Mid East issue

Discussion on Supreme Ruler 2010 Scenarios

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

Things i believe:

1) I believe the UN is a complete failure. I believe its very "anyone can join" and "everyone has a voice" is the cause of the failure.

Im not going to go into depth becuase i dont want to risk the thread getting "ugly"

2) I believe sanctions CAN happen,but they wont matter to the Iranian Government.

Again, im not going to go into detail why i think this is the case, becuase it could get ugly.

3) I believe that sanctions wont happen however.Becuase i believe that too many nations have too much self-interest at stake to really crank up the pressure required to get them.
AND
I believe that the UN will use any "promise" Iran makes to say something along the lines of "see, a dilpomatic solution was found,the issue is over",EVEN though they wont have any reason to actually believe the promise that was made.And even if afterwards they come into solid evidence the "promise " was broken.

4) I dont think that the western nations should be so set against Iran getting nuclear power and tech.In the end they will get it anyway .
AND i believe they(Iran) will reget having gotten it in the not so far future .
What i think the nations concerned should do, is simply say,"you want the tech, fine.You better be responsible with what of it you get" "Becuase if your not, we WILL smash you like a gnat should something ugly happen due to your having recieiving it".
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
Leafgreen
Colonel

Post by Leafgreen »

tkobo wrote:What i think the nations concerned should do, is simply say,"you want the tech, fine.You better be responsible with what of it you get" "Becuase if your not, we WILL smash you like a gnat should something ugly happen due to your having recieiving it".
Hehe

But Russia offered to help them do it on russian soil. Admittedly it's a bit of a slap in the face to have to do it elsewhere, but it would have worked fine without asking for trouble.

And if a national policy is to destroy Israel at all costs, they've used chemical weapons on their neighbors before, threaten to send tens of thousands of suicide bombers, the same tools can be used to refine uranium for peaceful and military uses, declared the holocaust a lie, and thinks Israel should move it's country somewhere else - is it a risk worth taking? It only takes one for most of Israel to start glowing.

Or perhaps they think that they must have nukes so that the u.s. will add them to the 'we hate them, they need to go, but we won't risk being nuked' club?

I like Jordan's idea, but Israel will never give up their nukes - and i'm not sure they should.

Funny, I think we'd have a much better chance at forming world policy here in this forum. We are all world leaders kinda. :lol:
"That's O'neill, with two l's"
(Holds up 3 fingers)
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

Well the simpliest way to end the issue is for Iran to stop enriching uranium. Course Iran believes its their right to enrich. U know the diplomacy now days is like kids fussing. And some these people are running the countries. :lol: makes u think sometimes. There something about Israel mid east countries should know. Some of them want to wipe Israel off the map but they have never succeed at it. Sorry of this offends anyone. But if u get into bibical studies the last time Israel will be attacked by the mid east countries will be their last. The armies will be so large that the fuel from all the vehicles can be burned for 7 years with out it being exhausted. Course it says differnet. Mentions wood but its fuel now days. Even talks about a nation of Gog. Which is russia. And u connect Russia to the Mid East because of all the Russian weapons the Mid East has. But anyways.
In war destroy everything even the livestock.
Slash78
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Slash78 »

Remember that we didn't finish Iraq during desert storm because the saudis requested that we not enter iraq. (They do have a MUCH better idea of the politics of the region than we do - the devil you know...)
We didn't go into Iraq because George Sr. knew it was a bad idea. It had little to do with the Saudis or anyone else. Dubya obviously proved his father right.
Iran and Iraq were tossing chemical weapons at each other for quite some time prior to desert storm - I actually find it strange that no WoMD were found.
Wrong, Iraq used chemical weapons against Iran. It was a one-sided exchange. And you shouldn't find it strange, the Iraqis probably used the stockpile we gave them. That and the Weapons inspectors actually did there job.
There was a no-fly zone along iraq's border ever since desert storm, with them trying pretty hard to kill pilots. I remember a shortage of pilots because of that. We never did have a peace with Iraq - just a cease fire.

And every time they did, we would bomb something. Quid pro quo (or however you spell it).
Oh, and iran did set off a nuclear bomb (atom or hydrogen I don't remember) in 1999 for 'testing purposes'.
You are thinking of Pakistan, not Iran. I'm kind of left wondering where you get your history.

Return to “Scenarios”