economcal grouth. :)

what recently happened is about the enlargement to east country that has been rejected by france and holland.

For the rest i think the scenario could stand as it is ... i like it? :)

Maybe for war funs should start more local wars between countries.
konan
CptBritish
Brigadier Gen.

Post by CptBritish »

Ok then Let the rest of Europe Unify on the Vote but the story clearly states that the United Kingdom and the Nordic States don't want to be part of a unified Europe, Plus the Swiss (they never want to be tied to anyone seriously)

I don't really care If I have to lead my Challengers through the Franco-Spanish Empire, Germany, Poland and Hungry etc I would have don't it but the time frame does not allow it I got through Germany then I couldn't destroy anyone else because doing so would have dropped me in the polls causing me to lose anyway. I think a unification vote in Europe would not happen.

The EU is falling apart now when there is no chance of another European War (For Now), never mind when everyone is vieing for more power in the Hectic world of SR:2010. Its the people in power that want a EU now. Most of the Normal Day-to-Day tax-payers have no desire for an EU due to mistrust of Foreigners.

E.G 1: The French Rejected it because they said it was too Anglo-Saxon friendly WTF!!!!! Cheeky Tw*ts (thats as far as i'll go here :D).

E.G 2: The British don't want it because they don't trust most of the Countries in Europe (Other than All those helping us in Iraq) and because they want us to get rid of our Rebate which would mean us paying 5bil meaning that we pay twice as much as some countries even though they are about as Economically Strong as we are. Not naming no names *Looks over the White Cliffs of Dover* (Hey I'm a Poet and I didn't Know It :roll: )

I have no idea why the Holland Rejected it but they did so there...

Anyways Back on topic. Do you really think that Mistrust of Foreigners will have disappeared by 2010 in a World like the one BG are Creating...

Simply put Not Gonna Happen!!!

Or at the Begining of the Larger Scenarios You could have the Choice to Choose whether or not you are going to take part in the Unification Vote...

Maybe an E-Mail will come through from the WM saying 'Do you wish to take part in the Unification Vote.

(Underneath that would be a little Disclaimer)
If you decline this offer, Your World Market support will drop as you will have choosen to Unite Europe by Force we will also inform the Rest of the Leader of your intentions. Though you will still recieve support from the World Market this will be to a lesser degree. You have been Warned.

Then the Accept/Decline buttons as though it was a trade at the bottom.

If you decline maybe get Beli-Bar Rating put on 50% with all the other Countries or Diplomatic/Civilian Rating with all the other Countries slashed by 50%.

Maybe have all the Countries that don't want to join the European union (Nordic States, The Swiss etc) Decline this option as well.

The_Blind_One
Colonel

Post by The_Blind_One »

lol we (holland) were against the european unification because currently it would shift to much power to brussels. In the netherlands alot of things are taken care of for the people in ways that brussels wouldn't understand. Ways to increase the possibility of having housing, medicare and all other kind of stuff, stuff wich protects the people. If we were to sign that treaty that would mean that brussels could say one day ''lets scrap that law'' and we could not do a thing about it. At the moment we have our VETO right, but signing the treaty would mean we would give up on that and let germany, england, france take care of us. Also the Netherlands are the biggest NETTO payer per person of all other countries. Hell even luxembourgh plays even, and they even have double the income as a dutchman!!! that's so unfair. Also we NEVER voted against the increase of the EU (the eastern countries) we are against the dumb ass rules wich give prissy ass france more money because they are to lazy to work themselves (fact: 14% of france is sick, that's their average sick staff for a company, while all other countries have 7%!!!) I am not about to just give my money to dumbass france. No honestly french, well not so badly french, but definantly the politicians and the parisians are as dumb as you can get them and incredibly patriotic. :cry:, also we'd like to keep our soft-drugs laws, wich could change if we opted for the european constitution. It's a proven fact that our system works better...hell I smoke a couple of J's or blow the waterpipe once in a while :P if all politicians would do that...u'd have unification in a snap ;) lol

Anyways 'nuff ranting!!!

well maybe one more
Our president looks like some saggy ******* that looks like the spittin image of harry potter!!! curse you!!!! :evil:
Legend
General
Human: Yes

Post by Legend »

What should and shouldn't happen in scenarios have a lot to do with the storylines. But, you can change the options in the lobby when playing a scenario as a non-campaign scenario if you desire.

Further, the storylines are written for the game and the stories are the way things are going to happen after the year 2010. (The Doctor took me for a little trip and I verified everything :wink: to be true. )

I would love to see the creative engery seen here in our forum posts instead placed into SR2010 map mods. We have designed the game to be changed easily for things that you are mentioning. Here is an overview.

(Disclaimer - make backups of the files you change and backup any new files you create before you perform any future SR2010 game updates... just to prevent your files from being written over...get written over.)

There is a file (Europe.GMC) where you can change the map to no longer be a unification vote map. Just change one variable.

There is a file (Europe.GMT) where you can write your own stories... I.E. pull out all mentions of votes in the stories ane emails - and victory/loss statements.

You can also tweak relationships between regions (Europe.GMC - again) and modify who likes who etc... you can set three variables for each region towards every other region...
-Civilian Relationship
-Diplomatic Relationship
-Causus Belli Rating
So if you want some regions to act differently due to the story you have re-written due to the fact that you have removed the unification vote... this can be done.

So everything you are asking can be done... so I challenge someone to make the map they want and post it for us to play!

Visit here http://www.supremeruler2010.com/srcustom.php to learn more...

We knew that we couldn't please everyone with our storylines and relationships and our game's politics but that is why SR2010 was designed to be modified.
CptBritish wrote:For a laugh I loaded up the North American Scenario and though I'd see If I could win as the Carribian (LOL) to my Surprise it is not a unification Vote WTF!!!!

Europe gets a unification Vote but North America does not???

Europe has a much more warlike and untrust towards nieghbours than North America Plz Plz Plz Plz Change it to Complete....
Caleb367
Warrant Officer

Post by Caleb367 »

Viperace wrote:SECOND THAT !!!!!

Its a dissapointment when i played World Domination as British, i was expecting a grand war at Europe but :roll: turn out to be a peaceful,boring Unification vote.

Too bad, what a waste of a good scenario
Not necessarily :D

I'm playing the scenario as part of a campaign (started from Belarus, now i play Ukraine) and after two unsuccesful and "peaceful" runs, I went for a quick and messy military action. Time is short and not enough to upgrade, so i just use swarms of BTR-60 infantry, T-80 tanks and Akatsiya artillery. Greece fell in a month and now they're cowering in Crete; Poland, who declared war on me just after my first operations in Greece, fell in about 3 weeks; Germany, which attacked me right after Poland has been dealt with, fell IN A WEEK, and Switzerland in 4 days :lol: Now i've set my sights towards France (with a little help from the Nordic States, my allies) and Italy (together with my other ally, the Balkans). Not very peaceful and it's been less than a year from start.

Return to “Scenarios”