Estonia comments (split from Finnish Military)

Discussion on Supreme Ruler 2010 Scenarios

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

herr neumann
Captain

Post by herr neumann »

I looked at Estonia in your latest screenshots. 'Boy, you sure have stripped this country from industry (not that it has much in real life).

Everything seems to be quite right exept for few details:

1) The power plant should be next to Narva (NE Estonia). Actually it doesn't use coal but oil-shale. But I guess coal is ok in the game as 'other power' represents env friendly power sources and oil-shale power production doesn't certainly fall into that category.

2) There is an oil-well on NE border of Estonia. I wonder where you got the info. As far as I know (and researched) Estonia doesn't have petrol production. Or is it part of 'artistic licence'. In that case I'm okay with it - the economic situation of Estonia (in game) would certainly be much better if it produces it's own petrol.

3) how about adding Estonia another timber industry?

BTW much of Estonia's income comes from transit. I wonder if there is a way to show it in the game also? On the other hand as Russia has disintegrated into small regions also (right?), there can't be much of a transit to speak about.
BattleGoat
General
Human: Yes

Post by BattleGoat »

Remember, in our game Natural Gas is also classified as petroleum and I think Estonia does have some of this.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

k, I went over the Estonia player and it did have some errors. The Oil production was right. Estonia produces 5 of it's 23 bbl/d requirement. I moved the powerplant to it's proper location and changed it too petrolium producing. I also added some farms, more timber, an industrial goods plant and more consumer goods capacity. I also used a modifier to add a % income as "non product producing industries". We added this variable for places like New York City where much of the income is in non-tangible products. It's much better balanced to real life now.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
herr neumann
Captain

Post by herr neumann »

Thanks for changes.

>The Oil production was right. Estonia produces 5 of it's 23 bbl/d requirement.

Strange I know nothing about it and found no info too on internet (I didn't search very thoroughly though)

>I moved the powerplant to it's proper location and changed it too petrolium producing.

I think coal is better. In spite of it's confusing name, oil-shale is actually a "stone". At least by appearance (it's solid not liquid) it is much more similar to coal than to oil. And I think there should even be a coal mine 2-3 hexes left from Narva that would represent Estonia's oil-shale mining. Replace the forest industry in NW Estonia with a mine, I say - this should be the exact place.

You can see the location of the oil-shale mines here (not a very good map but I hope you understand): http://www.ep.ee/?id=1131

And the capacity is this (quoted from abovementioned webpage): In 2000, the quantity of oil shale mined for sale was 11.7 million tons

>I also added some farms, more timber, an industrial goods plant and more consumer goods capacity.

An ind good plant is a good idea. I bet Estonia would be in a real tight financial situation if it had to import it's ind goods from WM.

It seems Estonia is still going to be a real underdog compared to other scandinavian countries (as much as seen from screenshots). Maybe even more than Wyoming in US NW scenario. But challenge is good :)

Return to “Scenarios”