*New* MP Campaign: World 2020 IV - Sign Up & AAR

Put all your MP game discussions right here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Pax25
Colonel
Human: Yes

*New* MP Campaign: World 2020 IV - Sign Up & AAR

Post by Pax25 »

Hello all. I'm interested in continuing our weekly multiplayer game of Supreme Ruler 2020 - Global Crisis version 6.8.1 on GameRanger. My SN is Pax25.

The sessions will be played on Tuesdays at 7:00 CST (Central Standard Time). We will play the World 2020 Scenerio. You can choose any country and there will be no "house rules". (It's been my experience with other Multi-Player games that house rules just create more problems) The only rule is that if you miss a session, your country goes AI. This encourages attendance. Victory conditions will be complete. If you are eliminated from the game you may rejoin as another country during the next session, however, you're eliminated from claiming victory at the end. Victory is determined by the player with the highest score, or the last man standing. Periodic votes may be taken by the remaining players to determine when to end the game and who is either the sole victor (based on score), or who is included in the allied victory or draw. The vote must be unanimous. Alliances are welcome (and allied victory may be proposed), but they are not binding (very similiar to the game "Diplomacy"), so watch your back.

Please post if you are interested, your SN on GameRanger, and what country you would like to play.

Start Date: Tuesday, April 26th, 2011, at 7:00 p.m. CST (Central Standard Time) - 3 Hour Sessions
Next Session: Tuesday, September 6th, 2011, at 7:00 p.m. CST (Central Standard Time)

*LINK TO LAST SAVE GAME FILE WHICH IS NEEDED TO JOIN

Country - Player

Italy - Pax25
United Kingdom - Hoss
India - ZT Strike**
Poland - KenG - ELIMINATED
Ukraine - Ivan**
United States - Garth
Brazil - Tyler**
Egypt - Yegor**
Iran - Nic507
Gabon - Rebs** - ELIMINATED
Russia - Artyom
Sweden - KenG II

**currently AI

NEW RELIABLE PLAYERS ALWAYS WELCOME TO JOIN
Last edited by Pax25 on Sep 05 2011, edited 25 times in total.
"In any good multiplayer wargame, the only 'house rule' that should be needed, is that there are no rules." -Pax25
GameRanger # 406426
Hullu Hevonen
General

Re: *New* MP Campaign: World 2020 IV - Sign Up & AAR

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

I'm up for it, though Could I bargain with Gameranger? maybe use hamachi instead?

I have a serious problem with IE9(therefore also flash, and Gameranger), it refuses to update to the new stable version and it can't be removed. I might be able to fix the problem and get it working for next session, though i ain't sure.

EDIT: just used a timeconverter, it showed the playtime is a 4 at night. :-?
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/c ... 210&p2=101

Just seems worse and worse :-? (for me)
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
Pax25
Colonel

Post by Pax25 »

Hullu Hevonen wrote:I'm up for it, though Could I bargain with Gameranger? maybe use hamachi instead?

I have a serious problem with IE9(therefore also flash, and Gameranger), it refuses to update to the new stable version and it can't be removed. I might be able to fix the problem and get it working for next session, though i ain't sure.

EDIT: just used a timeconverter, it showed the playtime is a 4 at night. :-?
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/c ... 210&p2=101

Just seems worse and worse :-? (for me)
Sorry Hullu. Gameranger worked just fine for us for 27 sessions in a row, so I think we will stick with that.
"In any good multiplayer wargame, the only 'house rule' that should be needed, is that there are no rules." -Pax25
GameRanger # 406426
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

ok, i'm not in :-(, I wish you all good luck in you coming struggle!
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
The Mithar Empire
Lieutenant

Post by The Mithar Empire »

Is this the one where each US state is its own country?
Pax25
Colonel

Post by Pax25 »

The Mithar Empire wrote:Is this the one where each US state is its own country?
No. That's Shattered World. I'm not opposed to playing that if the majority wants to instead of World 2020. However, I prefer the players to be in close so there is lots of player versus player contact. For example, we all pick a state and play the Un-Civil War scenerio.
GameRanger # 406426
KenG
Sergeant

Post by KenG »

Hi Pax,
Long time, no see. I've been playing a little solo SR2020 again after a long layoff, and would like to join this campaign to get back into MP. I can't make the first session on 4/19 as I'll be out of town. But after that, Tuesdays are a good day for me.

Any medium sized country would be ok: Poland, Japan, Egypt, Mexico are the first that come to mind.

I'm KenG on GameRanger, same as in BattleGoat and Paradox.
Pax25
Colonel

Post by Pax25 »

KenG wrote:Hi Pax,
Long time, no see. I've been playing a little solo SR2020 again after a long layoff, and would like to join this campaign to get back into MP. I can't make the first session on 4/19 as I'll be out of town. But after that, Tuesdays are a good day for me.

Any medium sized country would be ok: Poland, Japan, Egypt, Mexico are the first that come to mind.

I'm KenG on GameRanger, same as in BattleGoat and Paradox.
Hey Ken, great to hear from you. Glad you are still playing Supreme Ruler. It's definitely a game that grows on you over time.

Happy to include you in the new game. Feel free to take any of those countries (just let me know which one in a post). We can even put off the first round for an extra week. I want to give everyone more of a chance to sign up anyhow.

I'm leaning towards going back to my ancestral roots and taking Italy.
GameRanger # 406426
ZT Strike
Major

Post by ZT Strike »

India
-ZT Strike
The Mithar Empire
Lieutenant

No. That's Shattered World. I'm not opposed to playing that if the majority wants to instead of World 2020. However, I prefer the players to be in close so there is lots of player versus player contact. For example, we all pick a state and play the Un-Civil War scenerio.
Oh, ok, World 2020 is fine, I was just making sure. I'm going most likely with Germany or Greece.
Pax25
Colonel

Post by Pax25 »

The Mithar Empire wrote:
Oh, ok, World 2020 is fine, I was just making sure. I'm going most likely with Germany or Greece.
Ok. Post when you decide.
GameRanger # 406426
The Mithar Empire
Lieutenant

Also, is it possible that it is put at a different time, because I have karate class @ 8 pm CDT so I can't play (the only reason I was able to play the few times I did was because class was cancelled or I was sick.) I mean if it is not too much to ask, but perhaps wednesdays @ 7 pm?
Pax25
Colonel

Post by Pax25 »

The Mithar Empire wrote:Also, is it possible that it is put at a different time, because I have karate class @ 8 pm CDT so I can't play (the only reason I was able to play the few times I did was because class was cancelled or I was sick.) I mean if it is not too much to ask, but perhaps wednesdays @ 7 pm?
Sorry, I'm not available on Wednesdays.
GameRanger # 406426
Pax25
Colonel

IMPORTANT - CHANGE OF START DATE

Post by Pax25 »

I changed the start date of this campaign to next Tuesday, April 26th. That way KenG can make the start and hopefully we can get some more players.
GameRanger # 406426
Ivan
Warrant Officer

Post by Ivan »

Yea I will be in this one too. Sign me up for the Ukraine, I might just care about my points this time.

Return to “Multiplayer Games”