El Ay de Vlugt's Journal: Conquering The World from Africa

Share your stories of conquests and leadership successes.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

JerzeeGamer
Sergeant
Human: Yes

El Ay de Vlugt's Journal: Conquering The World from Africa

Post by JerzeeGamer »

Greetings my fellow rulers. My name is El Ay de Vlugt and I rule Somalia. Our goal is to dominate the continent of Africa and use it as a platform to challenge the world's super powers. As many of you know, Somalia was one of the poorest countries in the world when I took power, my people only earning $600 per capita GDP.

Under normal circumstances, it would take years to develop our country to dominate even Africa alone. Fortunately, we've been provided with a most peculiar yet useful solution to accelerating our progress. Since January 1, 2020 we've entered into a secret agreement with an advanced extraterrestrial race to rid the globe of disagreeable governments. In exchange for this, they've agreed to provide us with virtually unlimited currency and assistance with military unit fabrication.

Please don't judge the course of action my government and I have chosen. It is the only way we can reasonably realize our vision of a peaceful, progressive world. We've chosen to make this disclosure to select members of the international community who have agreed to remain quiet about the matter in exchange for protection and provision in the coming new world order....

(To be continued....)
JerzeeGamer
Sergeant

Re: El Ay de Vlugt's Journal: Conquering The World from Afri

Post by JerzeeGamer »

The decision has been made to allow our ministers full control over production and defense. Their control over military spending has been removed, however, because we'll be spending as much as possible to recruit, train and pay our military. Also removed is their ability to control social spending, taxes and research spending. The allocated funds have been maximized in every critical sector.

At this time, we are at war with Ethiopia and Egypt. The conflict with Ethiopia was started by their unprovoked attack on our military. We've taken some territory from them, and have designated their capital as a hotspot for attack. There hasn't been any open conflict with Egypt yet.

All necessary and desired technologies and military unit designs have been purchased from the UK or US. Technologically, we are prepared to dominate any African nation that may stand in our way. Our aim is a formal alliance with everyone on the continent, however, obviously conflict is unavoidable.

Our current goal is to take Ethiopia's capital and absorb their population and resources. From there we'll attempt to establish additional formal alliances and, if necessary, wage further war on disagreeable regions....

(To be continued....)
EvanKonst
Sergeant

Post by EvanKonst »

You are using cheat codes but the idea of capturing Africa with Somalia is good :-) !
JerzeeGamer
Sergeant

Post by JerzeeGamer »

EvanKonst wrote:You are using cheat codes but the idea of capturing Africa with Somalia is good :-) !
If I may go out-of-character: Yes, I am using the money and unit build cheats but at least I came up with an imaginative explanation for it--LOL! :-) I definitely don't have the patience for this project to do it without any assistance. More power to those who do! I do, however, plan on eventually playing a game without the cheats to see how well I do.

Right now this game is like therapy for me. :-) And thanks for the kudos on my plan for Somalia and Africa. Something just attracted me to the idea of making the underdog the victor.
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

Good start to an AAR and if cheat codes make the game FUN for you, do not fret over using them. Video games are about fun, :)
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
EvanKonst
Sergeant

Post by EvanKonst »

JerzeeGamer wrote:
EvanKonst wrote:You are using cheat codes but the idea of capturing Africa with Somalia is good :-) !
If I may go out-of-character: Yes, I am using the money and unit build cheats but at least I came up with an imaginative explanation for it--LOL! :-) I definitely don't have the patience for this project to do it without any assistance. More power to those who do! I do, however, plan on eventually playing a game without the cheats to see how well I do.

Right now this game is like therapy for me. :-)
i made a similar campaign with ethiopia in world 2020 and i couldn't do anything without cheats
so you have nothing to explain about them
JerzeeGamer
Sergeant

Post by JerzeeGamer »

GIJoe597 wrote:Good start to an AAR and if cheat codes make the game FUN for you, do not fret over using them. Video games are about fun, :)
Thanks GI!
JerzeeGamer
Sergeant

Post by JerzeeGamer »

EvanKonst wrote:
JerzeeGamer wrote:

Right now this game is like therapy for me. :-)
i made a similar campaign with ethiopia in world 2020 and i couldn't do anything without cheats
so you have nothing to explain about them
Thanks Evan! Because of the delicate and unstable starting economic situation of countries such as these, gathering enough momentum to actually become self-sustaining (or at least competitive) takes way longer than I'm willing to invest right now. Without the cheats, that is....
JerzeeGamer
Sergeant

Post by JerzeeGamer »

I’ve found that I must watch my ministers’ management of the various departments more closely. I discovered that, for some reason, they can fail to adjust the automated and bulk purchase thresholds high enough to meet demand. I ran into at least one severe shortage that way. But it was in close proximity to a period when our treasury was over $100 million in the red, so I wonder if that caused him to not adjust the price.

In either case, I’m now taking a closer look at what’s going on in the various departments. Because of our constant state of war, I tend to spend most of my time in the defense department, which caused a deficit of attention to the others. Now I take a regular tour of the land, review the production situation across the board, our research progress and projects, so on and so forth. I tend to make time in between military operations.

With my defense minister controlling our units, we swiftly defeated Ethiopia after giving them ample opportunity to coexist in peace with us. At the time of this writing, I’m at DEFCON 1 with full military initiative but no defense minister control of units. In contrast to her stellar performance on the battlefield against Ethiopia, I’ve since removed her control because of avoidable losses on the battlefield due to poor unit command since the invasion of Egypt. Since that decision, and my “micromanagement” of the military operations, we’ve had incredible success against them and expect to take their capital in no more than a month.

A few additional countries have declared war against us and with others we’ve established formal alliances and more. We’ve given hundreds of billions of dollars worth of technology and military designs to these allies in our effort to make those who choose to stand with us mutual beneficiaries in this new world we are creating. These are exciting times!

Return to “After Action Reports”