The Once and Future King

Share your stories of conquests and leadership successes.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

GIJoe597
Board Admin
Human: Yes

The Once and Future King

Post by GIJoe597 »

Federation of St. Kitts and Nevis

Geography
Area: St. Kitts 168 sq. km. (65 sq. mi.); Nevis 93 sq. km. (36 sq. mi.).
Cities: Capital--Basseterre (pop. about 15,000).
Terrain: Generally mountainous; highest elevations are 1,156 m. (3,792 ft.) at Mt. Liamuiga on St. Kitts and 985 m; (3,232 ft.) at Nevis peak on Nevis.
Climate: Tropical.

People
Nationality: Noun and adjective--Kittitian(s), Nevisian(s).
Population (2020): 41,449.
Annual growth rate (2020): 1%
Ethnic groups: Predominantly of African origin; some of British, Portuguese, and Lebanese descent.
Religions: Principally Anglican, with Evangelical Protestant and Roman Catholic minorities.
Languages: English (official).
Education (2020): Adult literacy--94%.
Health (2020): Infant mortality rate--27.5/1,000. Life expectancy--men 68 years; women 72 years.
Unemployment (2020): 3.5%.

Government
Type: Parliamentary democracy; independent sovereign state within the Commonwealth.
Constitution: 1983.
Independence: September 19, 1983.
Branches: Executive--governor general (representing The Queen of England, head of state), prime minister (head of government), cabinet. Legislative--bicameral Parliament. Judicial--magistrate's courts, Eastern Caribbean Supreme Court (High Court and Court of Appeals), final appeal to Privy Council in London.
Administrative subdivisions: 14 parishes.
Political parties: St. Kitts and Nevis Labor Party (ruling), People's Action Movement (PAM), Concerned Citizens Movement (a Nevis-based party), and Nevis Reformation Party.
Suffrage: Universal at 18.

Economy
GDP (2020): $501 million.
GDP growth rate (2020): -5.8%.
Per capita GDP (2020): $8,258.
Inflation (2020): 17.8%.
Natural resources: Negligible.
Agriculture: (Rice, yams, bananas, fish, cotton, peanuts, vegetables.)
Industry: Tourism, and clothing, footwear, beverages, and tobacco (consumer goods).
Financial Outlook (2020):
Annual Income: $500m ($260m production and $240m Domestic Sales)
Annual Expenses: $4185m (Military, Facilities, Social Services, Trade Deficit, UN fee)
Official exchange rate: EC$2.70 = U.S. $1.

HISTORY
At the time of European discovery, Carib Indians inhabited the islands of St. Kitts and Nevis. Christopher Columbus landed on the larger island in 1493 on his second voyage and named it after St. Christopher, his patron saint. Columbus also discovered Nevis on his second voyage, reportedly calling it Nevis because of its resemblance to a snow capped mountain (in Spanish, "nuestra senora de las nieves" or our lady of the snows). European settlement did not officially begin until 1623-24, when first English, then French settlers arrived on St. Christopher's Island, whose name the English shortened to St. Kitts Island. As the first English colony in the Caribbean, St. Kitts served as a base for further colonization in the region.

The English and French held St. Kitts jointly from 1628 to 1713. During the 17th century, intermittent warfare between French and English settlers ravaged the island's economy. Meanwhile Nevis, settled by English settlers in 1628, grew prosperous under English rule. St. Kitts was ceded to Great Britain by the Treaty of Utrecht in 1713. The French seized both St. Kitts and Nevis in 1782. The Treaty of Paris in 1783 definitively awarded both islands to Britain. They were part of the colony of the Leeward Islands from 1871-1956, and of the West Indies Federation from 1958-62. In 1967, together with Anguilla, they became a self-governing state in association with Great Britain; Anguilla seceded late that year and remains a British dependency. The Federation of St. Kitts and Nevis attained full independence on September 19, 1983.

Dec 2019

A new Leader is elected to govern, his name is GIJoe. He promises to take the island country on a journey to greatness. No longer will we be a sleepy backwater tourist destination for drunks and vagabonds. In times past we were a base for conquest/colonization, a stepping off location if you will. Well my friends, we will be again.

"We shall once again regain our supremacy in economic matters and attain our rightful place in the world." -GIJoe

Jan 1st 2020
Starting settings/particulars

Volitility: Very High

GIJoe officially enters office

“Today, we start the path to full fledged independence. Not subservient to any other nation on earth. The road will be long and hard, and yes, we will need to use others to achieve our goal, but soon, they to will bow before us!”

**thunderous applause**

Starts with adequate Agriculture, Water, and Electric production. Has no other internal resources.

As we have no capability to build our own military units we must acquire them via trade. Money will be an issue as we start with only 4m and it is declining. Any means available to us via normal game mechanics, (no cheat codes), will be used to achieve our goals.

Goal is to cultivate friendships among larger democratic neighbors.

1st - we ally with US, Canada, UK and France as well as sign various other treaties with them.

2nd - Offer to trade Medical Vaccine research to: (note: I only list every country I traded with so that people will understand how I went from $4m to $2,252m without cheating. I doubt I will list every trade again, but I trust you get the gist.)
Malawi for 18.33m
Niger 26.47m
Sierra Leone 11.63m
Guinea-Bissau 4.02
Haiti 32.35m
Liberia 6.49m
Tanzania 61.81m
Zambia 16.19m
Afghanistan 58.83m
Somalia 12.89m
Gambia 6.82m
Ethiopia 162.87m
Mali 30.87m
Cote d'lvoire 71.96m
Burundi 13.25m
Western Sahara 537,319
Eritrea 11.40m
Sudan 150m
Togo 20.96
Burkina Faso 40.35m
Benin 23.15m
Congo Dem Rep 154.82m
Djibouti 1.28m
Uganda 112.07m
Rwanda 29.05m
Congo 10.66m
Cape Verde 5.27m
Mauritius 36.30m
Sao Tome 189,780
Comoros 924,536
Guinea 43.83m
Senegal 47.83m
Mauritania 15.77m
Nigeria 150m
Chad 31.98m
Cameroon 98.16m
Cambodia 65.99m
Central Africa 9.88m
Ghana 132.02m
Botswana 36.25m
Swaziland 9.17m
Namibia 35.91m
Lesotho 10.78m
Zimbabwe 61.27m
Kyrgyzstan 23.35m
Uzbekistan 105.72m
Myanmar 150m
East Timor 2.05m
North Korea 87.63m
Andorra 5.48m

4th - treasury after that flurry of trades:

Biomass Incineration research started. I will try to research only techs that give a immediate improve when completed, for now.

8th - Start construction of Goods – Cons Micro

USA declares war on Cuba! Cuba responds by attacking immediately attacking GITMO, as the US sends the USAF to attack Havana.

11th – (1.) US moves a SSN-773 Cheyenne class sub to just off the SW tip of Key West. (2.)It engages a Cuban Frigate, forcing the frigate to(3.)withdraw for repairs.
Last edited by GIJoe597 on Jul 12 2010, edited 1 time in total.
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
Hullu Hevonen
General

Re: The Once and Future King

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

Very interesting so far :-)
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
Rhyus
Colonel

Post by Rhyus »

Good luck. Looking forward to see if you can do it
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

If the cuban US war drags on long enough for you to get some units,it would make a great place to use them.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

If I get units that are useable I will not be too to picky about where I start the march. My goal is to expand as quickly as I can if and when I get the proper military units. I am concerned I do not have a barracks, but if I understand the coding correctly, it will not hamper my ability to get land units, they will deploy at the capital?

EDIT: Added to original post, someone rightly pointed out I did not show the volitility settings. The setting is Very High.

Hundane
General

Post by Hundane »

I am concerned I do not have a barracks, but if I understand the coding correctly, it will not hamper my ability to get land units, they will deploy at the capital?
Thats the way I understand it but if you do not have the manpower to field those units they will get scrapped instead of being able to sit in your reserves.

Once you get land units , they will slowly repair sitting in the capital which will slowly eat up your manpower/reserve pool. The next batch you get offered you might not have the reserves for them to be deployed even at the greatly reduced strength you will recieve them at. If you have a barracks, they can sit in there in reserve , you just wont have the manpower to deploy them.
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

Excellent point. Barracks coming up when I can.

Ragu
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Ragu »

Good luck Joe. I feel this will be an epic aar. 8)
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

Jan 2020

20th -The US deploys 2 more subs just north of Havana. Together all three subs enter Cuban territorial waters.

26th - Goods – Cons Micro facility completes.

29th - USA declares on Mexico. Sources site an unwillingness of Mexican officials to sort out their problems so that people want to stay there.

One curious detail, they are only using tanks to attack with. The only other ground units involved are recon and supply trucks, very odd.

May 2020

4th – For the first time, inf units are entering the fray. Mexico is all but defeated, tanks are knocking on the capital and now the US decides to use infantry? Still it was only 2 units.

Jun 2020

22nd - Poland asked to be an ally, we agree.

23rd – Purchase Water Conservation from Canada for $256.77m. Treasury balance $1,068m. Sell it to various countries for cash. Ending treasury, $5,125m.

July 2020

1st – Purchased V-LAP Artillery Research from USA for $464.60m When the time is right I will sell it off for money also.

6th – I purchase 1 years worth of Petroleum, Metal Ore, Timber and Electricity. Ending balance: $4,102m

23th – Taiwan asks for alliance, we accept.

Aug 2020

11th - Mexico falls. It was curious, after attacking the stacks around Mexico's capital, the US decides it was too tough and starts taking all the other cities it has bypassed. They took every city down to the capital and around the capital group. Then they assaulted the capital again and won.

US subs are ranging along the northern coast of Cuba from Havana to Moa, specifically a Cheyenne and a Seawolf. The only area the navy is shelling is around GITMO.

Aug 2020

23rd - USA DOWs Guatemala. They open the attack with 2 sqds of Raptors and one sqd of F-15C.
2nd wave, 1 sqd F-15C, 1 sqd F/A-18C. Nearest ground forces are 200 miles away still.

25th – Ground forces start arriving, again all tanks and recon units with only 2 Inf units.

GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

Sep 2020

7th – Guatemala falls. The USA says, "Tanks" for the practice.

11th – Barely have the crews had time to resupply and have a meal when the US DoWs EL Salvador.

16th - EL Salvador falls.

Meanwhile in Cuban waters, US Frigates and Destroyers are now shelling the area around Havana.

Oct 2020

3rd – Minsk, the capital of Belarus is being assaulted by Italian and Polish forces. Italy gets the city, Belarus moves capital to Homel.

5th – Russia DoWs Italy.

China is sending J-7's, loaded with AS-10 Karen ASM missiles, and J-11 Flankers to attack Manilla from Shantou. They lack the range and barely reach feet dry before reaching Bingo and having to RTB.

Vietnam is pushing steadily into China along the coast. They are at the outskirts of Qinzhou and the large base there. Massed Arty is holding them at bay for now. The Viets are very suppressed. They are now pressing NW knocking on the door of Lulian and its Airfield. Chinese forces rally, Battalions of ZTS-62 Recon Light tanks flow into the area.

17th – Belarus falls, Italy has almost doubled in land area.

On a side note, I have been watching the USA and its treasury, it has been steadily rising. I consider that good news.

Israel is a lost cause without a player to support them. Their AI allies seem to be unable to give them the resources they need. It is only a matter of time as IDF is outs of Fuel and Mil Gds. They have no Cons Gds or Electricity either.

29th - USA DoWs Honduras.

30th – I have been receiving Labor shortage notices since the Micro Cons Gds was completed. The latest one shows 1.2% Unemployment rate. The others were all 1.1%. We are growing in number.

31st – Honduras is no more.

Nov 2020

5th – US is sending transports to pick up the Central American forces. I assume they will be used in the Cuban invasion. Although they are all tanks and recon. After I took this picture I scrolled out and saw some transports moving from the Pacific, via the Panama Canal, to rally also.

10th – Biomass Incineration completes. We start Protection of Free Will.

11th – Serbia is split today amongst Italy, Bosnia Herzegovina, Croatia, Hungary, Romania and Bulgaria.

The US now has subs patrolling along the southern Cuban shores also.

19th – The Netherlands launched an amphibious assault on Venezuela. It is actually a nice package, Inf, Arty, AA and supply. EDIT: Unfortunately the supply ship moved a couple of hexes away and the landed forces are just sitting at the beach unsupplied

Jan 2021

23rd – The US declares war on Nicaragua.

27th – Nicaragua falls.
Feb 2021

3rd – Israel falls.

Mar 2021

In the interest of speed I turned FOW back on. I had turned it off to report of other events. But this is already boring enough. No offers of anything so far. From here on out, I will only report when something significant happens.

tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

Your using ruge's mod ?
Chuckle TM
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

Nope for the umpteenth time, do do not use mods. I will only use what BG has released. Now, it is my understanding some of the stuff they have released may include changes Ruges has made....

SR 2020: GC U7 update
Mods: zero/nadda/none

tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

Thats a very successful AI US compared to what i normally see.
Chuckle TM
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

It is only the third or fourth game I have played with U7, and 2 of those games are with the US. So I do not have enough information to lean either way. I do wonder why they are only using tanks though. Is that normal in U7 for the US?

NOTE: I am looking at the game it is currently May 8th 2021. The transports the US moved to the Northern Honduran coast are still sitting there idle. The tanks they used to capture Honduras are sitting idle. The US is down to $49,137m in treasury and falling. They have a debt of $77,812m. I believe the only reason it was going up was the income from the captured countries. Now they are not capturing anything and they are eating money like mad. Score card shows they have the following mil facilities: 84/40/12/25 and the largest military in the world at 5.23m This is 2 million more than the 2nd place, China.

The force the Netherlands landed in Venezuela is still sitting on the coast, out of supply, doing nothing.

The loaded transports the UK has at Portsmouth are still sitting there doing nothing.

I, ST. Kitts/Nevis, am down to $1,252m in treasury and will soon be selling that tech I purchased from Canada in order to increase funds.

tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

From my experiences,id say pretty much.Even before the latest update the US advance in mexico has usually been comprised mainly of tanks.

Sometimes I can find alot of the infantry and small art lined up waiting for boarding onto transports for an amphib,sometimes I can find alot of those units doing garrison work,and sometimes no sign of them.But almost everytime the tanks roll in large numbers into mexico.
Chuckle TM

Return to “After Action Reports”