MP Campaign: World 2020 III - Sign Up & AAR - COMPLETED

Put all your MP game discussions right here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

ZT Strike
Major
Human: Yes

Post Session IV

Post by ZT Strike »

Russia has finally ended their war with China. After much preparation, the decision was made to drive on the capital of Shanghai. It was a long drive, that proved to be somewhat costly. Fighting was heavy, however the worst was before Beijing. China fell, but the UN decided to spilt its territory with all the surrounding nations. This has angered the Russians because they are the ones who fought the battles and paid the blood. While most of china is under Russian control. Vietnam has gained Hong Kong. Russia plans to stay within itself for now, reorganizing its military and launching the largest economic boom in history. Russia wants to be a modern nation. However, with 1.2 Billion people now in Russia, a modern nation requires a lot of materials and power. Russia is capable of doing this, with effort t can go much farther than it ever dreamed. Now things are different. Russia has good relations with many countries but many are starting to wonder of Russia's motives. Things are already starting to head for a new cold war with the US. So the question stands, will Russia become a world leader of peace and prosperity, or has the downfall of China only been the start of much more?
-ZT Strike
ZAR
Warrant Officer

Re: MP Campaign: World 2020 III - Sign Up & AAR

Post by ZAR »

GIJoe597 wrote:I am a layman when it comes to computer workings, but does it not have more to do with where the host client, Gameranger, is that where any particular player may be?
Depends how lag you want your game to be . Games like this only needs one player to lag and then the hole game lag's or mabey it is more like Warcraft where you don't really notice the bag lag .Gameranger is Player to Player right ? - they are more like match making service and do not host the games . [_]OT

But still try thinking of it like this

I Call fro Argentina to Russia - will the call be good ?
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

Well trust me, SR is the slowest game I have ever played in 30 years of gaming when it comes to multiplayer. It almost makes me remember the days of PBEM fondly. Worst case scenario, you give it a try and decide your connection is too bad. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
Pax25
Colonel

Tonight's Session Will Start in 45 Minutes

Post by Pax25 »

That is all.
"In any good multiplayer wargame, the only 'house rule' that should be needed, is that there are no rules." -Pax25
GameRanger # 406426
Pax25
Colonel

Session #5 - COMPLETE

Post by Pax25 »

Wow, tonight started off on a bad note with ZT Srike (Russia) not being able to connect to the game, but after that we had our most eventful game to date in North America and Europe. First, GIJoe597 launched a shock and awe attack on Canada and defeated them in a mere weeks. Not to be outdone, I (Germany) got tired of peace and love in Europe and launched a blitzkrieg on the Czech Republic. The Czechs would fall quickly, followed by Netherlands who would regret having declared war on me. Then war declarations came from Poland, Austria, Norway, and Belgium. The Austrian capital was quickly surrounded, while stalemate lines were drawn on the other fronts. In North America, GIJoe597 would show that he wasn't quite finished by launching a successful assault on Mexico.

TOTAL SCORE:

BRAZIL (Rawhide) - 7,268**
ALGERIA (Lord Jitter) - 7,259**
RUSSIA (ZT Strike) - 7,172**
Switzerland (Gen.Morgan) - 7,111
Germany (Pax25) - 6,257
United States (GIJoe597) - 6,188

**AI for tonight's session.
"In any good multiplayer wargame, the only 'house rule' that should be needed, is that there are no rules." -Pax25
GameRanger # 406426
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

***News Flash/background***

Mar 2021 - For decades Quebec has been trying to garner support for independence from Canada. They have wanted to be a fully fledged republic of their own.

=== Archive files - History of the movement===

"During a previous era, the dream of an independent, sovereign Quebec invoked strong emotion and had an almost religious fervour to it. This was especially the case in regions where the major proportion of the population were blue-collar francophones employed by predominantly anglophone industrialists. Following the post WW2 years, Quebec's blue collar workforce saw themselves as being oppressed economically, politically and culturally by the province's anglophone population. Freedom for the pro-sovereignist francophone population meant freedom from anglophone economic and political oppression and freedom from anglophone cultural domination and assimilation.

Sovereignty for Quebec's labour movement and their pro-independence allies meant self-determination for francophones in the political, economic and cultural spheres, in a land they could call their own. The dream of an independent sovereign Quebec was born in a smokestack manufacturing economy which depended on a large, blue-collar labour force. Technological progress saw automation displace thousands of blue-collar workers from manual labour jobs and changed the way in which people work and in which they can earn a living.

Quebec's earlier independence movement had envisioned francophones acquiring control of Quebec's economy, then guiding the evolution of the province's economy, while preserving the French language and culture. The revolution in telecommunications technology has given Quebec greater access to French culture. Regular television programs from France can be broadcast directly into Quebec while French language chat rooms are available on internet programs like MSN. Advances in the information and telecommunications technology sectors now offer concerned Quebec francophones an alternative to the threat of anglophone cultural annihilation. Efforts to preserve the French language and French culture in Quebec can now be assisted by these developments.

The Marxist based dream of an independent, sovereign Quebec originated in the province's Catholic clergy and labour union movement. While this vision was relevant for a Quebec of an earlier time, it now needs extensive revision to reflect the socio-economic changes that have occurred in the province over the past three decades. Ottawa's own reluctance to divest itself of powers that could be transferred directly to private citizens at large, through the process of economic deregulation, is what adds legitimacy and credibility to secessionist movements in Quebec and in Alberta. This would ultimately be the cause of any future resurgence of pro-sovereignty support in Quebec."

=== Archive Files - U.S.A. position

"The United States of America, supports freedom movements the world over. However, we believe people should work within the laws of their government to seek a peaceful change. Elections and referendums/votes are the proper way to accomplish change, not anarchy and chaos"

=== Jan 2021 - Popular former Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot has won the Quebec provincial elections in a surprise move. Guillemot, running as the candidate for the Parti république du Québec shocked many people in Dec 2020 when he announced his party was merging with the Parti marxiste-léniniste and the Parti communiste. In a statement issued at the time, Guillemot was quoted as saying, "for years neither party could garner enough votes to make a difference, we have come to understand, together we can make a difference. When you get right down to it there was not much difference in our vision for a free and sovereign Quebec. Now, working together we can pool our resources and followers for the first time in history"

=== Guillemot has deep pockets from his years at the helm of Ubisoft. After years of deals and slowly acquiring almost every competitor, he was finally forced to retire when his plans for price fixing and his view on labor prices were revealed publicly via a leaked secret memo. He has been a staunch marxist for 50 years and has been using his position as CEO of Ubisoft to amass wealth, contacts and followers in every corner of the world.

=== Feb 2021 - During meetings with US President GIJoe, John Morrison, leader of Canada expressed grave concerns over Guillemot and his followers. They are inciting riots and promoting civil disobedience. A secret deal was struck between the two men whereby the US agreed to intervene in the event the lawful elected government of " all" of Canada requested help.

=== Mar 2021 - The crisis reached boiling point as supporters of Guillemot walked off jobs and assembled by the 10's of thousands in various locations. Many of these people wore masks and were carrying weapons ranging from Molotov Cocktails to AK 74's, there were reports of RPG's and other heavy weapons. Among the many rioters present were members of the Canadian armed forces. With his vast wealth and contacts Guillemot has "incited" much of the armed forces to join his cause. Key government buildings are occupied around the country.

Mar 4th 2021 - Morrison formally requests a direct intervention from the US citing the Feb meeting and agreement. The US honors the request and immediately starts policing action in an attempt to quell the uprising. At 0500hrs US forces pour across the border with Canada.

Mar 12th 2021. Eight days after the start of operations the last rebel stronghold falls, Morrison, who has been weathering the storm in Washington returns to Ottawa. As people take stock of the carnage that has been wrought they decide the issue is still a flash point. The English verse French feelings are very deep rooted and go back centuries. In a bold move, the remaining cabinet officials as well as provincial leaders agree to join with the US to end the eternal struggle both France and England has waged, albeit defacto, for years.

GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

*** News Flash ***

Mar 4th 2021 - Mexico City - Officials in Mexico denounce the US intervention into Canada stating it is an internal matter and should be dealt with by Canadian authorities. Mexico recalls its US ambassador from Washington.

Mar 12th 2021 - The Mexican rhetoric reached new levels today as the lawful Canadian officials agree to join the US in an attempt to curb the deep power struggle over loyalty to France or England. Many un-named sources are calling for all Mexicans in the US to protest, to stage demonstrations to disrupt commerce and everyday life.

Apr 2021 - For weeks Mexico and Mexican nationals living in the US, legally and illegally have been holding protests and in many cases riots have started. US officials report many Mexican government members are merely pawns of the drug cartels and it is the huge wealth of these organizations which are funding the movement.

May 2021 - Cartel leaders seize control of Mexican government facilities in a military coup today. The Ejército Méxicano, (Mexican Army), essentially bought off by cartel leaders lead a military uprising which installed drug lords into positions of power all across the country. They immediately announce plans to annex the South Western portion of the US. US officials secretly comment that perhaps these "leaders" should not sample their product.

May 11 2021 - With US forces on alert and stationed along the border the order is given to advance when a division of Mexican soldiers attempts to assault Brownsville, TX. US forces are eager to go and have been briefed to end this as quickly as possible. With Para forces, land assault units, Air Forces and Amphibious landings underway, the Pentagon issues the following statement. "Military forces of the US have reacted to a clear and present danger to our country. The Mexican army attempted to capture the town of Brownsville, TX. today in a early morning raid. Things did not go as they had planned. We will continue operations until stable leadership can be placed in Mexico City, that is all"

Jun 5th 2021 - Mexico city falls to advancing US forces. Cartel leaders relocate to Guadalajara.

Jun 16th 2021 - Guadalajara falls to US forces. Cartel leaders killed in last ditch attempt to flee. Mexico is in chaos, with the previous elected officials all murdered by cartel leaders upon assuming power, and the Mexican military in shambles, there is no one to restore order. Weighing the pro's and con's the US decides to annex Mexico.

ZAR
Warrant Officer

Post by ZAR »

erhm oke would give it try man ^^ . If i may o f c .
Gen.Morgan
Warrant Officer

Post by Gen.Morgan »

The Storm Breaks

War has finally come to Europe. For the last year tensions have been slowly building.
During that time the Swiss have not been idle. With the retirement of the last Chief of the Armed Forces, Lt-Gen André Blattmann. Lt-Gen Morgan was appointed to replace him. Seeing the conflict ahead, He quickly got approval from the Federal Council to rebuild the weakened army that years of peace had left them with. First he set to work improving the border guard, which would have made Henri Guisan turn in his gave. He then started replacing some of the older weapons still in use. First by buying new designs and then by greatly increasing the production of modern weapons. Meanwhile the economy boomed and trade with the world increased tenfold.

When the war broke out the Federal Assembly elected Morgan as Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, promoting him to General. There is much debate about whether Switzerland should began to mobilize, or even intervene in the conflict to protect the trade that much of the economy relies on. With U.S benevolence questioned as well as there ability to help, what shall become of Europe?

P.S This is my first AAR ever! please post your thoughts!. :-)
Last edited by Gen.Morgan on Aug 19 2010, edited 1 time in total.
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

Nicely put forth,you should write more .
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
Rawhide
Warrant Officer

Post by Rawhide »

Sorry, was in the process of building a new PC and couldn't make it last week. Assuming I can find the SR cd and all I'll be there tonight. Hopefully the AI didn't hose Brazil too badly.

I've got a quad core overclocked to 4.2GHz now, so I'll be happy to host if it would make any difference.
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

Hope to see you in game tonight!

Don't think it will make a difference. I have a I7 with 12 gigs of RAM and Win 7, 64 bit, and it does not affect game speed, even when directly connected to another computer in the same room.

Rawhide
Warrant Officer

Post by Rawhide »

Sounds good. Assuming I can get it installed, getting an error when I try - its in the support forum.
Justice
Lieutenant

Post by Justice »

Well, news that there is a regular MP game is very welcome. I've been slowly reading over much of the forums and hadn't gotten to reading up on MP games.

I will try to get GC via Gamersgate shortly, and then the v7 update in time to make it to tonight's game. I've never used GameRanger that I recall if anyone would care to share some advice on how to make this happen.
~Justice

"All men die, few men truly live."
Justice
Lieutenant

Post by Justice »

Alright,
I plunked down my $20 worth of electrons on Gamersgate, downloaded GC, updated to v7, downloaded the MP .sav file to desktop.

A little help with where to save the file to would be grand. As for which country...still pondering that one, should know shortly.
~Justice

"All men die, few men truly live."

Return to “Multiplayer Games”