MP Campaign: World 2020 III - Sign Up & AAR - COMPLETED

Put all your MP game discussions right here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Fistalis
General
Human: Yes

Re: MP Campaign: World 2020 III - Sign Up & AAR

Post by Fistalis »

Kiril wrote:Woah. Well there goes my plans. I'll take a look at the save file.
Fistalis wrote:
Kiril wrote:If possible, I would like to join. If no one currently has China, I'll take it. Name is Kiril Sokolov
China is gone as well.. this game seems a bit far along to be joining now. But I'll keep looking.
Just so you know kiril. All of north south and central america is controlled by the U.S.
The only place there are still a lot of standing nations is africa.
I No point in joining in this late in the game unless its just to poke around with a minor nation.
Is there anything available in the middle east? ..or is it under control of one nation?
Middle east is pretty much open from what I see.
But the U.S. can pretty much steam roll the whole world at this point, controls india and parts of asia as well as the whole western hemisphere (barring minor island nations).
So like I said.. if your willing to putt around with a minor nation under the threat of a U.S. invasion at anytime you might be good. (which is what i'll be doing if i join lol). Don't get me wrong.. you can still go for a score win.. quite a few african nations are higher on the score board than the U.S or any of the major players.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
Pax25
Colonel

Post by Pax25 »

Feel free to join. Just download the save and take a look.

Your best bet is somewhere in Africa and Middle East.

We will likely start another game when this one is finished, so this will be good practice, and besides it's just for fun anyhow.

Meet on Gameranger tonight at 7 CST. I'll add you to the player roster after you successfully complete a session.
"In any good multiplayer wargame, the only 'house rule' that should be needed, is that there are no rules." -Pax25
GameRanger # 406426
Kiril
Lieutenant

Post by Kiril »

I'll be sure to join. Also, a small problem, when I try to load the save file, I get nothing to load. Encountering a problem as it seems.
Pax25
Colonel

Post by Pax25 »

Kiril wrote:I'll be sure to join. Also, a small problem, when I try to load the save file, I get nothing to load. Encountering a problem as it seems.
Save it to mydocuments/mygames/supremeruler/savegames/multiplayer. Then host your own multiplayer game in the options menu. That should allow you to see whatever country you want. If you don't have a multiplayer folder in "savegames", you need to create one (if you've never played MP before).
"In any good multiplayer wargame, the only 'house rule' that should be needed, is that there are no rules." -Pax25
GameRanger # 406426
Kiril
Lieutenant

Post by Kiril »

So that's what I was doing wrong. :lol:

Thank you!
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Pax25 wrote:
Kiril wrote:I'll be sure to join. Also, a small problem, when I try to load the save file, I get nothing to load. Encountering a problem as it seems.
Save it to mydocuments/mygames/supremeruler/savegames/multiplayer. Then host your own multiplayer game in the options menu. That should allow you to see whatever country you want. If you don't have a multiplayer folder in "savegames", you need to create one (if you've never played MP before).
Pax beat me to it :wink:
Also running your own multiplayer real quick will make you make some of the needed exceptions in your firewall so you don't have to deal with it at game time.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
Kiril
Lieutenant

Post by Kiril »

Awesome, I've found one. Egypt.
The Mithar Empire
Lieutenant

Post by The Mithar Empire »

I think most of the Middle East are still up for grabs, though most of them are at war with Ivan (he's Iran).

Japan is open, but I doubt it will be for long. And most of Africa is free (except for South Africa), and I think Italy is open too.
Kiril
Lieutenant

Post by Kiril »

Yeah, so I have seen in the file. I'll see how I do with Egypt on this game. With the next one, I'll more in likely change.
tyler2114
Lieutenant

Post by tyler2114 »

I have no wireless internet and no good computer so i will not be able to attend this session. \Just giving a heads up
Kiril
Lieutenant

Post by Kiril »

My net decided to murder itself while I was in game. Sorry guys. I'll fix my net up and join next time you've got it set up.
Pax25
Colonel

Session #20 - COMPLETE

Post by Pax25 »

TOTAL SCORE (as of 11/15/25):

South Africa (Hoss) - 29,877
Nigeria (Servo) - 29,583
Australia (Tyler) - 28,670**
Switzerland (Gen.Morgan) - 28,348
Iran (Ivan) - 27,647
Spain (Jaggeria) - 27,523
United Kingdom (Garth) - 27,121
Germany (Pax25) - 25,993
United States (GIJoe597) - 23,814**

**AI for tonight's session.

Great game guys. Good to see Servo back.

Look forward to your own AARs...
GameRanger # 406426
The Mithar Empire
Lieutenant

Post by The Mithar Empire »

AAR: Off the Cuff

I conducted a little experiment tonight. I was playing intensely until about 8:00 pm, and I had to be somewhere by that time, so instead of forcing everyone to stop (and then subsequently also leaving me out of the fun.) I let everything on. Most particularly I started a war with Morocco and made significant headway once I landed on the other side of the Gibraltar and captured a sizeable chunk of Moroccan territory, and my experiment was to see how much of that territory I can maintain whilst away. Essentially stuffing all of the captured cities to the max with garrison, issued a final offense order to try to expand as well then let nature take its course, and I am quite pleased with the result, although, sadly, since my style of play demands total control of the economy by me, there was no one there to make sure I didn't go into the red, so on that note I ended up a little over 20k in the hole. However, the good news is that my forces managed to keep most of the territory it seized while I was away, which gives a good indication of the strength of their forces, which I could tell even before I "afk'd" was meager because a majority of their forces were artillery and I probably would had been able to capture Morocco entirely if I was playing for the full 3 hours or so. Like Portugal they concentrated their artillery around one location (a typical "strategy" of AI), however unlike Portugal, there were two key factors that make them push overs.

1.)Naval access: Morocco had a meager navy, most of which was obliterated when I began the amphibious portion of my invasion, so I was able to have my frigates shadow my land forces which would bombard enemies that came into range. For the most part, Moroccan artillery was easily out-ranged by my naval guns, so they were easy pickings.

2.)Small infantry/land forces: What made Portugal so hard to conquer was that not only did they have long-ranged artillery, but they also had a sizeable land force (inf, tanks, at, etc) that could quickly dispatch any intruders and regain territory. In Morocco that wasn't the case, at the extent of my expansion before I left, I was almost already halfway to the Moroccan capital because there were few land forces that got in my way, or protected the artillery pieces making them easy pickings.

So with that said, next week I should be able to pick up the reins again and finish off Morocco.
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

So you had 7 human players ?It would be great to see you guys keep growing that number ,til you hit the max.Be nice to hear how the game runs maxed out on human players.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
Gen.Morgan
Warrant Officer

Post by Gen.Morgan »

Had a lot of fun last night. Hope to play again next week.

Return to “Multiplayer Games”