Terrible Lag? + other mp woes.

Put all your MP game discussions right here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Dom
Lieutenant

Terrible Lag? + other mp woes.

Post by Dom »

So, it seems that any game with 3+ players will lag to the point it's unplayable, no matter who is hosting. This is through hamachi.

Is there anyway to name your mp saves? Sometimes it's difficult to find the save you're looking for.

And the chat is very limited - I can rarely fit a sentence into the space provided. Anyway to remove the character limit?

Also, the game goes out of sync - pretty much all the time. I'll typically play on fastest speed, does this cause the un-syncyness?

Your thoughts?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Re: Terrible Lag? + other mp woes.

Post by Balthagor »

Dom wrote:So, it seems that any game with 3+ players will lag to the point it's unplayable, no matter who is hosting. This is through hamachi.
I've not had a chance to play over Hamachi yet, I'll let others comment.

Is there anyway to name your mp saves? Sometimes it's difficult to find the save you're looking for.
No, because the name is how the savegames stay in sync for reloading. If you change the name you can't rejoin your other players.

And the chat is very limited - I can rarely fit a sentence into the space provided. Anyway to remove the character limit?
No, that is all that is supported atm for chat length.

Also, the game goes out of sync - pretty much all the time. I'll typically play on fastest speed, does this cause the un-syncyness?
We did lots of MP testing before the update and did find and fix a few errors but it does seem there was another one. We have gotten some clues about what we're looking for but no luck yet. It's like when your car makes noise until you take it to the mechanic, it leave the mechanic in a pinch to figure out what's wrong. It is possible to "resync" the game by having one person send around the savegame to all the others but everyone else will loose their e-mails and number groups.

Your thoughts?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Dom
Lieutenant

Post by Dom »

No, because the name is how the savegames stay in sync for reloading. If you change the name you can't rejoin your other players.
Would it be possible for the Host to save and name the game, and all the other players have it auto saved as what the host named it?
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

Dom wrote:Would it be possible for the Host to save and name the game, and all the other players have it auto saved as what the host named it?
This may actually be possible, it's not the simplest of things because of the way MP save works and the requirements for things to happen in a specific order for correct sync, but I'll add it to our task list and we'll look into it in the future.
Xbwalker
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Xbwalker »

Yeah that would be nice. Maybe this feature is in there already but does the game automatically upload to clients or do they need to already have the file?
ColdStranger
Lieutenant

Post by ColdStranger »

what iv been doing is getting a notepad and just writing down the last didgets everytime i save a game, i write down the numbers and put the persons name beside it. once i save again, i mark threw the last save and do it all over.
GameRanger - # 334777
Joccend
Lieutenant

Post by Joccend »

Balthagor wrote:
Dom wrote: Also, the game goes out of sync - pretty much all the time. I'll typically play on fastest speed, does this cause the un-syncyness?
It is possible to "resync" the game by having one person send around the savegame to all the others but everyone else will loose their e-mails and number groups.

Your thoughts?
The problem with that is... when it goes out of sync the AI takes over on your screen. So if you pass around the save game, one person's country may be in ruin.

Return to “Multiplayer Games”