MP Campaign: World 2020 III - Sign Up & AAR - COMPLETED

Put all your MP game discussions right here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

ZT Strike
Major
Human: Yes

Post Session II

Post by ZT Strike »

The soils of China have been filled with blood. So much fighting has been carried out that an American Press Agent, on June 10th, in China stated that "Their has been enough war in China since late January to feel as if the world has just ended with World War V." Its now Mid June, things have been, well no words can describe what has happened here in China. It starts back from the end of the personal commentary by Commander Strike of Russia. (Last AAR)

I was stationed to report the war from the side of the Russians in Manchuria. China hasn't allowed western reporters into the country, but I didn't want to visit the PRC military commanders in person anyway. I was deployed at Changchun, the area where the Russians were building up their forces to take Southern Manchuria. I was given word from the Russian Military Press, that Strike and the majority of Russia's generals thought that Southern Manchuria would be a blood bath. So in the light of this thought, Strike had ordered the demolition of all military units that were pre-1972. This left Russia with 10,000 less active troops, however gave them better weapons advantage. It would turn out that Strike and his generals were more right than they could possibly imagine.

In the third week of March it began. Operation Sozia, the attack on Southern Manchuria. Units from the First Army of the Russian Manchurian Army Corps started moving from Changchun to Gongzhuling. Gonzhuling was stationed with heavy Chinese units from the Fourth Class A Army Group. The Russians attacked with the usually wave of steel and metal that they always have. However, this was a different fight. These troops were not the Class B Armies that were stationed in the North. These troops were China's pride, some of the best and well equipped. The Russians fought for 2 days, pushing the Chinese out of the mid sized (mid sized for China that is) city. Though the first battle was over quicker than expected, it was very costly to both sides. Reports of the casualties couldn't get back to be organized properly to be dealt with. It wouldn't be till later that the Russians would know the price they paid. Next they moved on to Siping, a military base on the way to Manchurian HQ. Siping had the majoriy of the troops from the Fourth Class A Army Group. This battle was one of the bloodiest I have ever seen reporting. I still remember seeing a group of Russian soldiers surrounding an APC advancing. The APC took a direct hit from Chinese artillery. When I got up from the shock wave of the blast, the APC was a pile of chard, bent steel, with parts of blood stringed bodies around it. This site I don't think I will ever forget. The first assault started with heavy fighting, and after a day the majority of the units from the Russian First Army were down to half their strength. The Russians then fell back using a hold the line doctrine. They would regroup with units from the Second and Third armies and attack the following day. The assault started 16 hours after falling back. This time the Russians were relentless. After 2 days fighting, the Russians took the base. However, once again the cost was heavy to both sides.

It was now the first week of March, and the Russians were on a roll. With units from, the Russian First, Second, Third, Fourth, and Fifth Armies the Russians were ready to attack the HQ of Southern Manchuria, Shenyang. The Russians did not fail to use the momentum that they had gained in the last attack. After a quick stop in Siping to regroup with reinforcements and resupply the attack began. The Russian Corps moved at breaking speed, and slammed right into the lines of the Chinese. It was fighting on a level I had not seen before. It was the Russian Manchurian Corps vs the Chinese Third Class A Army Group. I remember that the fighting was so fierce, that there was times that for entire hours I couldn't even raise my head. The bullets zipping by, the screaming artillery, and the explosions had all made such a sight to behold. I never thought I would see such a sight in my life. The fighting lasted 3 days. So many young people lost their lives. I could hardly stand the thought of so many ended lives. Before the battle was over, I got to points where I doubted my ability to continue reporting. Such things should not be seen or heard of. The Russians took at beating, however like they always have, pushed on and on. As soon as a T-72 or T-80 had been destroyed, another was rolling up to take its place. I remember being told the days of the cold war and how everyone feared WWIII. I wondered if this was the Soviet strategy to beat NATO. However, for every Russian that fell, reports were coming in that 2 Chinese had fell. It showed the difference between the two peoples. While armed with similar weapons with similar qualities, the Russians simply fight twice as hard. After three days the fighting had finally ended. The Russians had taken heavy losses but had all but destroyed the Chinese Third Class A Army Group. With this victory, Chinese forces in Southern Manchuria were in disorder. From what I saw and was told, the Chinese thought that they would be able to repel the Russian attack. This would lead to mopping up operations in Manchuria. A nearby major city of Fushun fell in 12 hours, and then the Russians proceeded toward the next 2 major objectives; Dalian, the Yellow Sea HQ for the Chinese Navy, and Jinxi, a military base that could function as a staging area for the attack on Beijing. Within 3 days, the Russians First and Second Armies had taken Liaoyang and Anahan. By the end of March, the reports had been finally organized and filtered out. The Russians had lost 100,000 troops in 2 weeks. This was a shock to command as for this equaled the casualties taken in the last six weeks. Russian command was right, the war was getting very bloody. As for the Chinese, they took 250,000 casualties. However the Russians, would keep advancing into April.

The First week of April was easy for the Russians. They First and Second army took Pulandian and Dalian within two days. And the Third, Fourth, and Fifth Armies took Jinxi. This week was easy for the Russians. They had broken the entire Northern Military District of China. With that, they took cites and bases down like they were made of cake. Even the Jinxi Base fell without much resistance. This would lead to the build up for the attack on Beijing. Meanwhile, things were changing in China and in Russia. The Chinese civilians had grown an liking for the Russians. After the fall of Shenyang, the Chinese would warmly welcome the coming Russians. When I asked one of the civilians why they were welcoming their enemies into their cities, he replied; "The Russians are fighting a noble fight and one that I support. We people of China has been under the heal of a totalitarian government for far too long. We want a change, and I think the Russians will give it to us." Meanwhile in Russia, something that was never expected started happening. The various ethnic groups that the Russians had second rated, were starting to enlist and join in the army. An college of my gave me a statement from one such person. When asked why he did this, he replied: "Russia is changing. Strike sees the needs of all the people of this country and wants to make its better for all. Its the first time in ages that my people have been able to get jobs, and its all thanks to him. Now this is a Russia that I will fight for!" Back in on Jinxi, the Russians were building up. The Russian Sixth and Seventh armies rolled in from their mopping up operations in Northern Manchuria. Not to mention the new machinery to replace those lost in battle. Troops, Tanks, APCS, and Tank Destroyers kept rolling in. The preparation lasted just over a week, when all was done; 200,000 Russian troops were assembled. The plans were set and ready to go, the Operations name, Panda.

In the middle of the third week of April, the Russians launched Operation Panda. The plan called for two stages; Stage One, the Russian First and Second Armies would move south to hit the city of Tangshan and the area surrounding it, then Stage Two, The Russian Third, Fourth, and Fifth Armies would move to reinforce the First and Second. Meanwhile, the Sixth and Seventh Armies would go north on a major highway and flank Beijing through its north industrial sector. This would lead up to the final siege and attack on Beijing. The Russians knew that if Beijing was taken, the war would be all but over.

Panda was launched, I remember we barely had time to pack anything before the Russian Military Press told us it was time to go. The Russians moved to Tangshan quickly, within 2 days fighting they took it. Causalities were mild but less than expected. With this attack, it have moved into the final week of April. The Russians continued their attack, taking out the nearby port city of Hanguzhan and the surrounding area. Then the main force turned toward the city of Beijing, taking the city of Tianjin on the way. It till a while to advance to Beijing. However, come end of the week, guns were being fired on the outskirts of the city.

Beijing was the Crown to be stolen for the Russians. The Russians knew that if Beijing fell the war would be all but over. Beijing was the Military, Political, and Economic center of China. If it fell, all command and control would collapse. Beijing was guarded by the pride of China, The First Class A Army Group. The Chinese were ready for a fight, after the fall of Dalian the Chinese knew that the Russians would make it to Beijing. They started to prepare as soon as possible. China had done almost everything it could to prepare for the assault of the Russians. Before both sides would come in contact, they were ready to a grand fight. The Russians moved in on May the First. The front line units of the first assault took heavy damage, and most had to pull back to regroup after just two or four hours fighting. However, once again, where one tank fell another rolled in to replace it. In all reality, when one fell, it seemed two would replace it. The Russians put up a brilliant assault. We news reporters were not allowed within 20 miles of the combat zone. From testimony gather, the fighting was like nothing on this world. "It was if I was on another planet" said many. The Russian Army officers told me that there was more ammunition used in the battle of Beijing than used in all Manchuria. Seeing the explosions from afar, I believed it. The battle lasted a week, not a whole lot can be told about the battle from either side. Chinese command and control had all but fallen apart by the Third. The battle was so hectic, that the Russian Generals were getting news 20 to 30 minutes late. Casualties were high in the battle, many Russian units were cut down to half of their size and strength. Some would be wiped out in their entirety. Most Chinese units would be would be wiped out in the battle. Beijing would totally fall about midday of May the Seventh. It was a proud day for the Russians as for not only have they took on the greatest threat to their country since Hitler or Napoleon, but they ended the job on one of their greatest holidays, May Day! When it was all said an done, the Russians had lost 70,000 troops in the battle of Beijing. The Chinese would lose 120,000.

After the battle, there was a huge parade in Beijing. Russian, Chinese, and ethic peoples serving in the Russian Army all took part. The supposed enemy didn't even act as if there had even been a war going on. The Russians and Chinese partied in streets. It was one of the greatest sights of my life. So many smiles, happy faces, and sheer joy. May 8th was one of the best days in the world I had witnessed, I even took part in the parties myself. Many thought the war was over. With Beijing fell the command structure for all of China. However this would turn out to be a unrealized dream. The remnants of the Chinese Military made a joint effort to make a military government in Shanghai. Everyone's worst fears would be realized, not only was the war not over but the horrible Chinese government had been replaced by a monster.

On the Eighth, Strike flew into Beijing to join the celebrations. He seemed to be very happy as many were, I got some great pictures from the show. Afterword, I was granted a press clearance and an interview with the leader himself. When I entered the room I noticed that he was not all smiles as he was during the parade. He told me to sit, and said lets begin. He had a great command with the way he presented himself. When I began the interview he told me that we was welcome to ask personal questions of feeling. So that's what I did to start out. I asked him why he looked so said, he would reply with a series of things. He said that "I can't bare the thought of how many lives this war has cost. Though this nation has done great things it has cost us and China so much. So many have died in a pointless war." He was right, by now casualties had reached 500,000 for the Russians and 950,000 for the Chinese. " The economy is being strained and nearly broken." By this time, Russia had seen its population increase by a factor of 5. The strain of gaining so many people so fast was ripping the economy apart. Russia's Unemployment was about 6% and its inflation was in the negatives. "Everything is feeding back on itself, though we have won so much, the price may have been simply to much." The Russians had lost over half their reserves due to economic strain. The the economy as forced to import so many things from other countries due to the lack of production abilities. Every part of the country was suffering in one form or another. "And now there are signs that the war is not over." Soon the Chinese military had its government up and running, it would lead to much more war. "I have no choice but to slow the war and send money into the economy for retrofits and buildup." The Russians had already started poring money into their economy. They had started a massive highway building program in Manchuria and Siberia. Now they were going to have to fight a war against the Siberian weather to get the resources needed to grow what was becoming the worlds largest superpower. "I wonder if what we have don will make our children pay the cost."

In the following days Strike ordered the last of the major military campaigns. It was called "Operation Swipe." Its objective was simple, clear out all Chinese military forces north of the Yellow River, then set the River as a defense line. Throughout the rest of May and into early June, the Russians would take city after city. Fighting was far less difficult than before, most cities would fall within a day or two. While there was massive military movements, the real fighting for the time was over. It was becoming a nation version of move and destroy.

Now things are coming to a slow, while operation swipe is only 50% complete, the Russians are slowing down, regrouping, and forming better battle plans. So now the question stands, will a Russia that is no longer Russia rise to be a new superpower of almost unlimited power? Or will the war that set them apart from all others be to costly in the end. Only time will tell. -Andrew Cooper, CNN News
-ZT Strike
ZT Strike
Major

Re: MP Campaign: World 2020 III - Sign Up & AAR

Post by ZT Strike »

Sorry for the late one, been busy with school and all. I will join you guys tomorrow.
-ZT Strike
Pax25
Colonel

Session Starts in 10 Minutes

Post by Pax25 »

Session starts in 10 minutes.
"In any good multiplayer wargame, the only 'house rule' that should be needed, is that there are no rules." -Pax25
GameRanger # 406426
Pax25
Colonel

Session #3 - COMPLETE

Post by Pax25 »

Thanks again guys for another great night of multiplayer gaming. ZT Strike continues to lead and at one point was first overall (including all AI nations). Currently, he ranks third behind only Ukraine and Spain.

TOTAL SCORE:

RUSSIA (ZT Strike) - 3,770
SWITZERLAND (Gen.Morgan) - 3,508
GERMANY (Pax25) - 3,113

Not sure what happened to Lord Jitter and GI.Joe, but they are welcome to return anytime. Furthermore, the game is open to new players. Post in this thread or send me a PM.
"In any good multiplayer wargame, the only 'house rule' that should be needed, is that there are no rules." -Pax25
GameRanger # 406426
ZT Strike
Major

Post by ZT Strike »

Good game, my next AAR will not be as eventful, but I will do my best to make it interesting. Plan to have it out on Thursday.
-ZT Strike
Gen.Morgan
Warrant Officer

Post by Gen.Morgan »

Had a good time tonight, looking forward to next week! :-)
I'm wondering wither I should stay neutral or start getting some allies, ether way I am building up my army just in case. Hopefully I can get around to making a ARR this week.
Rawhide
Warrant Officer

Post by Rawhide »

I'd like to jump in as Brazil if that's alright. I've spent an embarrassing amount of time in single player, but this would be my first MP game (impossible to find one on the fly I've found).

My game ranger name is Rawhide.

Quick mp noob question - how do you chat in game? Just scanned the manual again and didn't see it.
Pax25
Colonel

Post by Pax25 »

Rawhide wrote:I'd like to jump in as Brazil if that's alright. I've spent an embarrassing amount of time in single player, but this would be my first MP game (impossible to find one on the fly I've found).

My game ranger name is Rawhide.

Quick mp noob question - how do you chat in game? Just scanned the manual again and didn't see it.
Sure feel free to join us. Make sure you download the save to the correct folder. To chat in game I think you just hit return.
GameRanger # 406426
Pax25
Colonel

IMPORTANT TIME CHANGE - 7:00 CST Start Time

Post by Pax25 »

Hey guys, I started a new legal project on Monday and from now on won't be able to get out of work until 6:00 CST. Therefore, I will try to get out as soon as I can, but I'm going to have to push the start time of this campaign back to 7:00 CST. Hope you all can still make it. Please post in this thread so I know you got the message. Thanks.
GameRanger # 406426
Gen.Morgan
Warrant Officer

Post by Gen.Morgan »

I should be there. Though its getting kind of late for me.
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

6 pm (MT) is more doable for me, so I should be there tonight.
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
Rawhide
Warrant Officer

Post by Rawhide »

7pm works. See you all then.
Pax25
Colonel

Post by Pax25 »

Rawhide wrote:7pm works. See you all then.
Great. I'm on my way home guys.
GameRanger # 406426
ColdStranger
Lieutenant

Post by ColdStranger »

i would like to join the game for tonight, game file downloaded
GameRanger - # 334777
Pax25
Colonel

Post by Pax25 »

ColdStranger wrote:i would like to join the game for tonight, game file downloaded
Ok see you in about an hour.
GameRanger # 406426

Return to “Multiplayer Games”