Multi-Player game

Put all your MP game discussions right here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

raybaudi
Captain

Re: Multi-Player game

Post by raybaudi »

GI Joe, recheck the time slot you just asked for, please. It's 18:00 UTC/GMT not EST.
number47
General
Human: Yes

Post by number47 »

GIJoe597 wrote:I am slightly unclear about this since as a minor you will not have any designs anyone would want anyway? Many of the minors have none.

Well, I consider all balkan states a minor and they have tons of designs. Maybe my error is in labeling them minor when they are actually...what would be the word for something better than minor but not by much? HUH
GIJoe597 wrote:Are you suggesting that if you purchase a design from a major, you then be allowed to sell it to another minor?
No. Any purchased design regardless from whom was it bought, would be forbidden to resale to third party.
GIJoe597 wrote:The thing I would like to eliminate is the cross "sphere" trading. As an example If I am playing as Burma and I wanted a certain design I would only go to Russia or possibly China. If I were playing as Austrailia I would first look to The U.K and then possibly the U.S.A.
Little strict maybe considering there are countries with military equipment from both (Russia and USA) shperes (Taiwan, for example uses F/A-18 and Su-30 at the same time) but you are the rule maker. So, agreed.
GIJoe597 wrote: We can discuss this in detail in a voice chat if you like prior to game start, or anytime really. Much more can be conveyed with voice, inflection, emotion, etc. without having to clutter of forums with emoticons.
Sure, I just hope I have better luck with esablishing connection this time so you can actually hear me.
GIJoe597 wrote: Number47 please tell me what you think 6pm (1800) Eastern is in your time zone, just to be certain I have the numbers right. If I do, I will modify original post with starting day and time.
Raybaudi suggested 1800 GMT not EST (I believe it is 1300 EST). Are you suggesting a different time or is it just an oversight? 1800 EST would be 2300 GMT (or 0100 at my place).
GIJoe597 wrote:P.S. As I have posted before all Win7 computers, (assume others do also?) have the ability to show two clocks in the bottom right where time displays. I have mine to local and GMT, when I hover mouse over time it pops up in both times. It really helps if you are unclear about zones.
Personaly, I'm still using XP but by clicking the watch I can still change the time zone and get the time I need for another zone, or use my very good friend, Google :D . What I ment was that in general, daylight savings combined with time zones gives me a headache. :lol:

EDIT: I intend to play Croatia.

EDIT2: I just found out that my in-laws might be coming this weekend to visit :-? . If this turns out to be truth, they'll occupy my "playroom" and I wont be able to play :evil: I feel like a kid again :lol: ...I'll keep you informed...
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Niko465
Colonel

Post by Niko465 »

Okay so Saturday 13h, I read the rules, but why setting Nuke penatlies to high?.. The Chinese troops turning against the gov after they nuked L.A. is ridiculous. Not that I want to use them.
Nicolau Abraão Rojas
Brazillian United Front
South East State
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

Niko465 wrote:Okay so Saturday 13h, I read the rules, but why setting Nuke penatlies to high?.. The Chinese troops turning against the gov after they nuked L.A. is ridiculous. Not that I want to use them.
I honestly do not see any civilized nation state using nukes against an enemy in this era. If it really bothers you, we can change the setting...

Sat the 13th?

Number47 - if my calclations is correct you are in or near Rawicz, Poland, yes? +2

My question about 1800 eastern had nothing to do with the stated game start time. I just used 6pm at random to be certain I/we have the time zones correct, depending on what your answer was of course.

Tech/designs = lets just remove any issues and play with zero restrictions on them. The length of a MP game mostly means, so what anyway. :)
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
Niko465
Colonel

Post by Niko465 »

GIJoe597 wrote:
Niko465 wrote:Okay so Saturday 13h, I read the rules, but why setting Nuke penatlies to high?.. The Chinese troops turning against the gov after they nuked L.A. is ridiculous. Not that I want to use them.
I honestly do not see any civilized nation state using nukes against an enemy in this era. If it really bothers you, we can change the setting...

Sat the 13th?

Number47 - if my calclations is correct you are in or near Rawicz, Poland, yes? +2

My question about 1800 eastern had nothing to do with the stated game start time. I just used 6pm at random to be certain I/we have the time zones correct, depending on what your answer was of course.

Tech/designs = lets just remove any issues and play with zero restrictions on them. The length of a MP game mostly means, so what anyway. :)
No problem with nukes. It's just that i found unlikely that nuke cause so much pain to it's launcher.
13h on Saturday not the 13th... We're the 19th.

About units, I think it is better to autorise small countries to buy any design to anybody, but big ones should use their own stuff, and the one of it's allies(China buying to Russia) but mostly it's own units.

Another question; Isn't diplo difficulty at V. Hard causing everybody to get kicked from the UN for no reasons?
Nicolau Abraão Rojas
Brazillian United Front
South East State
number47
General

Post by number47 »

GIJoe597 wrote:Number47 - if my calclations is correct you are in or near Rawicz, Poland, yes? +2

Your calculations of time zones is correct (+2) but the location is some 1195km (740mi) off. My location is written in my info in ingame coordinates :D. I'm curious, what made you think I'm from or near Rawicz?

As for my situation on in-laws, it seems they wont be staying overnight so the worst case scenario might be the need to move the game from 1200CST to 1300CST if possible, but I'm still not sure if that will even be necessary.

We are talking about tomorrow, saturday 21th for a game day, right?
raybaudi
Captain

Post by raybaudi »

So I'll be meeting you in GameRanger 5 minutes before the call to launch the game. That means:

I'll be showing up at: 17:55 GMT
Game should be starting at: 18:00 GMT

My nick in GameRanger is the same one I use here.
number47
General

Post by number47 »

raybaudi wrote:So I'll be meeting you in GameRanger 5 minutes before the call to launch the game. That means:

I'll be showing up at: 17:55 GMT
Game should be starting at: 18:00 GMT

My nick in GameRanger is the same one I use here.
I'll be there :wink:
Niko465
Colonel

Post by Niko465 »

Damn.. Cancel me I've been called for working tomorrow.
Nicolau Abraão Rojas
Brazillian United Front
South East State
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

With only 3 people playing no sense in starting if 33.3% cannot make it. Lets shoot for Sat the 28? Or perhaps another day both of you can make it? i.e. a make up game?

number47
General

Post by number47 »

ok GIJoe, we can postpone if you want. (any day is good around that time or me)
About the number of players, I thought there was 4 of us? Has raybaudi cancelled? And also, why the change "hot relations: very high"?
raybaudi
Captain

Post by raybaudi »

Before we cancel, there are still three players left to play: GIJoe, no 47 and me. Actually, the guy to quit joined the last.
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

Niko465 wrote:Another question; Isn't diplo difficulty at V. Hard causing everybody to get kicked from the UN for no reasons?
Much like in realilty the UN serves no meaningful function in game, so no loss at all if you are kicked out.

Ok, as long as there are 3 in we can play. This weekend was another birthday for me, and working on getting the house ready to sale. So I have only been logging in scanning briefing, responding and logging off. :(

Very High, lets get things rolling right off. Unless that is an issue. In my mind it will give the "majors" a goal. Support and protect your chosen minors without actually declaring war. :)

Sat the 21st then? 1st post updated to reflect all current changes.

About the countries chosen, I will be playing The USA in order to get the results I want :) I saw 47 wants Croatia.. what are the rest please?

number47
General

Post by number47 »

I'm sorry to do this, but I will not be able to play today :oops:. How do you guys feel about playing on Sunday? If no one objects to that idea, maybe we could move the game to Sunday 22th at 20:00 GMT (equals to 14:00 CST or 15:00 CDT)? Maybe Niko could join also?
Niko465
Colonel

Post by Niko465 »

My brother is making a familly dinner Sunday ... :-?
If I join, it's not this weekend... It's a big bad luck this week.
But if you are all free from Monday to Friday, I can join at any time.
I'm far more free the week than weekend..

I go work in 2 hours.

PS : If I join, Russia(or China).
Nicolau Abraão Rojas
Brazillian United Front
South East State

Return to “Multiplayer Games”