The Domino Effect-MP

Put all your MP game discussions right here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Theguvna
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

The Domino Effect-MP

Post by Theguvna »

The Domino Effect, is going to be a revitalized Vietnam war.
Back Story

CONFIDENTIAL. UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT FILE #40325. VIETNAM HISTORY STARTING FROM 2017

In a seemingly random move, Vietnam decided that enough is enough. The Oilgarch's in power have feared a new "hip" democratic reform. Young troops, often 20 or younger, marched into Ho Chi Minh City. The troops open fired on a peaceful protest. The video was smuggled out. The video shows that the soldiers shoot at the crowd, and beat many defenseless women and children. A increasingly anti-communist uprising is seen. Despite the original protest, things turn violent. Many people, as young as 10 are seen throwing molotovs and rocks at the heavily armed riot police. With this new information, China is afraid to take action, Cambodia is speechless, and the West is outraged. The West decide that enough is enough. Diplomatic relations are severed. The only three countries that come to the defense of Vietnam, are Belarus, Russia, and Burma. Vietnam, in a "do or die" policy, takes severe measures, and starts funding communist and fundamentalist cells all over the world. At 2:00 AM GMT, many diplomatic and communications controls go blank. Iran, India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iraq, Israel, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Cyprus, Greece, Turkey, Lebanon, Jordan, Qatar and Bahrain, are all effected. At 3:00 AM, it becomes clear. A nuclear explosion has gone off inside of Tel-Aviv. Hundreds of thousands of people are killed instantly. Many later die of radiation poisoning. Palestine is being held in check, only by a few poorly trained units. CSIS, CIA, and MI6 investigate. At first, they point to Al-Qaeda. After a long search, no evidence is found. They move onto Hezbollah. Once again, no links are found. At last, a new terrorist group is found. Brothers of the Holy land, a recently created terrorist organization consisting of mainly Muslim men, who have had relatives die in the various wars and terrorist acts against Israel. The group has sprung out of the ground, and was only guesstimated to be about half-a year old. The question was, where did this funding come from? After ticketing a man in a traffic stop in Ridyah, the Saudi Arabian authorities turn over this suspicious man to the intel agencies. After a horrible, interrogation, filled with torture the involved country is clear. VIETNAM The west is now fuming. Even countries that were previously anti-Israel are angry. A disgruntled US general was noted to say. "A country with a nuclear boner, can not be trusted. EVER" President Guvna, of the United States decided. "War was our last choice, but, we are faced with horrible circumstances, and we are dealing with a Hitler revisited!"
END OF FILE. BURN AFTER READING

Sadly, this has some house rules, simply because something like this needs it.
Israel, will have to destroy some of units, because a nuclear attack happened. Half of the facilities around Tel-Aviv will be destroyed
Egypt, refrain from destroying a weakened Israel
Vietnam, the US will be giving you nuclear weapons tech, but nothing else. Just enough tech to produce simple nuclear bombs. If things go to hell, and all diplomacy breaks down, you are the one DOWing, not the powers. Just so we can't have stupid UN kicks

Any volunteers?
Main Powers (These need to be taken first)
United States-Guvna
UK-*
Vietnam-*
Russia-*
Belarus-*
Israel(This is just so Israel wont destroy its self like an idiot)
Minor powers (Any country goes, just state your country and it will fly with me, try to use countries listed in the story if you please)
NONE

All of the options will be normal, except Crit-UN

First MP, tell me whats wrong. The game will be hosted when I can muster enough people. 2 day warning will be given to all powers when I get enough people.
Hullu Hevonen
General

Re: The Domino Effect-MP

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

I would be interested, though I have other games during the week,weekend. I can't promise i'll join, have to review the times.
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
comrade.seawolf
Lt. Colonel

Post by comrade.seawolf »

Sounds good! I'm the same as Hullu, I currently have other games to attend to, but if the times fit, I'm in.
Theguvna
Warrant Officer

Post by Theguvna »

I feel neglected and unloved
:C
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

how so? 2 replied, thats good, I've posted similar multiplayer requests any only once did it lead to a game, SR2020GC is a single player game with possiblility to multiplayer, same are most members on the forums.
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

You will find, the more house rules the harder to get players. Just the way it is.. when you couple it with the extremely long times it takes to accomplish anything worthwhile in game, just does not lend itself to most most styles.
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
S-Wes
Sergeant

Post by S-Wes »

Interesting Story, but a few problems, 1 I am not sure about the techs that are needed for nuclear weapons production, but I know said tech is non-tradeable... so it will still be almost a year before Vietnam would get nukes. 2, you are extremely limiting people in how their countries are to be played. 3, Vietnam is crap and its one of the main nations in your story... they are not set up economically, politically or militarily to really do anything. Also, with that many player made changes you would need aid, support, or dam good micromanagement of a military just to survive AI neighbors. Without China, your game really just seems like a stacked deck, with you as the States. Don't get me wrong, I love playing the underdog and good RP is always fun, but there is a limit to both.

Personally, A story that involves more of the world, sets it up to go various ways and generally gives more freedom to see what happens would be perferable. Cause really as it stands it appears ww3 will start somewhere between Jan 1 2020 and Jan 2 2020

All that being said... if you can find enough people and there is time, I am in, got the same time constraints as Hullu and seawolf. Shotty Israel, or Russia,
Frekerellik
Corporal

Post by Frekerellik »

I'd play it.

Return to “Multiplayer Games”