Multi-Player game

Put all your MP game discussions right here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

raybaudi
Captain

Re: Multi-Player game

Post by raybaudi »

I'm in, guys, please let me know! Gameranger, right?
number47
General
Human: Yes

Post by number47 »

If the game would start anywhere between 11:30am and 03:00pm CST than count me in. (if anyone is interested what are those ranges in GMT, it is from 05:30pm till 09:00pm GMT)
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

Game time is the least important thing to me, so I can work with any time slot. (retired rocks)

Number47 - how about 1300 CST (1pm)

ray - yes Gameranger, does that time work for you? 1300 CST is 2pm Eastern and 11am Pacific.

If that time slot is acceptable then we just need to set a day for this Geopolitical style of game to get underway. What is a good day(s) to play assuming the time is ok? Ideally, this would be set in stone, meaning we meet at that day and time every week.
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
number47
General

Post by number47 »

1300 CST works fine, although 1400 CST would work better for me on a longer run and than the day of the week might be irrelevant to me (but just on a safe side, let's avoid friday if possible :D ).

Also, just noticed the "NO tech trading fund" edit :D . I have no problem with that but just to check, does this also includes the unit design trade or only tech? Probably both since some units might require tech to be sold as well...
raybaudi
Captain

Post by raybaudi »

I'm sorry, guys. I mean, probably this week I'll be able to join at 1300 CST but I'm getting a job soon and will be unable to catch up.

What do you think about 1930 CST? Is it too late for you?

Thanks!

edit: Thursdays 1930 CST would be perfect.
number47
General

Post by number47 »

well guys, 1930 CST is 02:30am at my place :-? so that would not work for me...but I'm glad to hear you got a job 8O

I'm aware that me synchronizing with you guys from North America will be tough and if it proves to be too much of a trouble (as it looks now :lol: ) than I will withdraw myself from this game :wink:

Although, I was pretty excited to play a serious geopolitical style of game 8)
raybaudi
Captain

Post by raybaudi »

Thanks, 47

Anyway, what would you think of playing on weekends? Maybe we can find another time block, fit both for you and for us.
There's no need for you to withdraw, I'm confident we'll narrow it down to a solution.
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

You two work a date and time, then let me know. I cannot stress enough that day/time etc means nothing to me. :P

I can always make time for one of my favorite hobbies.

Clarified starting post about tech trading (I hope).
Last edited by GIJoe597 on Jul 17 2012, edited 1 time in total.

number47
General

Post by number47 »

ok than, lets see 8)

...ray, if weekends are most suitable for you, how about you pick a day and hour. I believe I could be available in the region from the 12:00-18:00h CST. This is unfortunately, my entire time frame :-( , meaning if we start at 1200 I can theoretically play till 1800 (if my wife doesn't kill me before that :lol: ), or if we start at 1700 I'll have only 1 hour to play).

@GIJoe
I understood you about the tech part the first time you said it, but again you said nothing about selling unit designs to generate income :lol: :lol: :lol:
To set/clarify a rule for designs also, how about you can't sell designs you bought, only your own (already owned or researched)? Just to not totaly close the possiblity of generating at least some income as a minor. If you disagree, I'll accept whatever you decide... :wink:

Damn, I can't wait for this to happen :D
raybaudi
Captain

Post by raybaudi »

Thanks, no.47. I appreciate your consideration. Look, what do you think about the following time block:

Game Start: Saturdays, 12:00 CST (UTC 18:00)
Game End: Variable, subjected to each player's activities by the day.

NOTE: Please notice I used CST and not current CDT time.
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Seems ok for me...
raybaudi wrote:NOTE: Please notice I used CST and not current CDT time.
Ah, crap...now you really got me :-? CST is without summer time, right? I hate this time zones/daylight savings stuff |O |O |O
OK. I'm currently GMT+2 due to summer time (normally just GMT+1) so that would be 20:00h for me...pefrect! If I didn't miscalculated which I probably did :lol: :lol:
raybaudi
Captain

Post by raybaudi »

That's right, no.47, CST implies no Daylight Saving Time (Summer Time).
So, as of now, if the selected starting time suffers no further modifications, it should remain at:

Saturdays, 18:00 (GMT/UTC)

Pending approval by GI Joe.
Other people willing to join should calculate their own respective time conversions.
May I suggest you, guys, to keep the joining stage undefined? That so, we could recruit new players as the game progresses.
number47
General

Post by number47 »

raybaudi wrote:May I suggest you, guys, to keep the joining stage undefined? That so, we could recruit new players as the game progresses.
No problem here :D
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

number47 wrote:@GIJoe
I understood you about the tech part the first time you said it, but again you said nothing about selling unit designs to generate income :lol: :lol: :lol:
To set/clarify a rule for designs also, how about you can't sell designs you bought, only your own (already owned or researched)? Just to not totaly close the possiblity of generating at least some income as a minor. If you disagree, I'll accept whatever you decide... :wink:
I am slightly unclear about this since as a minor you will not have any designs anyone would want anyway? Many of the minors have none. Are you suggesting that if you purchase a design from a major, you then be allowed to sell it to another minor?

The thing I would like to eliminate is the cross "sphere" trading. As an example If I am playing as Burma and I wanted a certain design I would only go to Russia or possibly China. If I were playing as Austrailia I would first look to The U.K and then possibly the U.S.A.

Under no circumstances would I, playing as Iran for example try to purchase a design from the U.S.A. or vice versa.

We can discuss this in detail in a voice chat if you like prior to game start, or anytime really. Much more can be conveyed with voice, inflection, emotion, etc. without having to clutter of forums with emoticons.

Number47 please tell me what you think 6pm (1800) Eastern is in your time zone, just to be certain I have the numbers right. If I do, I will modify original post with starting day and time.

P.S. As I have posted before all Win7 computers, (assume others do also?) have the ability to show two clocks in the bottom right where time displays. I have mine to local and GMT, when I hover mouse over time it pops up in both times. It really helps if you are unclear about zones.

Niko465
Colonel

Post by Niko465 »

I would be interested.
First, my playtime is from 11 hours ago to 2 hours after I post this. Meaning 11h30 to 00h30 when i'm not working(i don't work a lot, but i'll warn if it happen.)

Second, which countries are NOT availiable anymore?
Nicolau Abraão Rojas
Brazillian United Front
South East State

Return to “Multiplayer Games”