When Do You All Go On

Put all your MP game discussions right here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

w00tang
Major
Human: Yes

When Do You All Go On

Post by w00tang »

I want to know when everyone goes on (Hamachi) i live in Australia so really, when i go on is probably the exact opposite of when everyone else goes on, lol.
NEVER go to Canberra.
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Re: When Do You All Go On

Post by GIJoe597 »

I have never used Hamachi or GameRanger for reasons of principle. However I am not competant enough to configure my system to host IP to IP. I get told every time I will need to disable my firewall, which is just not going to happen.

I have managed to play IP to IP if someone else is the host, I just cannot host myself.

I do believe MP is the holy grail for SR2020 and would love to be able to participate in more MP.
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

What "principle" issue is there?

I haven't used Hamachi yet, but GameRanger works very well.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Covfam
Lieutenant

Post by Covfam »

Balth, i think its because alot of people play hacked or pirated games on gameranger(besides all the other legal goostanding people) but as far as the dirt gamers crowd they like gameranger because of the lack of security there in the match making. steam and game spy get in the way of playing pirated games.

me i dont mind using game ranger but part of it is steam doesnt work on my IMAC when im not in windows mode. gameranger does
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

i go on hamachi when i log on my computer. As of gameranger, can't get it to work. My router is an old 100mbs firewalled tellwell router, it does not allow me to open ports. Hamachi works better than Gameranger for me.
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods

Return to “Multiplayer Games”