The Star That Rose From the Sand - A Greater Somalia

Share your stories of conquests and leadership successes.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Norch
Sergeant
Human: Yes

The Star That Rose From the Sand - A Greater Somalia

Post by Norch »

Hello again it's me :D
I had a new computer so the old Somalia had to be killed, everything has to retire some day, the only place that was fit for was a museum.

Anyway I am going to restart the AAR but this time add in a bit of a story into it to make it more readable. Only issue is is now I have Windows 7 I'm not sure you can take screenshots because of this Snipping Tool thing. Anyway, I'm about to start so I'll edit in the start when I've finished my first session.

President Gullét sat down in his gilded office of the President, it had been 3 months since the Transitional Federal Government triumphantly drove the Islamic militant al-Shabaab from the south of Somalia, the country was now facing strange times, the Civil War in Somalia, which had been going on since the fall of Communism, was now at an end, the cities that had lived with the daily sound of gunfire fell silent. Somalia had been at war for so long most had forgotten what peace was like. And from the endless statistics the President was reading through, all of this had had an effect.

"Dear dear" the President muttered under his breath. He was reading through the endless reams of statistics that had been left on his desk by his predecessor. 15% of people unemployed, large trade deficits, awful education. It was going to be a long hard road to Somalia's recovery, the only problem with that was, there weren't many roads in Somalia! "SHIRE!" the President barked, get me tea! "Yes, almighty sir!" the servant shuffled away. The President would need his new found favourite drink to stop him losing the will to live.

The cup of tea did a world of good, the President finally decided on a course of action, he was sick of these raids by the Ethiopians, and there was no way to retaliate, but building an army isn't very achievable when you have one of the smallest economies in the world. Inspired by the Soviets, President Gullét decided on a Five Year Plan to:

[*]Develop the economy through large spending and investment, alongside improved military infrastructure and designs
[*]Towards the end of the five years intitiate the training of troops
[*]Increase Research Centres to a total of 3 at minimum or 5 at max

Through implementing the initial stages of the reforms GDP grew by $20 per day, and it wasn't soon before there was enough money to build a Uranium Mine to provide export, agricultural production became more efficient through an improved national supply system and increased exports, which kept the treasury afloat. However inflation rocketed to 20% but this is less than the growth of the economy so is not a problem. For now.

By April 12 2020 things were looking up on the electoral stage to, with 35% approval rate and on a positive trend, Gullét started doing speeches around the country some attracted vast crowds, sometimes hundreds of thousands. When Uranium deposits started being exported, it was already on the statute book of the Federal Parliament that a large waterworks would be constructed in the South, to provide water for a growing thirsty population, being a desert country it isn't to worth it, but "Somalia must achieve the greatest efficiency it can, so that we can repel the vile Ethiopian oppressors!" according to President Gullét that is.

Not much has happened since then, Gullét appears to be developing some master plan. His surname is after all the Somalian surname that means "Victorious". Is it possible that Somalia will rise to become the sole Somali state?
Liustares
Sergeant

Re: The Star That Rose From the Sand - A Greater Somalia

Post by Liustares »

GO SOMALIA!!!! :D

NEW AAR!
MEXICO: ASCENT OF THE EAGLE'S COVENANT

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 54&t=19004
Follow this epic series with captivating storyline!!!
CHAPTER 2 RELEASED!!!
CptBritish
Brigadier Gen.

Post by CptBritish »

Use Photobucket's IMG links.
I use them in my British AAR and also have Windows 7 so you won't have a problem ;)
Supporting Nuclear Power in the UK.

Just because the Japanese happened to build one near multiple fault lines doesn't make them any more dangerous than they were before the Earthquake.
Norch
Sergeant

Post by Norch »

Gullét sat in his new ebony office chair and looked over his map, he was plotting military tactics against the Ethiopian menace.

"The two main population centres are around the North Western lakes and Addis Ababa" he thought. "Seizing them quickly is a priority...". Then he looked suddenly angry and violently swept his map aside. Although a Free Flow of Labour Force treaty with the Ethiopians had been signed he still hated them, their soldiers had murdered his parents in a raid on a border town when he was young.

There had been much good news throughout Somalia, GDP had almost tripled in nine months. Spending was it's highest ever, most had a job, crime was at its lowest and small scale industrialisation had begun. Uranium production stood at 1030kg a day and continued to grow.

Up until industrialisation people were joyous, but now people began to get a bit upset with the fast progress being made, ever since the Uranium mine was built.

FFOLF Treaties were signed with most countries in Africa. And President Gullét had formulated a plan to buy in technology from Japan to speed up progress and soon more R&D would happen inside Somalia itself.

The long hard road, had finally begun.
CptBritish
Brigadier Gen.

Post by CptBritish »

Sorry i've just read this again and realised...

Are you looking for a way to take screenshots?

I use Fraps to save the Screenshots. Hope this helps so you can add some colour to your AAR :)

Just because the Japanese happened to build one near multiple fault lines doesn't make them any more dangerous than they were before the Earthquake.
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

There is always the old PrtScn (Print Screen) button on the keyboard. Then open paint and paste. Another option to purchasing Fraps.
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
CptBritish
Brigadier Gen.

Post by CptBritish »

I haven't bought Fraps. I have the free version, You can take any amount of Screenshots but only take 30 seconds worth of video.

GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

Thats great, I was simply pointing out the ability to take screen shots are already there.
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
Liustares
Sergeant

Post by Liustares »

I'll be following this AAR :-)
NEW AAR!
MEXICO: ASCENT OF THE EAGLE'S COVENANT

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 54&t=19004
Follow this epic series with captivating storyline!!!
CHAPTER 2 RELEASED!!!

Return to “After Action Reports”