MP Campaign: World 2020 III - Sign Up & AAR - COMPLETED

Put all your MP game discussions right here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

GIJoe597
Board Admin
Human: Yes

Re: MP Campaign: World 2020 III - Sign Up & AAR

Post by GIJoe597 »

My isp tech support cannot figure out why GR does not work, nor can I. I guess I am out of this game. I simply cannot get the GR program to run, nor can I even re download it as the website does not respond.

Have fun.
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

I would like to confirm that no other players on GameRanger have Baja as an ISP? Could you please list your ISP here?

Baja tech HQ in Atlanta also cannot connect to gameranger, so they are thinking for whatever reason GR is blocking Baja. They have sent a message to the GR guy and assure me as soon as something develops they will call me back. Its all gobly gook to me..
Last edited by GIJoe597 on Mar 03 2011, edited 1 time in total.

Pax25
Colonel

Session #21 - COMPLETE

Post by Pax25 »

TOTAL SCORE (as of 2/26/2026):

South Africa (Hoss) - 30,910**
Nigeria (Servo) - 30,501**
Australia (Tyler) - 29,629
Switzerland (Gen.Morgan) - 29,361**
Iran (Ivan) - 28,553
Spain (Jaggeria) - 27,739
United Kingdom (Garth) - 27,364**
Germany (Pax25) - 27,064
United States (GIJoe597) - 24,486**

**AI for tonight's session.
"In any good multiplayer wargame, the only 'house rule' that should be needed, is that there are no rules." -Pax25
GameRanger # 406426
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Totally meant to play yesterday but I got distracted and by the time I remembered it was like midnight :oops:
Sorry i missed guys see you next tuesday.(barring anymore brain farts)
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
The Mithar Empire
Lieutenant

Post by The Mithar Empire »

AAR: Morocco's Corrupt Bargain

After last week's game I was poised to take Morocco's capital, so once again I donned my spanish crown and continued my campaign. I maneuvered my remaining forces in Morocco to recapture the land that was lost and then continue onward towards the capital. However, suddenly a flood of units erupted out of Morocco's central territories as if they were spawned from the depths of hell. I cried out in anguish as my conquered lands were slowly eaten away, when it was pointed out to me that the units were, or appeared to be, of US design. So either towards the end of last week's game, or the beginning of this game, the US (OOC: who was AI during both games) apparently sent Morocco left-over or outdated units and made this a proxy war, to which my treasury was digging deeper and deeper into the red. Once my invasion forces were obliterated, I had no choice but to address my economic woes. I dropped down to DEFCON 3, I even tried to parlay for peace with Morocco so I could go even go lower, but to no avail. However, my allies were having their own issues that prevented them sending me the necessary aid (plus the fact that my treasury hit at its lowest of ~30 B since I began playing), so I did what I could only do. My taxes were set through the roof (94.7%), and I cut spending from social assistance, cultural, and family subsidies, but I increased spending in infrastructure. I also had to halt all unit production and reserve some units. I then resorted to something I normally do in single-player games, I started acting like a salesman and went around to my AI-controlled allies to sell techs for cash. However somethings astonished me, for example my two main middle-eastern allies: Egypt and Iraq, were swimming in dough, about 350B and 250B respectively. I didn't understand, but nonetheless towards the middle of the game, I managed to pull myself out of the red, so I started some unit production (as much as I could afford without going into the red again) so that I can be prepared for when Morocco goes into the red. Since my war with them, Morocco has floated around 2 and 1 B and was on steep decline towards the end of this game, so once they hit the red, then Morocco will be open to attack, because they won't be able to afford to repair damaged units or make new ones.
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

I got call from my ISP support people they asked me to try to connect to GR website again. I did and I could. I have it re-downloaded and can log into it again. So I should be available for next tuesdays game. Sorry :P

Pax25
Colonel

Post by Pax25 »

GIJoe597 wrote:I got call from my ISP support people they asked me to try to connect to GR website again. I did and I could. I have it re-downloaded and can log into it again. So I should be available for next tuesdays game. Sorry :P
That's great news Joe. Not the same without you. See you tomorrow night.
"In any good multiplayer wargame, the only 'house rule' that should be needed, is that there are no rules." -Pax25
GameRanger # 406426
Pax25
Colonel

Game is Up...

Post by Pax25 »

GameRanger # 406426
tyler2114
Lieutenant

Post by tyler2114 »

AUSTRALIAN SECRET FILES LEAK

To the Australian National Archives
Australia has become more powerful than ever before. It is now a nuclear power, has many technologys other nations do not have, and posess an adequate military for the nation. It is self sufficent in most resources including the ever more scarce resource of Petroleum. Diplomatically, we are fine, we have the USA on our side and our new alliance with Iran is working to its full advantage for both of us. We are concerned with Nigeria, Iran has been loyal to its word and has not advanced past Egypt in Africa. Our loyalty on the international stage shall be tested for sure. We have also sent a letter to the United Kingdom seperating their Queen from our nation and taking the path of full seperation from the UK. Multiple arms deals were made with Iran and the United Kingdom. These however, are confidential. We hope to secure our future from the threats that surround us.

God Bless Australia

Dated: 2026

Prime Minister Tyler2114
Pax25
Colonel

Session #22 - COMPLETE

Post by Pax25 »

TOTAL SCORE (as of 6/2/26):

Nigeria (Servo) - 31,613
Australia (Tyler) - 31,105
Iran (Ivan) - 29,484
Germany (Pax25) - 28,665
Spain (Jaggeria) - 28,087**
United States (GIJoe597) - 25,967

**AI for tonight's session.

NOTE: Those players that have missed two sessions in a row (without posting) are removed from the weekly scoreboard and considered AI. However, they are free and welcome to return any time.
GameRanger # 406426
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Nigerian State of the Nation

Tonight I want to begin on a positive note. That is.. the Nigerian nation is strong, we enjoy a universal literacy rate..a strong economy and social programs. The Nigerian nation leaps forward in technology, industry and education. We are Blessed to have the Freedoms and lives of relative luxury so many around the world wish to have, as can be noted in the huge amounts of immigrants passing over our borders every day.

However as we look around the world we see continued aggression, war and the suffering it leads to. The stalwarts of freedom are few. The U.S. has become a grand empire controlling a vast majority of what were once free sovereign nations. Australia preaches of the defense of free nations while turning a blind eye to the people of Egypt.. Yemen and whomever else falls into the sights of the aggressive Iranian regime. Backroom dealings of Heads of nations to divvy up the world for conquest has become the norm. This practice is not acceptable to free people, and will not be accepted as binding international agreements by Nigeria.

My message to the Nigerian people is this. We will stand strong against the Imperial aspirations of so many. Those nations who accept the right of free sovereign nations to decide their own destiny will continue to find a friend in the Nigerian Government, its people and its Military. Those who continue to wage wars of conquest and aggression will continue to see resistance from those of us who still believe in Freedom... Nigeria and its people.

Tough times are most certainly ahead for the Nigerian people.. we must not forget that the defenders of freedom are few. Where many bow to greed and an addiction to power.. we must stand together as a people who will not tolerate injustice and stand firm in our principles. Else the flames of freedom and sovereign nations will surely be extinguished by the conquests of madmen and dictators.
Thank you good night.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
The Mithar Empire
Lieutenant

Post by The Mithar Empire »

Man, sorry that I missed it this week, but going by the AAR's that have been posted, looks like things are really getting interesting I just hope the AI didn't mess my beloved Spain up to badly.
razor1977
Warrant Officer

Post by razor1977 »

hey guys this is hoss, settling in took longer that i anticipated, but i will be on this coming tuesday....till then have a good one :D
Pax25
Colonel

Post by Pax25 »

razor1977 wrote:hey guys this is hoss, settling in took longer that i anticipated, but i will be on this coming tuesday....till then have a good one :D
No problem. Great to have you back.
GameRanger # 406426
Ivan
Warrant Officer

Post by Ivan »

Iranian AAR.
(A tank commander's Journal)

It has been such a sort time ago when we where at risk of becoming a client state to Israel. Those where dark times, times I would rather not remember however I must. I must remember the men before me that gave their lives to insure that we would succeed. How we have, our ruler entered with impossible goals and unpopular policy of a greater Iran. Few trusted him even fewer thought it could be done, kicking and screaming our people where dragged into war after war. Thousands of people died, but we succeeded. Saudi Arabia is now rightfully ours. Egypt is our frontier rather than Tehran, and the few that oppose us would not dare challenge us.

However there are still trying times ahead. There are those among us that wish to stop our rightful journey to super power. There are those who would like nothing more than to see our country burn. there are those who plant bombs at factories and support our enemies, we know who those people are.

Though what ever I write on these pages pales in comparison to my mission. As the ship rocks back and forth we do not know are destination. We do not know what is before us, however we are prepared.

Return to “Multiplayer Games”