32 Player world update

Discussion on Supreme Ruler 2010 Scenarios

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

The_Blind_One
Colonel

Post by The_Blind_One »

Balthagor wrote:Alright, I know I'm going to start something here, but I have news on an official expanded World scenario :)

Now, I don't want to discourage others from continuing their work, I look forward to seeing multiple versions of the World for variety of gameplay, but here is a sneak peak at what I've been working at on the side;

Scenario: World War III

Players;
Germany
Brazil
United States
Russia
China
India
Israel
South Africa
Australia
Canada
British Isles
France
Turkey
Japan
Italy
Austro-Hungary
Poland
Spain
Greece
Ukraine
Baltics
Lybia
Egypt
Central Africa
Mexico
Saudi Arabia
Iran
Pakistan
South America
Indomalaysia
Islamic States (aka the 'Stans)

No World Market, this has all the regions. Some countries are combined entirely (UK owns Ireland for example) others have been essentially eliminated (Iraq has been divided unevenly between Israel, Iran, Turkey and Saudi Arabia). Because this is a stand alone scenario it is not restricted by the campaign progression (Egypt owns a piece of Africa as an example). I will need a while still to set stories, inventories and (hardest of all) the relationships but the hope is to have this available for the next update.

More notes on things I've done; France owns St-Pierre and Miquelon islands in Canada, Alaska belongs to US, Cuba belongs to US, Iceland belongs to Baltics. France, UK, US, China, Israel, Russia, India and Pakistan are nuclear powers. Iran has "nuclear weapons" technology but not "nuclear warheads" or any designs researched. Iran, Lybia and Austro-Hungary are considered "bad" by most other regions. Plenty of opportunity for wars and alliances depending where you play from.
Just a quick question...for multiple world scenario's.

is there any fast away to assign units to another region? I really 8_ don't like to replace thousands of units :-?
red
General

Post by red »

What do you mean, to another region? If you are changing the ownership of hexes with units on them, then you can just click the third button on the first panel, the name tag one, and unit ownership will match up.
The_Blind_One
Colonel

Post by The_Blind_One »

red wrote:What do you mean, to another region? If you are changing the ownership of hexes with units on them, then you can just click the third button on the first panel, the name tag one, and unit ownership will match up.
hahaha *slaps himself in the face* I'm such a retard :D having used that damn editor for weeks in a row now non-stop I still didn't know lol....

worst of all...I just did an IQ test :S I got 134...somehow I don't feel like it :x
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

FYI, you're welcome :D

I had to really fight with George for him to take the time to add that to the editor, but he did agree that it was an invaluable tool so we got it.

Aren't we the best? :wink:
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
The_Blind_One
Colonel

Post by The_Blind_One »

Balthagor wrote:FYI, you're welcome :D

I had to really fight with George for him to take the time to add that to the editor, but he did agree that it was an invaluable tool so we got it.

Aren't we the best? :wink:
Yes awesome, haha I actually made a scenario where I re-inserted ALL the units...my hand hurted when I was finished :D

SOOO happy I found that button cuz else I'd have to re-insert ALOT O units :evil:
Philthy
Warrant Officer

Post by Philthy »

Any more news on the new world scenario(s)? I assume BG's version will be part of the next update, but how about 3rd party versions? Anyone making any headway on one? Just hoping for an update.

Phil
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

I'm down to just the story and e-mails but those take a long time! And the story is 4 pages in Word because there is so much to detail :(
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Philthy
Warrant Officer

Post by Philthy »

It's just great to hear that progress is being made!!! Will it be a part of the next update? Maybe with a more streamlined world map? My poor computer really stuggles with the world scenario. :cry:
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

It should make it into update 5, but it will have the same performace demands as the current scenario. We're still looking at overall performance improvements as well, but not sure where George is at on those.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

Bump.
Any update on this?
In war destroy everything even the livestock.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

The scenario has been tested enough that it will be included in the next update. It may get further tweaking after that but it will be ready for some public testing and feedback.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
dust off
General

Post by dust off »

The scenario has been tested enough that it will be included in the next update. It may get further tweaking after that but it will be ready for some public testing and feedback.
Very good new!! :-)
Hope that it is soon.
Uriens
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Uriens »

Great news!!! :-)
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

If there was a way to pre-release(before the update) that scenario it would probably be a good idea.

few people are as good at "breaking" things as some of the forum members youve got here.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
BigStone
General

Post by BigStone »

Haha... well if there is one person in the univers that the Goats should
add to their testteam.. it should be you...

But i'm affraid things will never released then :D
NO MORE NOISY FISH [unless they are green & furiously]
I HAVE STILL A FISH IN MY EAR

Return to “Scenarios”