Putting an end to MP issues?

Put all your MP game discussions right here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

crobillard
Corporal

Putting an end to MP issues?

Post by crobillard »

Hi everyone, I'm starting this topic so I can have a better understanding of what needs to be done to end the issues in MP. I don't know too much about how MP works, but I would love to know more. I have done some research and it sounds like Himachi uses VPN to connect users. Is that correct?

Anyways, my questions are, how does it work?

Are the problems with MP, development issues or server issues or both?

If it is a server issue, could we pay someone to host games with 10+ users? How much would it cost(roughly)? Would the game in MP work even with the proper server?

I've seen many aspirations in this forum of people wanting to create gigantic games, but it seems like it is not possible due to server/game issues. I'm interested in making an investment into the proper server, but would need to know more before proceeding.

Thanks for all of your help.

-Chris
Xbwalker
Brigadier Gen.

Re: Putting an end to MP issues?

Post by Xbwalker »

Each game relies on the host server for internet connection. There is no 3rd party server that can boost the speed unfortunately. Much like hosting your own game in an FPS, it only supports a few people before lag is overwhelming. As I understand it, the code is not written to work with a central server.

Return to “Multiplayer Games”