About French Map

Discussion on Supreme Ruler 2010 Scenarios

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Cal_Blutch
Corporal

About French Map

Post by Cal_Blutch »

I found many Ah64 units for Paris and Marseille, a mistake i think as the tiger helicopter coming soon )
Alos the paris airbase Remis,true name is Reims.
And about the icbm site NW of Marseille,France does not have anymore site like this he has been closed few years ago and no hope to see a new one i think too )
About Awacs,Marseille got one and Paris no,as French awacs are just between the border may be u could give one to Paris.... :)
The only carrier is base at Toulon atm so under Marseille forces,may be the new one coming from an French English colaboration could be under Paris forces i think.
Keep the good job about SR :)
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

Well, I'm somewhat embaressed by this one... the "Apaches" listed in the French inventory are supposed to be missiles, not helicopters. Oops! :oops: I've removed them now.

The carrier Charles De Gaule is stationed at Brest, both in the game an in real life. This is the only carrier I have info on.

There are a number of air units missing from Paris that should go with the Carrier, I'm waiting until the carrier can land aircraft. This includes some E-2C Hawkeye recon planes.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
grand_ben
Corporal

Post by grand_ben »

hello,

carrier Charles de Gaule isn't stationed at Brest: it was built at Brest, but it is stationned at Toulon, like the majority of the french surface fleet. It's the only one carrier in french fleet. The olders have been sold or demolished ("Foch" and "Clemenceau") and a second nuclear powered carrier is still in discussions.

Nuclear submarines are stationed near Brest.

salut,
Benoit
tovi
Warrant Officer

Post by tovi »

It's the only carrier in 2004 !

Another one is planned for next years. It should be finished in 2010.

At last, there is not such oil fields in France. Paris is not Texas !
The main ressource in France is Agriculture (especially around Paris and in Britany).
Then water and wood.

Brest is the submarines base.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Sorry I didn't get to this before the update. I've gone over it again and made some changes;

- Charles de Gaule Aircraft carrier transfered to Marseille player.
- Added a Port at Cherbourg
- Added piers at Lorient and St. Nazairre
- Transfered one Le Triomphant and one L'Inflexible to Paris. This leaves Marseille with one Le Triomphant class sub
- Industries moved around (total output same)
- Updated the research. For example, Dassault is based in Paris so the Marseille player would now need to research the Rafale. Giat/Renault is based near Lyon so Paris would need to research the Leclerc (Paris does have the AMX-32B and Marseille does get the Mirages so it's only a slight advantage). This is how we are now balancing research.

As for the oil, even if you build oil feilds as Paris in every possible place you still get less than 10% of the oil you need. The oil amounts there are not that strong. France may not be Texas but there are oil deposits there.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
chancellor
Sergeant

Post by chancellor »

I'd think france would be one of the least likely places to seperate in the world... andif it did.. I could see parts of France fighting ither bordering naitons before it fought its self. It's too bad about the scales, I can't think of a solution...
Juergen
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Juergen »

With the implementation of functional transport ships naval combat will become quite important on the France map.

And some players like Barcelona have no means of researching any anti-ship missiles which are essential in making your navy effective.
I find it unlikely that these players have no way to research anti-ship weapons of their own for at least Barcelona and Madrid belonged to a major power once.
Baloogan
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Baloogan »

Balthagor wrote:Well, I'm somewhat embaressed by this one... the "Apaches" listed in the French inventory are supposed to be missiles, not helicopters. Oops! :oops: I've removed them now.
lol
That's like a mistake I would make... :P
Missiles!! Nukes!
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Juergen wrote:...I find it unlikely that these players have no way to research anti-ship weapons of their...
They may be able to develop these weapons but as far as I know, they do not produce any currently; they buy them from the states. I've been continuing to work on the equipment file but my focus remains on getting all the real equipment in first, then I'll start adding fictional units. There will probably be a few AS missiles added that will be accessible to these players to though they will need to get through a number of technologies before they will be able to start producing them. Players in these regions will probably do what is done today; they'll buy the missiles. Rememeber, you'll be able to buy stuff from the WM and anti ship missiles (at least basic short range versions) will probably be available in a fairly large quantity. It just means the Spanish players need to stay on the WM's good side so that their source of missiles is not cut off.

BTW, feel free to make suggestions on fictional units that should be added. Key things I need to really get a new entry going is the following;

Unique Name (IE F-14 Tomcat or MM-40 Exocet)
Entry Year
Region of Origin (can be vauge, like South America, or precise.)
Ranges for travel/attack
Key features (such as strong AA or long spotting)
Idea of what it would look like (optional)
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Aurore
Warrant Officer

Post by Aurore »

n/t
Last edited by Aurore on Dec 07 2004, edited 1 time in total.
Empier4552
General

Post by Empier4552 »

Hm I could see that being transformed into a standard APC unit or two and then an engineering unit along with maybe a few patrol boats at the harbor. And the APCs etc being stationed at an airfield :-D

Return to “Scenarios”