MP Campaign: World 2020 III - Sign Up & AAR - COMPLETED

Put all your MP game discussions right here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Pax25
Colonel
Human: Yes

Re: MP Campaign: World 2020 III - Sign Up & AAR - COMPLETED

Post by Pax25 »

GIJoe597 wrote:I may have to pass on this round, I am getting more and more frustrated with the snails pace of mp.
That's too bad Joe, you will definitely be missed if you decide not to play. Besides, you need to defend your title of Supreme Ruler??

If you want more excitement, I recommend taking a country in Europe next to more human players. I never tell anyone how to play their games, but if you would have been engaged with the other players from the start, you wouldn't have found the game as slow. You were pretty much alone for most of the game. In my opinion, a powerful USA should throw its weight around just for kicks. Tell the other players not to do this or that, otherwise they will cease to exist, etc. I tried to do this as best I could with Iran, just to spice things up.

By the way, I loaded the final save as USA, and was quite impressed with your streamlined army. (that's where I got the 100-200 units, which were deployed). I realize now I made a huge mistake of not maxing out my defcon level and troop maintenence (like you did). However, you had a lot more money than me (which you burned through quickly I saw), but I'm not sure what the consequences would have been for me had I gone bankrupt. I've never gone bankrupt, so I wouldn't know how it affects the armed forces. Can you maintain that efficiency even if you are bankrupt? Or does it just affect repairs, and buying oil, etc.?
"In any good multiplayer wargame, the only 'house rule' that should be needed, is that there are no rules." -Pax25
GameRanger # 406426
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

I am not suggesting I was bored, and that is why the game is slow to me, I am flat out typing the game runs slow..

I have never run out of money completely so I am not sure what happens. I was indeed burning money fast not only did I have military and defcon maxed I was repaying all those bonds. However, when you move defcon to 3 it is still a positive income.. even with everything else set to max. That is probably why my units performed so well against yours. I did not pay attention to what type of units you had, were they comparable to mine tech wise? I was busy with Iran, whom I perceived as more of a threat since he bordered me :)
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
italianguard135
Lieutenant

Post by italianguard135 »

I would like to join your guys game. I do not have internet at my house right now so i will only be able to play every now and then. I have had this game for six months now and i am finally ready to try against other human players.
KenG
Sergeant

Post by KenG »

This campaign has ended, but a new one has started. Look at the thread for MP Campaign: World 200 IV.

We play on Tuesday nights, 8 pm cst (central usa).
LiKaapstad
Colonel

Post by LiKaapstad »

Can I join as well? :D
NO PROP 8 California...Equality for ALL
Pax25
Colonel

Post by Pax25 »

Sure. Just post in the appropriate thread containing the new campaign.
"In any good multiplayer wargame, the only 'house rule' that should be needed, is that there are no rules." -Pax25
GameRanger # 406426

Return to “Multiplayer Games”