African Empire: Unruly Neighbor.

Share your stories of conquests and leadership successes.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

kaleckton
Warrant Officer

African Empire: Unruly Neighbor.

Post by kaleckton »

Currently I am just announcing a new AAR. Currently just working out the details right now. on how to do it. Planning on playing on the hardest diffculty possible. This will be the second game (in supreme ruler)I have played in a couple of years. I dislike playing major world power because the sad truth is, most people play them way too often.`There will be no tech trading unless offered by another country. (Which means I won't be asking for designs, or techs from other countries at all, but if they offer it I can choose to accept or deny it)

Settings

Scenario: Global crisis
Volatility: Very high

Economy : Very hard
Diplomacy: Very hard
Military: Very hard

The Plan

General Maynar is elected of the recently reorganized Sudan Government. He sits with his leaders to discuss possible invasions at a compound somewhere near Uganda. Sits with him is Kyle, General of the Sudanese Royal Army, General Peck of the National Defense Force, Omar of the Intelligence Division, Al Abhed of the Department of National Finances.

Maynar " We need resources or we as a country will fail."

Al Abhed "We cannot afford to go to war. We need those petroleum drills working as soon as possible. Then after that we need workers."

Maynar " How do we get workers?"

Omar " If we attack one of our neighbors we would be able to increase our unemployment pool which would let us create more jobs.

Peck " Yes but the problem we face is that we have to feed these people. simply enslaving them would just not be enough. I am all for having no unemployment in our country."

Al " Yes but if our unemployment gets too low, then cost for employment will go up. And at 2 percent, our economy will crash."

Maynar " True, but I want to add land to our country. I say we attack Saudi Arabia."

The room got quiet.

After a moment Omar speaks " The war will be long."

Peck " So whats the plan?"

Maynar passes around the booklet.

1. Create petroleum Drills to fuel the army.
2. Create a Naval and air Fabrication.
3. Create Research centers.
4. Research a boat, and air bombers.
5. Balance the financial budget for the next 5 years.
6. Mass troops, sell obsolete troops and invade a neighbor to test out new troops. Possibly look for a country with coal, metal ore and uranium. Place troops on all fronts to defend against military actions from neighbors.
7. Invade and secure western Arabia. Then seize all Arabian Military Assets and Original Capital.
kaleckton
Warrant Officer

Re: African Empire: Unruly Neighbor.

Post by kaleckton »

A few research centers were approved along with four petroleum oil drills. Also approved were a list of unit designs which are thought to make the biggest impact in the war. Ideally war with Kenya will be made before a full on conflict with Saudi Arabia is begun. It is hope to be the biggest advantage. Several sabotage missions are planned with use of bombers. However, fear has it that other countries may declare war far sooner than I would expect and if this were to happen war with Kenya would be a bad idea.
kaleckton
Warrant Officer

Post by kaleckton »

Feb 1st 2020

Today lives in Infamy. The Russians assault the Polish Front pushing for a very devastating attack. The polish push back but just barely. Lithuania appears to be all but defeated. Finland has lost most of the eastern lands and their capital is already threatened. It appears world war three has begun with everyone taking sides. I ally with the Russians, Chinese, Libya, and Uganda to create the Greater Empire's Pact. Uganda and Libya swear allegiance to me as part of the pact. They are expected to follow me to conquest of the continent. The Chinese has destroyed the South Korean's Naval force west of the area, and have begun to destroy all remaining parts of the naval force. China has invaded both India and Mongolia and it is expected much of their force will be destroyed. Bangladesh and Pakistan sensing weakness, have also attacked India. Bangladesh however is losing the fight with Myanmar. Phillipines however have sent naval aid to enemies of China and have lost much of their defenses around the islands. UUnited States is preparing for war as their defcon levels change to 2. Brazil Invades Argentina . Most of Africa has blown up in war, with the most dangerous one being Angola with congo dem republic. Victory for either one could mean a early loss to my career. Is has proven to be a scary time for my empire.

EDIT:
Russia and China begin fighting each other, which causes concern to the original pact. It appears that eventually all the countries in the pact will become dissolved.
TorstenBarbaren
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

Post by TorstenBarbaren »

Interesting AAR that I will follow. Fun with another african experiment.
Don´t worry that much abou Dem Congo and Angola, my experience is that the war will drag on, most likely Zambia and Congo will be drawn into it but it takes years if ever any side get power to end the conflict.
Last edited by TorstenBarbaren on Jul 25 2011, edited 1 time in total.
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

As always, when it comes to nicely written AAR's, I look forward to reading more.
Last edited by GIJoe597 on Jul 26 2011, edited 1 time in total.
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
kaleckton
Warrant Officer

Post by kaleckton »

Government Shutdown

Millions around the world watch the news as the horror unfolds.

"Ukraine sends forces to oppose Russia in the hope to steam the tide.*STATIC* South Korea invades North Korea and has begun sending troops over the line to face China. It is expected that North Koreas downfall is imminent *STATIC* In fear of Irans nuclear powers in the region, Turkey has invaded North Iran in the hopes to capture these weapons of mass destruction. Thousands have been declared dead. *STATIC* Sudan has finished two land fabricators and has begun mass production. *STATIC* Egypt has invaded Sudan in a show of force in the region. Over a thousand dead at the former capital has outraged many parts of the world. *STATIC* For the Greater good the Egyptian army has authorized use for originally banned Napalm Strikes on the Sudanese Rebels. It is hope the Sudan be unable to muster a defense after this time. No news on where the former leaders are at. Sudan has been declared by the Egyptian state as part of their newly unified country.

Somewhere west of the former capital drives a dark blue sedan. Inside are three men, Maynar, Omar, and Mark.

Mark "Your forces will not reach them in time. You must pull out and secure the new capital."
Omar " It will only be a matter of time. We cannot allow them to come close enough to damage our production facilities. "
Maynar "How was this so unexpected?"
Mark " I wasn't thinking that they would attack us. now if another nation were to declare war we would be sitting ducks."
Maynar "How are our oil drills doing?"
Omar "The news ones are at full capacity. We will have electric power stations ready in the next few days. But we need coal. "
Mark "I'll take care of that. What are we going to do now?"
Maynar " We must defend ourselves. If we lose this fight we will not be able to do anything but wonder at what may have happened.

(P.S. I made the mistake of being away for a very short time to brush my teeth. I accidently let the game running. I had troops positions near my eastern neighbors, and light troops in the north. They took that land in two days.)

kaleckton
Warrant Officer

Post by kaleckton »

North Korea has been destroyed by the mighty Chinese Empire and is now pushing through South Korean Forces. In other news, Sudan has filed to defend its homeland and it appears all simulations have show them unable to defend the land between them and the first capital. They have decided to bunker themselves in. It also has seem that military goods has crashed causing prices to reach the 200,000 ceiling.
kaleckton
Warrant Officer

Post by kaleckton »

Bear with me, I'll update this as soon as I can, so far I have Several new pictures but no real development. Almost all Egypts invasion force is m1a1 tanks, and they are attacking in large numbers. At one time I counted 50 forces compared to my very little force. With military goods coming down from 300,000 I am able to slowly regain a foothold in the attack without having to retreat anymore. I am about to lose a northern city however as it is completely surrounded and the only force left is a full city of garrisons. All my transports have been destroyed, I have no air left in the fight. Desperately trying to build a air fab in order to start production of a new airforce. I'm also hoping a neighbor (damn Israel why aren't you fighting anyone) will get involve to damage them enough for me to start making a push. They are only lightly defending my former capital. I have my finances locked out from the minster, manually controlling it. So far I have only had to lock out my military goods commodity. In both instances they began to stabalize. For some reason military goods market price dropped from 300,000 down to 160,000. My finances went from losting 50 mil every day to gaining 50 mil. My population is still growing (technically not since i lost alot of land, but they aren't leaving faster than they are being born.). Thinking of a plan b and invade Rwanda and begin rebuilding there so that I have a effective rally point if I were to lose the area where my land fabs are at in the first place. Hoping it won't have to come down to that point. Otherwise I am losing options. Libya also gave me some tanks and I retreated most of them before a couple got blown up since they were at a barracks that is one the front line. so happens to be where my capital is at too. So far played 3 to 4 hours in without no chance of a counter attack.
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

These are the greatest games, the ones where the player is badly mauled and on the ropes. A victory means so much more under these circumstances. Make them pay for each mile.

I cannot tell by looking at the screen shots, but is there a location on your border where Egyptian forces are lacking in supply? If yes, bait them there, with a single unit, withdraw, once they run out of fuel pick them off.

kaleckton
Warrant Officer

Post by kaleckton »

Libya support and the great Haiti defeat in the world world changes idea's. I came close to verge of defeat, and even Egypt thought so as they sent a bulk of their troops my way. I lose 16,000 troops in all, which sadly, was 1/6th of my total army. Israel declares war and invades Egypt at the last moment. Just as my front line is about to collapse. Completely lose both of my northern west cities, and one of my eastern cities fall. The longer I work at it the worse things got. Made about 15 saves but nothing I did was about to do anything. Then I ran into issues with military goods. Without any goods to supply my troops I started running into failures. My troop deployment is being delayed, my troop repairs being delayed, I just was about to give up and surrender. I just could not find a solution. My troops are less advance and require much more units in order to push back the enemy. But I lost a good number of my good units in the initial fight. My most advance tanks are T-55 vs m1a1's.They were being destroyed like candy so I had to pull back.

However by November, enemy tanks had stopped coming to attack me, for a few days this had become very suspicious, but with no air units left I was a little cautious about sending troops. So I sent a engineer to conquer back some land. A few days later i sent two more out to invade and retreat. A week later I had taken back everything up to directly south of my former capital. The only thing that saved me from bankruptcy was selling petroleum to India. They had by far the most cash in the world. They also are not friendly and could only sell it 600 million above the valued price. The first offer failed with them counter offering me to pay 100 million to do the deal. (WTF). As such its very late. If you have any questions I'll be glad to answer them. I'll be doing a roleplay later on. It's one o clock in the morning for me as is. I was hoping to at least input something once a day.

GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

Hang in there.

kaleckton
Warrant Officer

Post by kaleckton »

Sorry, alot has changed in the game, in fact i got about a few book pages of it done, but bf3 alpha came out and i want to play it till it closes. I'll post in here in a day or so.
kaleckton
Warrant Officer

Post by kaleckton »

Due to the large number of pictures I had to modify my original plan for the AAR. Since I was making an AAR to practice writing I needed to stop taking pictures. I really have no way to load up the 100 pictures I ended up taking in a reliable way so once I finish gathering information I decided to start deleting them. African Empire: Unruly Empire will become text only and is planned to be released September 9th 2011. Along with this several short stories will be closely released along with African Empire. My hope is that I will be able to write well enough to finish a book (Different from African Empire). I hope that I can find some interest here along with several other places I will be releasing the story (African Empire) to. It will be released free to download as a pdf file. I will notify anyone who is interested when African Empire is released. This first release is basically just the first chapter and only contains fighting with Egypt. The sequel contains fighting with Egypt and a unexpected third party. For more information please contact BradyPepion@yahoo.com, or email Kalecktonblogs@hotmail.com for interest in including your very own story into the series. My hopes is to capture enough written stories from a wide variety of sources to start up a official After Action Report website for every video game possible. No I am not trying to sell stories, or my own book, but to capture the imagine. The profits I am hoping to get will come from OFFICIAL RELEASES of non AAR content written by me.

Also the original story is included along with extended/ updated content.
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

/lost interest when you typed you want to make money. ciao.

kaleckton
Warrant Officer

Post by kaleckton »

Money for my book, actual book which is separate from African Empire. That book has a different storyline path then this.

Return to “After Action Reports”