New Multiplayer

Put all your MP game discussions right here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Sergey Golovko
Captain

Re: New Multiplayer

Post by Sergey Golovko »

I don't have that capability. I live in an apartment and I have free internet, albeit through their modem. I either have to figure out Hamachi or I can't use multiplayer from what I've gathered.
A soldier fights for his comrades. I fought for my family. You and our troop were my only family. The workers and peasants may not understand, but your men will. Why do you think we loved you?
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

ain't it slow to play with a modem? is it even possible/bearable? Hamachi is simple to use, install, then 1. launch hamachi, 2. click network 3. there "join an existing network" or "create an existing network". then you launch games using the hamachi ip or often you don't need to do that but instead you just go to the games LAN games and the game pops up there :D
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
GIJoe597
Board Admin
Human: Yes

Post by GIJoe597 »

As a rule I do not use 3rd party software, I even refused to use GR at first. But then BG bundled it with SR, now they are distributing it with a legal purchase, which means they bear some responsibility. Which is why I am using it now.

As far as speed, I have never used anything else other than direct computer to computer connection and it was no slower or faster than GR. It is slow by 21st century standards, especially considering games made 10 - 15 years ago run faster in net MP mode. But you work with the limitations you have and the speed is bearable in MP.
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
Sergey Golovko
Captain

Post by Sergey Golovko »

I'll give Hamachi a try. If I figure it out, I'll post a new thread about the game with the guidelines and a country sign up. I'd like to get it going ASAP.
A soldier fights for his comrades. I fought for my family. You and our troop were my only family. The workers and peasants may not understand, but your men will. Why do you think we loved you?
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

I will have to pass since you will be using hamachi, but I will follow the reports of the game and look forward to them.
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

We could try without any Hamachi or GameRanger. I have though never played native(direct ip etc.) otside lan play in SR2020.
Happy Linux user!
Sergey Golovko
Captain

Post by Sergey Golovko »

I don't know my exact IP though, because it IS an NAT router. We can try direct IP anyways, but Hamachi may be easier if we get additional players.
comrade.seawolf
Lt. Colonel

Post by comrade.seawolf »

Sergey Golovko wrote:I don't know my exact IP though, because it IS an NAT router. We can try direct IP anyways, but Hamachi may be easier if we get additional players.
I'd certainly be up for a Hamachi game, as long as my schedule permits it. A friend of mine plays Hamachi too, although I'm not sure if he's on the BG forums...
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

Could you find out if he's on bgforums, would be great with more player. I posted times who should fit for me. What times fit for you guys?
Happy Linux user!
Sergey Golovko
Captain

Post by Sergey Golovko »

I'm good anytime on weekends, while on weekdays I can do after 1700EST on Monday and Wednesday, after 1400 on Tuesday and Thursday, and after 1300 EST on Friday.

Also, when i make the game thread, I'll be using GMT. It makes it easier for everyone.
comrade.seawolf
Lt. Colonel

Post by comrade.seawolf »

Ok, he is on BG forums, and I have notified him of the game. I'll get back to you on that once I know more. As for times, anything except Tuesdays and Thursdays after 4:00PM PST works for me generally.
Sergey Golovko
Captain

Post by Sergey Golovko »

Return to “Multiplayer Games”