MP Campaign: World 2020 III - Sign Up & AAR - COMPLETED

Put all your MP game discussions right here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

ZT Strike
Major
Human: Yes

Post Session 1

Post by ZT Strike »

So much has changed in Russia in under 3 months. Wave after wave of shocking news has come. It all started with the rise of the new Commander of Russia. For years Russia's civil war has plagued the country. However, on January the First General Strike won a decisive victory and rolled his army into Moscow. In a ceremony that ended the civil war, Strike was given the title "Commander of Russia." Strike had many problems to think about from the start. A wrecked economy, outdated army, technological deficient, numerous enemies, and lack of a supporting population; all gave Strike reasons to worry. However, Strike had plans. He saw what Russia could be, a state that could be one of the envies of the world. On January the Second, Strike made a speech to his new nation, saying that he would implement his new system of Neo-Communism and bring Russia into a new age. He had no Idea, the horror that would come in the next few days...

In the first week, many basic programs were launched to reorganize Russia. From the economy to the military, nothing was left untouched. But unknown to Strike and the Russian people, forces were at work to make sure Russia would never rise to anything worth recognition. On January the Fifteenth, with the promised support of China, North Korea declared War on Russia. Coming as a complete shock to the Russians, Strike ordered a full mobilization and reorganization of the military. Luckily, the North Korean commanders had poorly executed their mobilization, giving Russia time to mobilize, organize, and move out. Though a North Korean Recon unit moved into Russian territory, North Korea would not get forces into Russia. Russia was able to move a assault division from the Third Army. The Russians moved across the border and into North Korea. The Russians took few casualties to their counterparts, as of having a kill/death ratio of 1/10. Over the period of a week, the Russians attacked and took a major North Korean Base near the border, following which put a large city under siege. Though things were going in the Russians favor, this would only begin the nightmare.

Ten days after the North Korean DOW, China seeing that the Russians were gaining ground and more effective than was thought of, Declared War on Russia. Russia, having almost all of the Third Army in Korea at this time, was caught in a bad position. As soon as the news made it to Moscow, Strike ordered to have the First and Second Army moved from Western Russia to Manchuria. China, like North Korea, had also failed to mobilize properly. No Chinese solider would set foot in Russia. With Russia's Siberian Guard already mobilized, the Russians started to push into Manchuria. The first fighting was quick and with little losses to either side. Around this time, Strike issued a statement to the Russian people. "We will win forward to absolute Victory!" This message was seen by the Russian people as redundant, the country was hardly united and many figured that the Chinese Army would run over the Siberian Guard. They would be surprised at things to come.

With Soviet made weapons, the Russians took the fight to China. By the first week in February, the Russian First and Second Armies were arriving in theater and moving toward their objectives. Most of the first full scale fighting was between the Third Army, pinched between Chinese and North Korean forces, at the Russian, Chinese, Korean border. By the end of the week, the Russians had stopped the Chinese assault and the North Korean Army was beginning to dissolve. North Korea had run out of supplies and ammo, it would be a matter of time till they fell. Progress on other fronts was something that could be questioned as progress. The First Army was caught down due to a lack of supplies in Northwestern Manchuria. The Second Army had only been able to take one city, most of it was still reorganizing and arriving.

Manchuria proved to be a problem for both sides. Siberia and Manchuria are isolated places with few roads and railways. Where there was a way of transportation, there was many forces and fighting. The second week of February was interesting at least. North Korea without thought or reason Declared War on South Korea. South Korea had no problems in attacking the North due to already being exhausted by the Russians. However, the South would not make a serious effort in moving north. The First Army made progress by attacking and taking a railway depot, here they resupplied and began the drive into North-central Manchuria. The Second Army had grouped up and took a series of towns and small cities, moving to group up with the First Army. The Third army had made a little progress in Korea, however would not make any further gains. With the North Korean Army dissolving, the Russians turned their full attention to China. The Russians took another series of cities and production facilities. They would besiege the command city of the area. With these victories, Strike united the Russians. Seeing that Victory could be made, Russians across the nation energized to fight the Chinese.

The Third week would see great gains for Russia. The First and Second Armies made a pincer movement to attack and take Qiqihar. After joining forces, the Russian Army moved toward Daqing and began to attack it. Meanwhile, the Third Army became tied down in a drawn out series of Skirmishes. Thought Casualties had reached 150,000 for China, and 80,000 for Russia, the Civilian death toll had already become very high. 1.5 million Chinese had already died from intercity fighting.

The Final week of February bought more interesting news. The Russians took Daqing after very heavy fighting. Russia lost 20,000, China lost 35,000, and there were 250,000 civilian deaths. Daqing proved to be very useful to the Russians. With captured Chinese facilities, Russia resupplied and reorganized its forces there. The Army had swelled to over 100,000 troops. They began to move toward Chinese Manchurian Headquarters, Harbin. By the end of the week fighting had started at the outer edges of the city.

The First week of March was very Bloody. The Russian Third Army captured Mudanjiang. And the Main Army captured Harbin on the 7th. Both sides took extreme casualties in the fight for Harbin. In the end, the wave of Russian troops and tanks overwhelmed the Chinese. China was broken, and sent on the retreat from Harbin. With Harbin Captured, Chinese resistance in Northern Manchuria faltered. The Second Week saw the Russian Main and Third Armies group and surround Jilin. They took it within 2 days. Afterward, they moved to take the last major city of Northern Manchuria, Changchun. Fighting lasted 2 to 3 days, however was far lighter than what was experienced before.

Now that Northern Manchuria in all but in Russian hands, plans begin for the assault on Southern Manchuria. However this may prove to be harder than what the Russians have experienced so far. The Russians have suffered greatly, paying 200,000 lives into the war with China and North Korea. Though North Korea is out of commission, China is far from over. The Southern Manchurian Army is prepared to meet the Russian Advance, and its a long way to go before the Russians can take Beijing. However, before moving on, Russian must do the best to fix the problems at home. The War is costly, losing 4 billion dollars a day. The cost in human life is already to high for the Russians. With 200,000 gone just from Northern Manchuria, and 5 million civilian casualties, this war may prove to be just too costly. The Russians must also deal with the fact that they are using Soviet Era weapons, many of which are falling apart under the strains of War. In the end, one question Remains, will this war prove to be at to much a cost to Russia, or will a new Russia rise to Absolute Victory?
Last edited by ZT Strike on Jul 28 2010, edited 1 time in total.
-ZT Strike
Lord Jitter
Warrant Officer

Re: Session #1 - COMPLETE

Post by Lord Jitter »

Pax25 wrote: Don't underestimate Lord Jitter though who is likely plotting from his terrorist camps in Algeria.
They arnt my terriost camps just places where I send the money from all the oil revenue

AAR will come soon after seeing ZT I need to do something good
"Let fly the white flag of war"
"That's the problem with Neutrals - you never know where you stand. Damn them and their neutrality."
From the great Captain Zapp Brannigan
Hundane
General

Re: MP Campaign: World 2020 III - Sign Up & AAR

Post by Hundane »

Awesome stuffs ZT.
ZT Strike
Major

Post by ZT Strike »

Lord Jitter wrote:after seeing ZT I need to do something good
Hundane wrote:Awesome stuffs ZT.
@ Jitter: lol
@ Hundane: thanks, that took me just over an hour to type. Usually type faster, but I had to go over figures and names. Too bad we didn't get to play before man.
-ZT Strike
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

Sorry I missed it. Will do my best to be there next tuesday.
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
Pax25
Colonel

Post by Pax25 »

GIJoe597 wrote:Sorry I missed it. Will do my best to be there next tuesday.
No worries, look forward to seeing you next week.
"In any good multiplayer wargame, the only 'house rule' that should be needed, is that there are no rules." -Pax25
GameRanger # 406426
Pax25
Colonel

Reminder: Session #2

Post by Pax25 »

Just a reminder, this campaign will continue tomorrow (Tuesday) at 6 pm CST. New players welcome.
"In any good multiplayer wargame, the only 'house rule' that should be needed, is that there are no rules." -Pax25
GameRanger # 406426
k4l4sh
Sergeant

Post by k4l4sh »

Can I be South Africa?
Pax25
Colonel

Post by Pax25 »

k4l4sh wrote:Can I be South Africa?
Yes, you can be whatever country you want. Just meet up on Gameranger at 6 CST. If you are behind a router be prepared to go direct if for some reason you can't connect.
GameRanger # 406426
k4l4sh
Sergeant

Post by k4l4sh »

Pax25 wrote:
k4l4sh wrote:Can I be South Africa?
Yes, you can be whatever country you want. Just meet up on Gameranger at 6 CST. If you are behind a router be prepared to go direct if for some reason you can't connect.
Everything works, ZT did a test game last week. I've got the latest savegame in the correct folder. I think I'm ready :)
ZT Strike
Major

Post by ZT Strike »

Great game, I would love to post another great AAR, but I'm wiped out. Will post tomorrow when the brain isn't fried from killing Chinese.
-ZT Strike
Pax25
Colonel

Session #2 - COMPLETE

Post by Pax25 »

Thanks guys for another great session. It was too bad we couldn't get K4l4sh to connect this time, but hopefully he'll come back and we can get him connected in the future.

The night was dominated once again by ZT Strike's performance against China. China continues to be an international periah as it has been expelled from the United Nations and country after country continues to declare war against it. Tonight we also witnessed the downfall and elimination of North Korea.

In Germany, I continue to be at a crossroads. All of Europe, sans Ukraine, Estonia, and Hungary, who I managed to form an alliance with at a large cost, seem diplomatically concerned with my nation. Therefore, will I partner with France and play the role of expansionist Germany, when I get tired of importing petro to feed my oil hungry civilians, or will I continue down a peaceful path, keeping a close eye on France, and only reacting to any aggressive moves against my sovoreignty? Who knows, but those North Sea Oil Rigs are starting to look more and more enticing with each passing day.

TOTAL SCORE:

RUSSIA (ZT Strike) - 2,215
SWITZERLAND (Gen.Morgan) - 2,116
ALGERIA (Lord Jitter) - 1,895*
GERMANY (Pax25) - 1,734

*AI for tonight's session.
GameRanger # 406426
Pax25
Colonel

Session #3 - Reminder

Post by Pax25 »

Session #3 of this multiplayer game will begin at 6 CST tomorrow (tues.). All welcome. Plenty of good countries still available.
GameRanger # 406426
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

As before, will do my best to be there, but, 5 pm...
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
Pax25
Colonel

Post by Pax25 »

GIJoe597 wrote:As before, will do my best to be there, but, 5 pm...
If you can't make it on time just post in this thread and we will come and get u. I get notices of new posts on my cell phone.
GameRanger # 406426

Return to “Multiplayer Games”