WW3 - playing as China

Discussion on Supreme Ruler 2010 Scenarios

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Bateman1982
Lieutenant

WW3 - playing as China

Post by Bateman1982 »

Hello,
After finishing my current hearts of iron campaign I'm feeling like something a little more modern, so am wanting to try out the WW3 scenario in Supreme ruler 2010.

I've played some smaller scenarios before, but am currently unable to comprehend how to go about managing a huge country like China in the WW3 scenario.

The vast territory and large numbers of units overheat my brain within minutes of me starting the game, so I don't seem to have a hope of keeping track of what's happening when the fighting starts.

Am I better off just scrapping all units and starting again so that I have a small hope of organising my units into sensible groups?

Perhaps I need to upgrade my brain to cope with all of the information at once.
The Khan
General

Re: WW3 - playing as China

Post by The Khan »

Bateman1982 wrote:Hello,
After finishing my current hearts of iron campaign I'm feeling like something a little more modern, so am wanting to try out the WW3 scenario in Supreme ruler 2010.

I've played some smaller scenarios before, but am currently unable to comprehend how to go about managing a huge country like China in the WW3 scenario.

The vast territory and large numbers of units overheat my brain within minutes of me starting the game, so I don't seem to have a hope of keeping track of what's happening when the fighting starts.

Am I better off just scrapping all units and starting again so that I have a small hope of organising my units into sensible groups?

Perhaps I need to upgrade my brain to cope with all of the information at once.
I had the same problem. If you have time, playing a campaign with a tiny region and gradually expanding until you hit the "World" Scenario might be a good idea.

About territory:

*Take a deep breath and pause the game, consider the possibilities, an economic expansion program, and of course, what to build and what not.

* Make military initiative to 15-19. That makes units close on combat if threatened, but otherwise, you do all the stuff.

*Put all military to borders which will eventually erupt into war. If you have walking infantry, limit them to defend places, but do NOT make them "move" but put orders such as "air transport" or "sea transport" if you need to move them across sea.

*? ? ? ? ?

*PROFIT!

Also, a brain upgrade might be necessary. The game is truly brain tiring. IT is not for everyone. It tires me.
Bateman1982
Lieutenant

Post by Bateman1982 »

Thanks, good to know I'm not the only one.

Perhaps I need to wait until the weekend, rather than trying to play it after a hard day at work.
Feltan
General

Post by Feltan »

China is tough even for an experienced player. You will be at war very soon in the WWIII scenario no matter what you do.

If you want fun and a challenge, I suggest you start with South Africa or the UK. Smaller countries, but both can pack a wallop.

Regards,
Feltan
ETA Five Minutes ......
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

i started as vietnam and the UK and won, now i am thinking of playing China in a world war 3 mulitplayer map with my mates. (sorry non of you are invited, too many people already)
Red Dawn
Captain

Post by Red Dawn »

Hey

I am a bit pissed off (mainly due to my naiveity) but I was playing Pakistan in the sub continent regional map and won expecting the game to advance to the world map but it didnt!! the game just ended there! what did i do wrong?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

Where you playing a scenario or a campaign? Only campaigns move on...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Red Dawn
Captain

Post by Red Dawn »

Yeah it was a scenario.... Only realised that after the game had ended!! Oh well... cant be arsed to start over. I've ordered SR 2020 and will be sure to play the campaign and not the scenario. Is Pakistan represented again in the new game?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Yes, and little concern with SR2020, the system is changed. What we used to call Missions are now called Scenarios. There are no "stages based" campaigns.

Also, at the end of a mission, you can play on as a campaign, my favorite way of starting a campaign. (That and continuing MP games as a SP campaign).
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Red Dawn
Captain

Post by Red Dawn »

Thanks Balthagor. Just got my copy in the post yesterday and I have to say that it already is looking really impressive. Still have to get used to the new interface but kudos to you all you guys at Battlegoat. So just to confirm I intend to launch a Campaign - World 2020 with complete victory conditions.

This will allow my country to interact on the world map without an end date till complete global victory is attained and without being restricted to interacting and winning in a region first??

I already have a few questions regarding SR 2020 but will post them in the relevant thread.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Yes, that's right.

Welcome to or second title and thanks for your support!
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Scenarios”